AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 47.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-13, 14:33   Link #61
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Doesn't answer my question.

Did the writers ever say that we're suppose to ignore the endings for S1 and S2 then?

Otherwise I'd still say it's canon because it was there and it's part of the anime series.
I'm going to assume J.C. Staff is going to add "some" anime original parts. Just to tag things along from the previous seasons.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:10   Link #62
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

A perfect 10/10

Love how everything was well explained in good detail, the twist of needing for Hecate to be sacrificed, Yoshida to imagine the city (with Lamies doing the Anti-Seal spell), 3 Gods of Earth tearing sh*t apart, and the final confrontation between Shana vs Yuji and Wilhelmina vs Sydonay.

The buildup was terrific and I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:43   Link #63
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm surprised she didn't remark upon last episode about it. :k
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=42

I did.

@Hooves - Correct, Yuji didn't need Yoshida to aid him for his plans. Yet he still said he needed her. Why? Because he needed her romantically. :3
Old 2012-02-13, 18:46   Link #64
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=42

I did.

@Hooves - Correct, Yuji didn't need Yoshida to aid him for his plans. Yet he still said he needed her. Why? Because he needed her romantically. :3
... You are an inspiration to shippers everywhere, Kristen. You really are.

I'd rep you for this if the system would let me, lol.
Old 2012-02-13, 18:54   Link #65
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I've been tempted to make a DSM-IV-TR diagnosis of Kristen for a LONG time.
Old 2012-02-13, 19:47   Link #66
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I even made a fanfiction post based on Kristen's loyalty to Yoshida

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=19
Old 2012-02-14, 06:49   Link #67
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Yoshida is the first on his mind. After all, he needs her. She needs him. They are the perfect couple. But this mutual love leads to Yuji realizing how it is more important to deal with the more unstable Shana and the unstable world. As such, they have come to a mutual agreement (words don't need to be spoken between true lovers) to take care of that first; their love can wait.
.... what has Daiz done now?
Old 2012-02-14, 11:43   Link #68
Ray
Garnet

Nooo, not Hecate. Why is it always the cute ones that must be sacrificed? :<

But yay for Pheles making an appearance in the next episode; it's always nice to see that green haired beauté.
Old 2012-02-14, 13:04   Link #69
klare

bye bye Hecate

i think they purposely make those 3 of the 4 gods look like villains so they can surprise us later
Old 2012-02-15, 03:08   Link #70
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Doesn't answer my question.

Did the writers ever say that we're suppose to ignore the endings for S1 and S2 then?

Otherwise I'd still say it's canon because it was there and it's part of the anime series.
How does it not? He said they were not novel material.

Meaning they're not part of the source material.
Old 2012-02-15, 06:59   Link #71
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think he means that the anime never said they weren't novel materials. Which implies that the fights that occurred in the endings for season 1 and 2. Are going to be completely irrelevant to what's going to happen in season 3. Which they should've given some notice (although I don't exactly know how they would do that) that those ending fights weren't canon.
Old 2012-02-15, 11:43   Link #72
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Exactly, how can you say that S1 and S2 weren't canon since it never happened in the novels when the writers never said anything about it?

If there's something from the writers that say that certain scenes never happened in S1 and S2 then I would agree but there's nothing.

For example, in SEED Mwu died and we see his cracked helment. In the revised or OVA TV movie his helment was removed because the writers decided to bring him back.

Or is S3 completely separate from S1 and S2 then?
Old 2012-02-15, 13:12   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well Hecate is toast when you carry the mantle or Miko something like this is bound to happen.

Oh Yoshida did you really think that Neo Yuji wouldnt remember your pendant. As soon as she went there i knew he would seal it. However from the preview it looks like the seal will be removed and it also looks like she has found the conviction to sacrifice her life to stop Xanadu plans. We all know who that green haired beauty was in the preview.

Gods of the earth are no fucking joke they are wrecking everyone and even the stronger Guze are not looking forward to fighting them, they are fighting since there is no other choice. I expect to see a couple of them fall i mean that one dude was making freakin meteors fall from the sky how the hell do you guard against that. I do like the guy who uses the puppet army everytime one of his little minions goes nom nom nom on a Guze it replicates into 2 thats a pretty handy trick plus that dude is looking for vengeance and he seems a little battle hungry.

Shana vs Yuji i think this is going to be one knock down drag out fight there is not backing down now. If they loose there is no stopping the Xanadu plan.

Seems like a couple of heros were missing when the operation started. Lets see what they are up to in the next episode.
Old 2012-02-15, 13:17   Link #74
syke123

Quote:
Exactly, how can you say that S1 and S2 weren't canon since it never happened in the novels when the writers never said anything about it?

If there's something from the writers that say that certain scenes never happened in S1 and S2 then I would agree but there's nothing.

For example, in SEED Mwu died and we see his cracked helment. In the revised or OVA TV movie his helment was removed because the writers decided to bring him back.

Yeah, S3 is actually following the LN's, compared to S1,S2. They wanted an interesting way to close the seasons so I don't see it as wrong. The writers are actually part of the studio, the LN's are written by a single person. Those events in S1 and the statue of pride was invented by the studios writers, not the author. So whatever they invent has no relevance to it being considered canon.
Old 2012-02-15, 13:54   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

If S3 follows the novels faithfully then you'll never see the references to the endings of S1 and S2 that you're looking for that's what it means.

From the way S3 is progressing, that looks to be the case.

Just wait and see then

The novels are the source. Your studio writers don't have any impact on them. Only, the author Takahashi Yashichirou does.
Old 2012-02-15, 15:11   Link #76
liquidblueocean

Good episode. It's great to see human/emotional effects of plot again, after the robotic first half of the season.
Old 2012-02-15, 18:48   Link #77
syke123

Must bear one more day before seeing Mammon fight!!!
Old 2012-02-15, 21:14   Link #78
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:

There is only one original author as Cosmic Eagle said, the other "anime original" arcs are just because the studio needs to make each season look as if it had an end, as they don't know if they will be abble to make a next one, that's why they didn't gave any hint of Snake's existence before S3.
Old 2012-02-15, 22:55   Link #79
Kakkou
Tch.

Awww, Hecate's exit from the story made me ;__;. Now Pheles is left as the only female character in the show worth rooting for (well there's Margery I suppose). Speaking of her I'm definitely looking forward to her return. Hopefully she and Johan will get a good ending. That and Shana losing the battle is all I'm really expecting from the finale. She can still get her man and happy ending for all I care, somehow I just want to see her lose the actual war.
Old 2012-02-18, 12:41   Link #80
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For myself I can say this season has made a good job at portraying both sides from all different shades: grey, black & white.

I felt terrible for the Flame Hazes losing their numbers and their will in the previous battle, stuck between the wall and the sword against the Tomogara.

Now, in this final skirmish I feel sorry for the Tomogara gathered at the entrance to Paradise becoming literal fodder by Shana's group.

There are no winners and losers in war; everything is consumed by it.

Yuuji's ambition is to put an end to that fate, or, perhaps, replace it for a new one to free Shana from those shackes, however, since that ambition of his is based on desire leaving uncertain results, then Shana as a Flame Haze cannot concede to that, hence, she must fight Yuuji to the sour end.
Closed Thread