AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 19:18   Link #81
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Alright, I shall be honest.

Mio plays the best. Bass>>>>>>>guitar
Everyone knows this whole show is just a way to get the moeness of Mio-chan out into the world.

And of course the announcing of a second season can only mean more Mio-chan and subsequently more K-On for me to watch and love every bit of Mio-Chan within.

PS: I'm sorry but I'm not sold on Azunyan.
Old 2010-01-24, 22:27   Link #82
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Everyone knows this whole show is just a way to get the moeness of Mio-chan out into the world.

And of course the announcing of a second season can only mean more Mio-chan and subsequently more K-On for me to watch and love every bit of Mio-Chan within.

PS: I'm sorry but I'm not sold on Azunyan.
They need to give Azunyan more guitar solos and actually animate them rather than just showing bandmate reactions
Old 2010-01-25, 00:05   Link #83
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

One of my friends - who actually isn't someone I'd consider a moe fan - calls his iPhone Azunyan. I've suggested naming his laptop "Yui" since the battery only lasts like five minutes now, but he wants to wait until he has enough PCs to name one after each of the four original girls. Could take a while.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 04:41   Link #84
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I speculate that Azunyan would be having my kitt -

*IS SHOT*

Spoiler for spoiler:

I would love to hear Yui's retarded voice again. UN-TAN! UN-TAN! UN-TAN!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 05:59   Link #85
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I speculate that Azunyan would be having my kitt -

*IS SHOT*

Spoiler for spoiler:

I would love to hear Yui's retarded voice again. UN-TAN! UN-TAN! UN-TAN!
You hear it almost every time she opens her mouth
Old 2010-01-26, 04:13   Link #86
firebrrend
Punishment Inspector

Lets hope K-on second season will not lose its uniqueness >.<
firebrrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 04:47   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
Not to be off topic but Guitar/Bass = just as good

Living proof of that, one of the best guitarists and bass players are these 2 guys, and its at Budokan! :P

o... my... god....

that should be inspiring but it just makes me look at how low on the food chain I am. That's some amazing bass...
Old 2010-01-29, 13:08   Link #88
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Looks like we get the second season in April already:
http://www.animevice.com/news/k-on-s...s-spring/3595/

Hard to believe they're doing it so soon after the first season, but not complaining - guess unlike Haruhi they're trying to keep the momentum going by not putting a big gap between seasons.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 14:21   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post

Hard to believe they're doing it so soon after the first season, but not complaining - guess unlike Haruhi they're trying to keep the momentum going by not putting a big gap between seasons.
Given the popularity in Japan and the merchandise tie-in levels coupled with the economic doldrums -- "More Money Now" seems to have gotten through to the green lighting people.
Old 2010-01-29, 18:54   Link #90
Leo Keichi

I'm convinced now that Haruhi won't end anytime soon. It will be like Evangelion, including the possibility of multiple endings. So, there's no hurry on the part of KyoAni, and let alone of the author of the novels now.

There is no anime from KyoAni in the current winter season, so, I'm not surprised about the news. The movie of Suzumiya must already be finished, and the companies don't like to stop working.

By the way, with all the success, I hope they announce an US DVD and Blu-ray release of season 1.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 21:13   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post

April huh? Well.....alright I guess......Was hoping for a later date though.
Old 2010-01-29, 22:16   Link #92
Meatrose
Antihero

April? That was definitely sooner than I expected. I thought they would start working on that after finishing the post production of the Suzumiya Haruhi movie. In other words - I was expecting the first episode in July. Note that I'm not complaining.
Old 2010-01-30, 16:29   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrrend View Post
Lets hope K-on second season will not lose its uniqueness >.<
What uniqueness? I'm sorry but I never expected anyone to use the term "unique" to describe anything about K-On. K-On's as predictable as they come and it's that predictability that is likely to bring the same people back to purchase 30,000 more Blu-Rays per release as opposed to an extremely un-Kyoani like risk of trying something different than the moeblob style and standard slice of life comedy plots that has made them the moe otaku studio of choice.

Well anyway the decision to keep K-On going this soon after it's first season doesn't surprise me at all given what I witnessed of it's sales success with moe otaku. It's also not really the kind of show that needs a long production run for a variety of reasons including it's simplicity and it's overall animation style. When you stand to make this much money off of a group of customers that is practically throwing themselves at your feet for even one more "moe moe kyun" I think you'd be nuts to postpone the opportunity.

I expect nothing more out of this than the formula that made the first season a moe otaku lightning rod if not cranked up a little since I hear that there's apparently very little manga material left to adapt and Kyoani always tends to fill gaps in adapations with the type of moe scene that K-On is already famous for. More Yui ditziness, more Mio getting teased by Ritsu and dressed up by Sawako, more Tsumugi being a non-entity and more Azusa in neko-mimi. That's likely to be the order of the day.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:04   Link #94
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh.... yeah, much as I've come to like K-On .... "unique" isn't a word i'd use either.

It is an entertaining collection of ideas, tropes, memes, archetypes, and product placement though.... an obvious step near Haruhi+Lucky*Star.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-01-30 at 20:19.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 21:09   Link #95
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There seems to be about as much material avalible for a second season as there was for a first season, as the manga is in its fourth volume now, and they skipped a tiny bit from the second volume during the 14 episodes (one chapter I believe was not used). So they have that chapter, the entire third volume and probably the fourth volume to use...come April I suppose. And if they follow their recent trend of saving one or two episodes for later OVA releases, they'll have time to us the entire fourth volume by the time it is completed.
Old 2010-01-31, 18:47   Link #96
Ryo K

Awsome. More Mio & Azu-nyan ftw! Perhaps one of the cutest anime. Definetly one of the top.
Ryo K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 17:34   Link #97
kitten320

I really would like to see more Azusa as well as her interection with Yui. And more cat parody
And more interection between Mio and Ritsu.

Mugi's yuri googles also will be cool

Other than that... some new songs?

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-02-04, 00:58   Link #98
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Wasn't that a recent chapter?
So, wouldn't the whole
Spoiler for :
happen at the end of the season?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 01:12   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't suppose you folks could title your spoilers with something useful like "later plot development" or "volume X spoiler"? Otherwise, its kind of pointless to cover it up at all.

Besides... by the definition of the thread title, one should assume that spoilers from the manga may be rampant. It may also be that the second season will be overflowing with anime-only material (though I find that unlikely).
Old 2010-02-05, 14:24   Link #100
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Besides... by the definition of the thread title, one should assume that spoilers from the manga may be rampant. It may also be that the second season will be overflowing with anime-only material (though I find that unlikely).
I am totally for less censorship and more Mugi-action.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen