AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 15:53   Link #4741
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Teana's only in charge because Hayate is under investigation (again). I doubt they'll make any moves until Hayate is in the clear again.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:34   Link #4742
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It will be a shame, tough. Teana has gathered good fame for being a good strategist(and, unlike Hayate, she have some real feats supporting that) having her in charge it will be a good excuse to let her being awesome in her own exclusive way xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 16:38   Link #4743
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Hayate doesn't have to make strategies. She's the commander: she has people to do that for her.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:01   Link #4744
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nice. So the only thing Hayate can do, she can't do anymore because the other characters can do that better. Why not just put her on ice entirely?

Seriously though, I never really liked the Hayate in command thing to begin with since it put her off the battlefield and into a role not all that different from Yuuno.

Yeah. The shaft role.

But in command, at least she could pull some crazy command scheme and become a bad-ass commander. That's a cool role too. If actually executed properly. Which Force does not. I mean, last chapter she was praised for letting herself get tied up in red tape. Really? I'm no military genius, but since when was that an accomplishment worthy of praise?

So yeah, count me as someone who hopes that Hayate gets out on the field again, because Tsuzuki cannot write a commander Hayate. Let her get back to the field with the other two aces, where she can blast the crap out of enemies.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 17:17   Link #4745
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So yeah, count me as someone who hopes that Hayate gets out on the field again, because Tsuzuki cannot write a commander Hayate. Let her get back to the field with the other two aces, where she can blast the crap out of enemies.
Keroko for president! xD

No, seriously, he's right. Sure, we know Hayate is a glass cannon and a Squishy Wizard but insted on keeping reminding us he's unsuited for direct combat why Tsuzuki don't focus on her strenghes instead? Tons of times were told the Yagami-ke is a powerfull force to be reckoned with when they fight togheter becuase they have amazing temwork and cover each other weaknesses, allowing Hayate to focus on being a super awesome bombardement mage.

I wish that at least just fdor once we get to see the Yagami family being that awesome super team instead of that just happening off screen.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-07, 17:40   Link #4746
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Being in command just isn't all that glorious. It's mostly paper work and politics. But that's what Hayate wanted so no sense complaining about it.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:48   Link #4747
Justin_Brett

You can definitely complain about Tsuzuki being shit at writing that as a personal strength of hers, though.

And yeah that's how command works in real life. But typically not in fiction, which this is.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 17:53   Link #4748
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
General/Commander's job is to mitigate the big and small pictures. It certainly can be well written

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:12   Link #4749
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hayate doesn't have to make strategies. She's the commander: she has people to do that for her.
Wai-wha?! Okay let's get this straight first, just who are the "people" you are referring?
Old 2011-12-07, 18:25   Link #4750
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Wai-wha?! Okay let's get this straight first, just who are the "people" you are referring?
I`m curious about that as well.

She doesn`t even have a second-in-command if something were to happen to her on the field...
The mayhem in R6`s ranks when she got stab... Deville and Arnage left the battlefield on their own and Fate was just there, saying "wait".
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:34   Link #4751
Justin_Brett

She has Griffith...who isn't a field officer and did basically nothing when she was injured.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:41   Link #4752
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yeah, i also wonder what happened with him and those usefull people from Long Arch xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-07, 18:46   Link #4753
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yeah, i also wonder what happened with him and those usefull people from Long Arch xDU
I`ll say a promotion and they got the hell out of there.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:47   Link #4754
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Who's Griffith? I feel like that person is important. j/k
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:09   Link #4755
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The glasses guy with purple hair, he's the son of Admiral Leti Lowran and also currently married to Lucino.

I don't remember his exact rank when he was part of RF6 but apparenlty it was the closest Hayate had as a 2nd in command.

Trivia: is a childhood friend of Shari xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-07, 19:15   Link #4756
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Griffith wasn't there, though. At the end of StrikerS, he and Lucino went to the same ship. I think, if anything, Nanoha or Fate would be second in command. Maybe Lucino, as far as matters aboard ship. But Teana is a good second-in-command for the mission.

Anyway, I'm not as hung up about Hayate being in command, and not really in the field so much. Someone has to be command, so who would we suggest? A completely new person with no magical abilities? Serious and honest question here. Who would you rather have in charge in order to put Hayate into the field?

From my point of view, I think she's good there; she is fairly intelligent. She figured out the cyborg incident with the Nakajima's, would be related to the drones. And she also figured out that Regius was connected to it, while also cutting through Bureau red tape to expertly create a unit that could respond to the drones and AMF. As Genya said, "That's one smart little girl!"

On another topic... Thoma and Lily shared a bed? And they aren't in a relationship? I guess, in the Nanohaverse, sharing a bed is no big deal after all! :P (Oh yes, I went there!)

Especially considering Yuuno and Nanoha shared a bath!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:16   Link #4757
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
not joking: Who's Lucino?
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:27   Link #4758
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pink-haired girl who served as the skipper on the Arthra in StrikerS--the position Amy had in the previous two seasons. She communicated with Signum when Signum and Agito took down all those drones.
Old 2011-12-07, 19:30   Link #4759
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
She has Griffith...who isn't a field officer and did basically nothing when she was injured.
Strategy is basically how you want to allocate your resources, troops and ships and all, on a broad view - it's the work of those up high, not below.

The only one higher than Hayate are the top brass, and they were not there - she's the one out there commanding MS6. The REMF's can only give broad instructions on the goals and rules of engagements, but the rest of the strategies and tactics is for MS6 to devise since coordinating every move with the top is horribly inefficient in rapidly evolving mission situations which is the characteristics of modern engagements. That means on this level Hayate has her own strategy to devise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Someone has to be command, so who would we suggest? A completely new person with no magical abilities? Serious and honest question here. Who would you rather have in charge in order to put Hayate into the field?
Genya? No wait, he's lower-ranked than her. The Harlouwns then, Chrono or Lindy. Especially Chrono, now that Yuuno got a cameo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
not joking: Who's Lucino?
Griffith's waifu.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-12-07 at 20:46.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:32   Link #4760
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
On another topic... Thoma and Lily shared a bed? And they aren't in a relationship? I guess, in the Nanohaverse, sharing a bed is no big deal after all! :P (Oh yes, I went there!)

Especially considering Yuuno and Nanoha shared a bath!
I`ll say it`s good pratice if he`s serious about living with the Nakajima.
I`m sure Erio wasn`t expecting a full view of Subaru at the hot baths.

Tags
manga, nanoha force