AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 14:24   Link #61
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I think I have a clip of her hugging a Horo bodypillow. I may be wrong, it may not be her, but I'm too damn lazy to be sure. Let me know if this is just a decent cosplay participant and not Koshimizu.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dRA0o2Jae94
It certainly looks a lot like her, but with lack of a close-up and the camera angle, there's no way for me to confirm it. Cute girl regardless though .
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 14:52   Link #62
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
I have to admit I don't really like Fukuyama voice on Lawrence, seems a bit off to me (somebody like Keiji Fujiwara would be a better option, but it's me).
Looks like I wasn't only surprised that Lawrence was getting a young voice.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:40   Link #63
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Koshimizu is a great actor but for some reason she just doesn't click for me. I guess I was expecting a more 'mysterious' voice. Maybe it was because she was talking pretty fast in the trailer... At the very least, Ookami will deliver great scenery. That was a very visually appealing trailer!

Edit: Yeah, Lawrence seems a more mature, early 30s type of character.
Old 2007-12-31, 09:43   Link #64
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Edit: Yeah, Lawrence seems a more mature, early 30s type of character.
Random fact: humans in Ookami's world only live a maximum of seventy-five years, for some reason. That's the first little detail that reminded me of Scrapped Princess and made me think this series might have a similar sci-fi subplot.
Old 2007-12-31, 18:12   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I'm in to check this one out just based on the premise. The "daily life" of a traveling merchant and a wolfgirl-goddess in the middle ages just has me chuckling. Though I'll suspect it gets a bit tragic before it is done <sigh>.

(scans back through thread) ... hoy! the manga looks interesting as well (adds to search queue)

I'll probably collect the light novels though I'm still very slow and painful with reading skills.

yet-another-edit: the more I read about this the more interested I get. Hopefully, the pacing is on the restful side rather than the frantic side (as in paced for the age in which it occurs). I'd almost love to see a series-long conversation between these two characters as they ride along in their wagon with minor intermissions of excitement being in a town.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-12-31 at 19:59.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 21:42   Link #66
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I'm trying to keep track of everything related to this series on http://clockworkgiantpandas.com/. Feedback is appreciated. I 'jacked spicy-wolf.com's theme. Took me a little while to do it, but I think the finished product looks pretty good. Feedback on content would be nice too, lulz.
Old 2008-01-01, 22:26   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

At first I thought you were just spamming a bit... but it is really just a nice website dedicated to Wolf and Spice. I enjoyed the content at least.
Old 2008-01-02, 01:02   Link #68
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Thanks dood. I just add whatever I find each day to it. If you guys notice something I miss, like RAW mango chapters, please let me know.
Old 2008-01-02, 05:40   Link #69
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Episode 1 preview~

Spoiler for summary:

Manga readers should find this similar, besides for Chloe.

It seems a DS game is coming out~~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 09:25   Link #70
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Yup, the game looks like a retelling or a dating-sim type thing. It would be awesome if it was an economics/trading game, eh?

Btw, chapter 4 of the mango is out.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:31   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Settlers of Catan - NOW WITH WOLF GODDESS (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlers_of_Catan)
Old 2008-01-03, 09:51   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Koshimizu is a great actor but for some reason she just doesn't click for me. I guess I was expecting a more 'mysterious' voice. Maybe it was because she was talking pretty fast in the trailer....
I had great hopes for her in this show, but the trailer didn't fulfil them for me, either. Here's hoping that was an early take and her voice will work better in the real thing.

According to her blog, Ami had a terrible year, health-wise, in 2007, with stress causing her stomach problems and insomnia. She says she got a bad fortune at the temple last New Year's and things just got worse from there. I hope she has a much better year in 2008. She and her friend Sanpei Yuuko both went from being free agents to joining the big Production Baobab agency during the year, so hopefully that may reduce her stress.

EDIT for Masanori Ota and Grimkill7 -- The girl hugging the dakimakura in the YouTube video is definitely not Koshimizu Ami.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-03 at 12:16.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 13:01   Link #73
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Okay, thanks.
Old 2008-01-04, 03:47   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been reading the scans of the manga .... if the anime adaptation can manage to capture the totally charming conversations between Horo and Lawrence - this'll be a hit with me.
Old 2008-01-04, 12:53   Link #75
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been reading the scans of the manga .... if the anime adaptation can manage to capture the totally charming conversations between Horo and Lawrence - this'll be a hit with me.
What he said. This one (together with Hatenkou Yuugi) is my biggest hope for the new winter shows and browsing through the manga only confirmed that status.

Then again, no battle plan survives contact with the anime ...
Old 2008-01-04, 16:01   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

True... I was not overwhelmed by the anime character model designs, but then the manga art is, while not bad, somewhat average so far in my reading. The storyline, however, more than makes up for it.

Idiot question: there are ... 6 volumes of the light novel and I don't know how many of the manga. I hope they're using the novels as source material. Can anyone who's reading the novels say whether there are good anime ending stop points without spoiling anything?

Not that the information changes much.... the anime will be what it will be. At least it did its job in directing me towards the manga -- and maybe later the light novels
Old 2008-01-04, 16:03   Link #77
Westlo
Lets be reality

I asked that question on page 3 about manga/novels and here's a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
The manga is, so far, very faithful, as far as I can tell from my limited understanding and what the translators in #moob have told me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:29   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh... my poor grammar... what I actually wondered was if the anime adaptation was using the light novels as their basis or whether they were deriving the script from the manga adaptation. The light novels are much further along - therefore providing more story material.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-01-04 at 16:50.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 21:36   Link #79
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

So far all we've seen of the anime shows they've taken the first chapter or two of the manga/novel and added a character (a different love interest for Lawrence, it seems). Then again, I may be horribly wrong and that character is really part of the story. We haven't seen her yet in the manga or novel yet, though.

As for a good stopping point for the anime, I don't see one yet. We've only gotten one climax in the novels so far (as far as I can tell) and that's in the first volume (the manga hasn't even got that far). Here it is anyhow, for you guys who just can't control themselves:

Spoiler for Don't do it!:

As you can see, this is a little too early for the anime to end on. Unfortunately, I don't see any good stopping point beyond this, in the five volumes I've torrented (I don't have the sixth yet, unfortunately). I personally don't want the anime to rush through the novels, like what happened to Zero no Tsukaima (that's a rather extreme example, but it's the most recent). Here's to hoping the anime isn't 12 episodes long. :l
Old 2008-01-08, 14:42   Link #80
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

First episode aired today. It was nowhere near the travesty that Imagin usually produces, but it wasn't really all that overly impressive compared to things that the rest of the world makes. They really went gung-ho to drive to drive the rustic setting home too.

OP

Caps etc
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=610

I think manga fans will be mostly pleased (possibly that Imagin hasn't produced a steaming ball of refuse), but *shrug* A bit sloooow and pastoral for my tastes personally.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen