AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-17, 14:10   Link #5181
Tenzen12

Looks pretty good so far and if Yang short is to be taken at face of value, we might get even action close to Oums seasons (though not equal of course). I am quite positive about this season.
Old 2017-10-17, 19:06   Link #5182
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And we're back!

Mistral is in a bigger shit than what it seems. Unlike Menagerie which is considered a place where both humans and Faunus can live in harmony, everything in Mistral is in a state of discord. The multi-stratum nature of the city signifies an imbalance in peace, and the rest of Mistral is either under threat from bandits or Grimm. Not to mention that the Huntsmen are split between teaching aspiring students and protecting Mistral itself.

Basically the reason why the Spring Maiden, Maiden of Knowledge, is such a big threat in the wrong hands is because she can just expose the locations of the other maidens. Not to mention the tactical advantage in knowing a lot of things. The bandits can use the Spring Maiden, but considering we know little about Raven means that she could be less of a villain than we assume.

Anyway, everything currently converges in Mistral, aside from Blake's problem with Ilia still restrained to within Menagerie. I guess we won't see a grand reunion any time soon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 10:15   Link #5183
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow this is so good...
I think they just made a stronger opening episode than season 4...
looks like Ruby is going to meet Yang first, not sure if they are going to solve Mistrals' political situation first but we might know something after Ospin make some plan
Yang is heading toward Raven.. so she is not going to meet Ruby
Blake might play more in political states of her hometown.. less battle scene is expected

and Weiss is probably going to do lots of training arc and money-less adventure

this season is probably slow but I hope they could solve the Spring Maiden arc in this season
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 05:18   Link #5184
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

next episode has be confirmed to be around 20 minutes.
Old 2017-10-20, 05:29   Link #5185
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm surprised at the episode length's we're getting, though I assume it's because the show is now RT's biggest hit and revenue generator, so they must have gotten a big staff bump.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 09:04   Link #5186
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm surprised at the episode length's we're getting, though I assume it's because the show is now RT's biggest hit and revenue generator, so they must have gotten a big staff bump.
I vaguely recall an earlier announcement that all the episodes this season were expected to run the same length as a standard half-hour minus commercials show. (US standard length versus Japanese standard length, I don't remember.) Don't ask me to source the statement because I don't remember where I read it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 00:41   Link #5187
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

The new episode is aptly named "Dread in the Air".

Here's to more Salem and finally knowing what Ozpin's semblance is! More Weiss is nice as well.
Old 2017-10-21, 10:28   Link #5188
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 2:

So Cinder can finally talk again. She's going with I assume Emerald and Mercury to wherever Raven is, which will likely end up with an inevitable showdown with whichever protags are heading there as well.

Wasps in realy life are nasty motherfuckers so I'm not surprised they based some Grimm off of them, but thanks to that we finally get to see a full and proper Weiss summon in action. That said, well, a crash is still a crash. She then gets captured by... Raven's tribe no less.

Adam gets a verbal dressing down from Sienna... who promptly gets murdered by Adam in his coup. Was expecting her to last a little longer or have a bigger role, but I guess she served her purpose of making sure that Adam is pretty much beyond any sort of forgiveness or redemption now.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 09:06   Link #5189
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I thought that scene didn't really fill much of a purpose other than to confirm that Adam is a shithead. But we already knew that, so...

EDIT: Oh actually, it also gives us some characterization for Hazel, so it's not entirely pointless.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 09:30   Link #5190
Tormenk

Makes you wonder if Hazel was such a reasonable man why is he serving under Salem at all.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 11:54   Link #5191
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Okay, so the Week Late Train is actually the Week Plus One Day Late Train to start the season since I totally forgot that the episodes go up on YouTube on Saturdays instead of Sundays. Anyway...

So, as others have said, the Volume 5 opening was a big improvement over the Volume 4 opening. Really had a lot to offer. We got a glimpse at all of the core RWBY cast members, though some more than others. Weiss had the weakest open since she's just in transit right now, but I did find the interaction interesting. A little bit more heart than she's shown before, perhaps because she's a bit damaged right now. I generally agree with the pilot, though I disagree with how he approached it. I can't remember from last season; does he know Weiss is a Huntress in training? Regardless, he's right that they're not in a position likely to succeed, though he was a bit more "hear-no-evil" than I would've liked.

Blake had the 3rd ranked showing so far. Always cringe when someone pulls the, "We're going public tomorrow" card. Just keep that kind of stuff to yourself... I did really like the thing with Blake's parents and Sun, though. Good to inject a little humor early in the season.

My question about Ruby is where the heck was she keeping her comics during the trip unless she has them stored digitally on a scroll? Sort of likely, anyway, but still a question that I thought of amongst all that stuff. And was there a joke in there about Lionheart being scared half to death sort of like the Cowardly Lion? Interesting how they wove politics into that discussion about when to go after the Spring Maiden. And I said out loud when Qrow said he needed a drink, "Uh, you just had one..." Still, Qrow is a comedic genius at this point. He's one of my favorite characters, though I find the hunched-over way he walks to be kinda weird. Just doesn't translate well in the animation, even though I get what kind of look the animators are going for.

Finally, there's Yang. Damn I love her. She is my favorite character, and I loved everything about her showing in the first episode. This is the best they've made her look in the entire series so far. Loved the Goldilocks joke and the bandit bouncing all over the room like a bouncy ball after Yang hit him. Cannot wait to see the Raven plotline play out more.

Overall, a strong opening. Can't wait for next week! And hopefully the Week Late Train makes up some time en route and watches the episode Saturday instead...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 12:29   Link #5192
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If you have a (free) Roosterteeth account, the wait is only 24 hours.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 14:15   Link #5193
tuckersister

I'm looking forward to the White Fang VS a Dragon King. Totally one sided.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 16:59   Link #5194
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Actually the wait time for a free account is 72 hours for Volume 5.
Old 2017-10-22, 19:11   Link #5195
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I intensely dislike RoosterTeeth's media player, so I wait for the YouTube version.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 11:59   Link #5196
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I intensely dislike RoosterTeeth's media player, so I wait for the YouTube version.
I actually think it's improved this time around, though maybe's it's because I wait until a few hours have passed to watch the episode.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 15:28   Link #5197
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Actually the wait time for a free account is 72 hours for Volume 5.
I was wondering why my free account didn't have access to the episode yet.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 16:37   Link #5198
Sparda4
Dark Knight

The episode was great. Leo is going to get his ass handed to him by the end of the volume i'm 100% sure on that. Qrow really seems on edge tho more then usual and i don't think it's because of the Spring Maiden. Oscar really needs to take some cues from good ol' Ozpin he's way too shy.And i'm certain Ozpin has somekind of relation either to the Brothers or the Maidens him being in Oscar's head is MUCH MORE then a semblance that's for sure.
Old 2017-10-24, 04:38   Link #5199
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This is clever.
Old 2017-10-24, 07:36   Link #5200
The 48th Ronin

Poor Weiss.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby