AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-28, 10:22   Link #21
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Fellow sekai fan? Well, you can watch at least two of them on youtube. They're somewhat clearer than most of the Kotonoha good endings. Anyways, the directors of the anime decided on the bad end because that's the thing School Days (in)famous for. Not to mention it had such a powerfull effect. Nowadays we see at least one reply on the forums about a harem anime, like: "I hope it won't end like School Days", "I don't want nice boat ending". Hating it or not, but School Days gained popularity with it.
Old 2009-07-28, 12:43   Link #22
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Fellow sekai fan? Well, you can watch at least two of them on youtube. They're somewhat clearer than most of the Kotonoha good endings. Anyways, the directors of the anime decided on the bad end because that's the thing School Days (in)famous for. Not to mention it had such a powerfull effect. Nowadays we see at least one reply on the forums about a harem anime, like: "I hope it won't end like School Days", "I don't want nice boat ending". Hating it or not, but School Days gained popularity with it.
Although it might have gained popularity for that, it doesn't change the fact that most people use School Days as a negative example rather than a positive one. I would have liked to see a good ending rather then the bloodfest we got.

Yes, I am a Sekai fan and proud of it All depending on the personality I don't really lean on certain character types. I think Sekai really didn't deserve what Makoto was doing to her at all, now I don't agree with her committing murder but Makoto is also at fault for playing with her feelings. To me, it's not so much the ending that bothered me but the way the male leads development just flopped at the end. There was no consistency in his actions at all and although he is young and all, he could have at least not been going out with anyone. Meaning, Makoto could have been single without committing to anyone and did what he wanted to do.

I really did feel bad for Sekai though, I mean it was obvious in the beginning that Makoto was falling for Sekai and no matter what Kotonoha did to gain his attention, Makoto just didn't care about her as much as he did before. I just want to see a good ending for Sekai

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-28, 13:06   Link #23
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

In my case the anime's ending what brought me to watch it at first. I spoiled by someone that the main hero's killed by a certain heroine. So I focused on Sekai and Makoto's relationship from the start. I only was watchfull of Kotonoha's actions and motives after the second or third rewatch.
I pissed off by the protagonist's "cruelty"(idiocity) from the second part too. Especially because it felt somewhat artifical to me. I rewatched the anime 4 times just to find out why makoto did what he did. It seemed like a dual personality to me at first...he had such a drastical change.
Anyways tragedic endings like that helps to bring our attentions to the characters. Why they did that. Why this happened in the end. There could be a way to avoid this? etc...
Maybe because I'm a Sekai fan(not only because of her pain and my initial focus. Her cheerfull and somewhat selfless caring personality too. I am really attracted to the girls like that)
Old 2009-07-28, 14:17   Link #24
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, finally we have a favorite in common, Dex-kun, fellow Sekai supporter...

Old 2009-07-28, 14:40   Link #25
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah. Sekai fans unite!
We need a fanclub or something like that.
Old 2009-07-28, 21:58   Link #26
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, finally we have a favorite in common, Dex-kun, fellow Sekai supporter...
Hey look at that I just couldn't handle Kotonoha at all, she was just so much in denial. I supported Sekai from the beginning of the series, she seemed very fun and carefree

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-29, 06:38   Link #27
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That makes two of us. Still doesn't excuse what she did at the end of the series, tho... That was just too much, even if she was being messed with or whatever.

Old 2009-07-29, 07:14   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Kotonoha fan here, and only because I assume Makoto would have the brains to pacify a beautiful young lady with tons of money.
Old 2009-07-29, 11:54   Link #29
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That makes two of us. Still doesn't excuse what she did at the end of the series, tho... That was just too much, even if she was being messed with or whatever.
Oh don't get me wrong. I said in the post above that I didn't condone her actions at the end of the series regardless of what I think of her. No matter what I think Makoto, I strongly believe that he didn't deserve what Sekai did because if someone is going to repent for what they've done, they'll do so while they're alive.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-29, 13:57   Link #30
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's only natural. But someone being depressed, mentally exhausted and undergoing the hormonal changes of pregnancy isn't a good thinker. Makoto did really bad things to her and Kotonoha but he didn't deserve to be killed. His death actually released him from his responsibilities.
Old 2009-07-29, 21:08   Link #31
FugibayashiFlower<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I want to see some of the good Sekai endings
haha so you like sekai too?

