AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-26, 20:27   Link #241
darkofficer
just a devil

And for a long time in a "harem" anime in actually ends in a harem. But linze must work on her embarrassment. K.O. her fiance in ONE PUNCH

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 23:39   Link #242
hyddty

With that ending pic showing all 9 girls, I hope there is a chance for season 2
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 03:40   Link #243
Ultragunner

Did....did that bear just French-kiss that cat tiger??

and...the dude from OP just kinda appeared in the last minute of the last episode....for reasons?

what is going on here
Old 2017-09-27, 07:08   Link #244
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
and...the dude from OP just kinda appeared in the last minute of the last episode....for reasons?

what is going on here
I assume they were going for an open ending that could be used for a second season

Only time will tell.
Old 2017-09-27, 07:38   Link #245
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Did....did that bear just French-kiss that cat tiger??

what is going on here
White haired guy from OP plays major recurring role in future volumes of Smartphone. The action and plot escalates starting from this point, and the interdimensional enemies that Touya and he will fight will be a recurring enemy as well.

Apparently the source LNs are Hobby Japan's (Smartphone's LN publisher) bestselling title - they even requested J-Novel Club to translate their novels.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 09:24   Link #246
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
White haired guy from OP plays major recurring role in future volumes of Smartphone. The action and plot escalates starting from this point, and the interdimensional enemies that Touya and he will fight will be a recurring enemy as well.

Apparently the source LNs are Hobby Japan's (Smartphone's LN publisher) bestselling title - they even requested J-Novel Club to translate their novels.
J-Novel Club have almost finished volume 5 and it seems like the anime covers volumes 1-3.

I think. I just had a quick glance at their website and that seems to be the case.

Hmm, come to think I don't think I've read past this point. I originally read the web novel translations but stopped shortly after where the anime just ended.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 06:51   Link #247
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 12:

That's a rather large harem he ended up with. Oh well.. there seems to be plenty of hope for season 2.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 22:16   Link #248
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 12:

Oh well.. there seems to be plenty of hope for season 2.
Hope so. My daughter and I enjoyed it a lot despite a few key things they left out, such as Touya's first meeting with End at the food cart.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 11:09   Link #249
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I just watched this for my own guilty pleasure

nothing makes sense and there is no plot...
just someone who enjoyed his own harem while playing with his mobile phone and breaking everything
I really thought Knight & Magic is a bad isekai series but this one is worse
although it is like that, I enjoyed it till the end.. probably because I like Yumina's personality

not a bad show... 6/10
I'll watch the season 2 just to see how he would get the other 5 wives and expecting a timeskip as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 12:05   Link #250
AnimeFangirl

It's definitely a guilty pleasure, with the "pleasure" part being debatable. I enjoyed it best when Touya was just being Touya and smashing everything in his way with Slip and Aports. I didn't like the girls and their antics at all so I wouldn't watch another season with even more girls. If they make a version where Touya goes rogue and it's just him on his solo adventures, that would be pretty fun to watch.

At least harem lovers can't complain about the ending
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I really thought Knight & Magic is a bad isekai series but this one is worse
I saw episode 1 of that, it didn't seem too bad. I'm going to try some more later.
Old 2017-10-22, 05:33   Link #251
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
It's definitely a guilty pleasure, with the "pleasure" part being debatable. I enjoyed it best when Touya was just being Touya and smashing everything in his way with Slip and Aports. I didn't like the girls and their antics at all so I wouldn't watch another season with even more girls. If they make a version where Touya goes rogue and it's just him on his solo adventures, that would be pretty fun to watch.

At least harem lovers can't complain about the ending

I saw episode 1 of that, it didn't seem too bad. I'm going to try some more later.
The truth is both are bad. But they're also really fun so... The authors for both series never tried to be superficial about this point and just wrote what they want to write. With Knights & Magic, the selling point is all those delicious robotic designs (which the anime did an AMAZING job with animating) and this series is all about all the fluffiness and slice-of-life/harem/fantasy/isekai aspects.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 04:31   Link #252
moridin84
Custom User Title

Isekai smartphone is very open and unashamed about what kind of show it is. Because of that, it feels very fun and refreshingto watch.

That the main character is a nice likable guy is a big plus too. I like the MCs of Konosuba and No Game No Life a lot but... I don't need all isekai MCs to be like that.
Old 2017-10-23, 10:24   Link #253
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Isekai smartphone is very open and unashamed about what kind of show it is. Because of that, it feels very fun and refreshingto watch.

That the main character is a nice likable guy is a big plus too. I like the MCs of Konosuba and No Game No Life a lot but... I don't need all isekai MCs to be like that.
That's about how I felt about it. It feels like it's been awhile since we had someone who actually fit the mold every other show tries so hard to break away from.

It was kind of fun just sitting back and enjoying the show.
Old 2017-10-24, 16:15   Link #254
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
With Knights & Magic, the selling point is all those delicious robotic designs (which the anime did an AMAZING job with animating)
I'm halfway through Knight's & Magic now and honestly think Smartphone is the better show. Sure the robots are nice and all, but who watches an isekai show for robots? It's all about the overpowered MC and his harem of loving followers. But I'll save any further complaints for the K&M topic.

Smartphone knows its target market and appeals to them 100%. I'm starting to think a Season 2 wouldn't be so bad after all.
Old 2017-10-24, 16:59   Link #255
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Smartphone knows its target market and appeals to them 100%. I'm starting to think a Season 2 wouldn't be so bad after all.
I thought it was amazing how this show could walk a path that well-trodden with such untainted enthusiasm and no temptation to stray. It's charm is very simple, but it's there.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 23:50   Link #256
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Is it true the show will have an OVA?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 19:58   Link #257
zztop

Quote:
I'm halfway through Knight's & Magic now and honestly think Smartphone is the better show. Sure the robots are nice and all, but who watches an isekai show for robots? It's all about the overpowered MC and his harem of loving followers. But I'll save any further complaints for the K&M topic.

In fairness, Knights' target audience is a specific subset of mecha otaku, while Smartphone's targeting the broader otaku readers. Knights is more for mecha fans who love gunpla, but don't want the heavy Gundam-style drama associated with most mech series.

The overpowered MC and follower harem is pretty much a staple of most isekai series on Shousetsuka. Knights's focus on the overpowered (in skills and drive) MC who loves robots above all else is something very different for longtime isekai readers.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 04:49   Link #258
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:

I admit I couldn't finish Knights & Magic. I'm guess I'm just not that into robots.
Old 2017-10-26, 09:57   Link #259
AnimeFangirl

I managed to finish it, but I wasn't impressed either. I like robot combat, I like isekai, but the combo of the two didn't quite work for me.

Tags
reincarnated