Be calm in your HEART. {Clannad FTW!<3}
Old 2009-07-29, 21:22   Link #32
FugibayashiFlower<3

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong. I said in the post above that I didn't condone her actions at the end of the series regardless of what I think of her. No matter what I think Makoto, I strongly believe that he didn't deserve what Sekai did because if someone is going to repent for what they've done, they'll do so while they're alive.
Hmm. In a way i disagree. Im not saying it was right for sekai to kill makoto. But at the time, while she had a strong belief that she was actually pregnant, she probably relied on makoto to be with her to the end because of the fact they'd have a family together. But because he went back to being with Kotonoha, it crushed her. She thought he had betrayed her. I guess being with Kotonoha meant more to him (now). {but really. if your gonna have a baby. you should be with the girl.} So, she killed him. Because of the fact that she loved him and didn't want to be alone.
I mean if i was in makoto's shoes, i'd just go ahead and be with sekai. I mean he loved her too? right? he said it a couple of times. What's wrong with sekai? D:
Buuuuuuut. Since she wasn't really pregnant she went ahead and said she still was. Trying to keep makoto.

Old 2009-07-29, 21:54   Link #33
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FugibayashiFlower<3 View Post
Hmm. In a way i disagree. Im not saying it was right for sekai to kill makoto. But at the time, while she had a strong belief that she was actually pregnant, she probably relied on makoto to be with her to the end because of the fact they'd have a family together. But because he went back to being with Kotonoha, it crushed her. She thought he had betrayed her. I guess being with Kotonoha meant more to him (now). {but really. if your gonna have a baby. you should be with the girl.} So, she killed him. Because of the fact that she loved him and didn't want to be alone.
I mean if i was in makoto's shoes, i'd just go ahead and be with sekai. I mean he loved her too? right? he said it a couple of times. What's wrong with sekai? D:
Buuuuuuut. Since she wasn't really pregnant she went ahead and said she still was. Trying to keep makoto.
That's speculation unless someone has an official source saying that she really wasn't but for all we know, she could have gotten the abortion before meeting with Makoto and could be one of the reasons for killing him. That part of the plot is pretty vague. When Kotonoha checked to see if there was a baby, of course there wouldn't because she could have had the abortion already. Aside from that, I'm also pretty sure that Sekai was in the early stages of her pregnancy so the baby hasn't even formed yet.

I'm not exactly sure what you disagreed with but like I said, deciding who dies or not is not up to anyone, he didn't deserve to die but what he did was pretty pathetic.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-29, 22:10   Link #34
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

There's no official source concerning whether Sekai was really pregnant or not, as regards the anime - in the game, there are some endings with her offspring in them.

To me, however, she could very well be in the early stages of her term, and so, Kotonoha wouldn't really be able to see anything when she cut her up (there is nothing to disprove this, as Kotonoha's state of mind is not really one where we can trust her conclusions, after all).

Also, there's no possible justification for what she did. It was wrong, pure and simple.

Old 2009-07-29, 23:03   Link #35
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Makoto hardly loved anyone to begin with. She came to Kotonoha because even for it was obvious how terrible her state is and perhaps because everyone has rejected him. He speaks about noble things but in reality he's really confused and that's all.
About the pregnancy: It's really funny. In general if someone states she's pregnant and others acting according to that it means she's pregnant. But because just one insane girl's doubt it suddenly become false? Or We really think Kotonoha's method to prove this(stabbing Sekai in the chest) is a precise and professional way to determine it? Both things are laughtable as counterproofs to the pregnancy.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:38   Link #36
FugibayashiFlower<3

Quote:
That's speculation unless someone has an official source saying that she really wasn't but for all we know, she could have gotten the abortion before meeting with Makoto and could be one of the reasons for killing him. That part of the plot is pretty vague. When Kotonoha checked to see if there was a baby, of course there wouldn't because she could have had the abortion already. Aside from that, I'm also pretty sure that Sekai was in the early stages of her pregnancy so the baby hasn't even formed yet.

I'm not exactly sure what you disagreed with but like I said, deciding who dies or not is not up to anyone, he didn't deserve to die but what he did was pretty pathetic.
Well yeah. What he did was really harsh. But to me in a way he kinda deserved to die. He abandoned sekai when she needed him the most. And he played around with all those girls. And also begged for more. (although i really think he was just confused and he used sex as a way to get away from it all.) Apart from that he got back together with kotonoha when he clearly stated he didn't care for her anymore. Like in episode 5. i think. I don't even know what the reason was for getting back with her in the first place. I felt like he had REAL strong feelings for sekai, but was confused because of all those other girls that kept coming at him. So when he left her, it caused his downfall. It's his fault. So he had to face the consiquences.

I now believe that sekai was pregnant because (your right) maybe the baby hadn't formed yet. I wouldn't take kotonoha's word for it because she became all delusional (again).

Old 2009-07-30, 22:13   Link #37
DeX-kun

Quote:
I now believe that sekai was pregnant because (your right) maybe the baby hadn't formed yet. I wouldn't take kotonoha's word for it because she became all delusional (again).
Whether you believe he deserved to die or not, I still say it's not up to anyone else. As I've always believed, "time will serve justice." I say Sekai should have just moved on with her life and forgotten about him because after what she did, I highly doubt she was going to get away with murder when all she was doing was rolling up in a ball while locking herself in her room. Sekai ruined her life all because of Makoto so that's why I believe that she shouldn't have killed him.

As for Kotonoha, delusional is putting it lightly. That girl has some serious mental issues.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-31, 02:48   Link #38
velvet nightmare

i looked it up on the internet just to be sure about the timing of the alleged pregnancy

if sekai HAD gotten pregnant this would be the timeline:

*week 0*-sex with makoto early on in the series leads to the initial pregnancy

*week 6*-morning sickness ~1.5 month into the series when all the drama starts (1 monthish seems reasonable development from when they first had sex)
-Nausea and vomiting can be one of the first signs of pregnancy and usually begins around the 6th week of pregnancy (taken from wiki)

*week 6-7*-sekai's death and confirmation of fake pregnancy
-"The embryo is starting to look like a tadpole. It's about 0.08 inches to 0.16 inches -- the size of a BB pellet" (0.08 inch = 0.203 2 centimeter) <points out the minimum possible size so it's visible to the naked eye

so based on this information (5 minutes of google searches) i can safely conclude that if kotonoha was at all serious about determining the pregnancy she would be able to confirm it, though she do so rather crudely.

however we can also argue the other side, that the timing of sekai missing her period coincides around the same time she begins to throw up, though you can also argue that late periods DO HAPPEN

so we have to assume the show is not throwing us a random plot hole curve ball (ie kotonoha was blinded by rage after all and sekai was actually pregnant, or someone who produced the show tells us so) we have to assume that sekai's pregnancy was false (compounded by the fact that she did not confirm her pregnancy with a test at a clinic)

just wanted to have everyone on the same page, take this information as it is, still doesnt change the fact that:

1) pregnant = she dies
2) not pregnant = she dies
Old 2009-07-31, 04:33   Link #39
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah, but even if visibkle to the naked eye, you can imagine it visible by after someone brutally cuts open a pregant woman's belly? I even doubt Kotonoha knew where she must aim. With a meat cleaver that big you could easily even crush the baby. Not to mention Kotonoha was extremely delusional. Even if she saws a fully grown baby it means nothing to her. She still belives there's nothing inside in Sekai.
Old 2009-07-31, 05:49   Link #40
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i looked it up on the internet just to be sure about the timing of the alleged pregnancy
Nice effort, and all, but... it doesn't change the fact you're taking into account the ravings of a lunatic over something that wasn't disproved otherwise. I mean, really, something the size of a bb pellet would really be visible in those conditions, that lightning?

And, really, you believe Kotonoha's words, there? She's the girl who was quite happy to sail away with her boyfriend's severed head, after all... We don't have to assume her words are the truth, at all. heh:

Closed Thread