AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 15 (TRUE ROUTE - END) Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 20.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 18.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 8.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-02, 00:15   Link #101
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, I agree with Gaurdian Enzo there.

The main problem isn't just what Kyousuke said (though I can certainly understand Kanon's reaction to it all the same), but rather the context behind it.

Kyousuke has all of the following going for him:

1. A very close, dependable, and usually available friend in Manami.

2. A girl who really likes him in Kuroneko. She's also usually not too busy for Kyousuke, and she spends a lot of time with him.

3. A good friend to talk with over the phone in Saori. She's also someone he can easily confide in, vent his personal issues to, and often get good advice from.

4. He seems to be on pretty good terms with Akagi due to their similar sibling issues.

5. That gaming club seems plenty welcoming of him.

6. Both parents at home. Granted that he's not terribly close to his parents, but at least they're there. He's not living all on his own.

Given all of the above, it's really hard to understand how Kyousuke could be insanely lonely. How many guys would be lonely in his shoes?
Old 2011-06-02, 01:13   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given all of the above, it's really hard to understand how Kyousuke could be insanely lonely. How many guys would be lonely in his shoes?
Well, when your sister -- who you were just starting to get closer to after a long time of being truly at odds -- disappears suddenly and doesn't say a word for months... maybe lonely isn't it, but I think it's fair to be worried for her. Even his relationships with most of the other girls in his life (Manami arguably excepted) are all connected to Kirino somehow. So I'm not sure that he was really overcome with loneliness (despite his overly-dramatic speech to her in America ), but more that lingering feeling that something was missing and he couldn't fill it with anything else. He had grown accustomed to her being there (despite all that entailed), and the way they parted didn't provide any sense of closure at all. So being reunited is sort of like "all is right in the world again", even if that makes his world more chaotic again.

Again, not saying that there aren't other possible ways of looking at it (and I'm deliberately not making a judgement call on whether it's right, wrong, good, or bad to feel that way), but I think this may be a bit closer to what Kyousuke's feelings are shown to be. I personally think this doesn't really preclude him from going down any other romantic path in the future, but this feeling of "something's missing" probably did. Kuroneko was certainly astute enough to pick up on that multiple times.
Old 2011-06-02, 01:39   Link #103
larethian

Quote:
Even though this 'lonely' word is being used in Japanese, but what it means is that he misses Kirino. It doesn't map to the word 'solitude' which you seem to be explaining here.
Old 2011-06-02, 02:17   Link #104
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Even though this 'lonely' word is being used in Japanese, but what it means is that he misses Kirino. It doesn't map to the word 'solitude' which you seem to be explaining here.
Yes. I think he said "I miss you Kirino", after all.

btw This is reasonable ending as this series. There is neither surprise nor disappointment.
Old 2011-06-02, 06:03   Link #105
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with Gaurdian Enzo there.

The main problem isn't just what Kyousuke said (though I can certainly understand Kanon's reaction to it all the same), but rather the context behind it.

Kyousuke has all of the following going for him:

1. A very close, dependable, and usually available friend in Manami.

2. A girl who really likes him in Kuroneko. She's also usually not too busy for Kyousuke, and she spends a lot of time with him.

3. A good friend to talk with over the phone in Saori. She's also someone he can easily confide in, vent his personal issues to, and often get good advice from.

4. He seems to be on pretty good terms with Akagi due to their similar sibling issues.

5. That gaming club seems plenty welcoming of him.

6. Both parents at home. Granted that he's not terribly close to his parents, but at least they're there. He's not living all on his own.

For me after seeing the end of the episode and the elation he feels with Kirino, would it be more apt to say that he places his sister on a pedestal so far higher than the rest of the people around him? Considering just how differently he seems to even see the people around him as opposed to his own sister, relentelessflame has a point: His feelings of abandonment and probable betrayal at Kirino's departure may as well be so big that NONE OF THE ABOVE are actually enough to compensate for it.

Quote:
Well, when your sister -- who you were just starting to get closer to after a long time of being truly at odds -- disappears suddenly and doesn't say a word for months... maybe lonely isn't it, but I think it's fair to be worried for her. Even his relationships with most of the other girls in his life (Manami arguably excepted) are all connected to Kirino somehow. So I'm not sure that he was really overcome with loneliness (despite his overly-dramatic speech to her in America ), but more that lingering feeling that something was missing and he couldn't fill it with anything else. He had grown accustomed to her being there (despite all that entailed), and the way they parted didn't provide any sense of closure at all. So being reunited is sort of like "all is right in the world again", even if that makes his world more chaotic again.

Again, not saying that there aren't other possible ways of looking at it (and I'm deliberately not making a judgement call on whether it's right, wrong, good, or bad to feel that way), but I think this may be a bit closer to what Kyousuke's feelings are shown to be. I personally think this doesn't really preclude him from going down any other romantic path in the future, but this feeling of "something's missing" probably did. Kuroneko was certainly astute enough to pick up on that multiple times.
And as a connection to my above statement, this begs the ultimate question: how MUCH does he feel for his sister that her very absence causes him such feelings of loneliness that the void can't be filled by a combination of everyone else?

That's a question I don't even want to ask because it's probably rhetorical at this point, or which ship you're sailing on.

But maybe I should. The way it almost feels like everything else is being brushed aside just for Kirino's return is proof enough for others, and one massively ambiguous suggestion for everyone else. So in the end it probably all depends on your view and interpretation of Kyousuke:

1. On one hand, you can say that his thoughts and intentions and focused and singular. Everyone else is a minor character, and there's only one person on his mind...

2. On the other, he's as dense and apathetic towards others as he usually is, and simply chooses to focus on his sister than anyone else...

At the end of the day, I neither hate it nor love it. Simply put given how the ending is intentionally unclear, I'll just call it Your Mileage May Vary.
Old 2011-06-02, 09:31   Link #106
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And as a connection to my above statement, this begs the ultimate question: how MUCH does he feel for his sister that her very absence causes him such feelings of loneliness that the void can't be filled by a combination of everyone else?
Well, it doesn't have to be all that much, honestly. It's not easy at all to just replace a loved one or any given member of your family, no matter how full your life is. In this case, because of the way she went about it, it could produce a feeling of abandonment in addition to loneliness. But again, it's not like it's "loneliness because no one's there for me", it's "even though I'm surrounded by people, part of me was still lonely because I missed you". This is what it means to love someone, and I don't even mean romantic love; that person has a worth that can't ultimately be substituted for anyone or anything else. Unless someone's really estranged from their own family, I imagine most of us feel the same way about our parents and siblings, and that doesn't mean we love them "in that way".

So I don't think either of the options you proposed is necessarily correct, and I think the whole shipping thing is way overblown. Kirino has a unique, irreplaceable value to him because she's his one and only precious sister. It may be more than that too, but I think we only really need to concede that much to explain as much as we've been shown so far.

(I think a lot of people are really asking "how can he love her that much even if she's done nothing to be so worthy of his love" (and other people are "more worthy"), but I don't think that's how love works, especially when family is involved. This idea that he should have just "gotten over" Kirino's departure and moved on in his life is ultimately minimizing/negating that Kyousuke should love her at all. Again "love" here not in the romantic sense, but as a strong, irreplaceable bond. And despite all the turmoil and craziness, they do share a bond. That's not so easy to break.)
Old 2011-06-02, 10:09   Link #107
klare

what an open ending... Kuroneko can be said already confessed...

a bit surprise Kyousuke said he was "lonely" and wanted Kirino to go back immediately

Quote:
the only explanation is all the rest of the people are not as important to him as his sis, cant blame others calling him siscon
Old 2011-06-02, 10:58   Link #108
User68604
Disabled By Request

zzzzz no wincest = this anime was a waste of the voice actor for Kyousuke's time.

jus sayin
Old 2011-06-02, 11:40   Link #109
dragon132004

Hi Guys...
Just wondering, you do know about the spin-off manga announcement,right? Of 「Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai」 by artist Ikeda Sakura are underway. It will be entitled, 「Ore no Kouhai ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai」, and will feature the character Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko) as the main heroine. It was announced at http://gs.dengeki.com/
Spoiler for Pictures:
Old 2011-06-02, 11:56   Link #110
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Yes, people are well aware of it. Or at least should, this was announced ages ago. But so what? It will take months if not years to gather enough material for anime and even then it's not set in stone we'd get an anime. I hope we do though, Kuroneko > Kirino always.
Old 2011-06-02, 13:16   Link #111
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yeah, discussions of the manga really don't have much bearing in this thread, so should probably instead be directed to the manga thread.
Old 2011-06-02, 16:50   Link #112
Solafighter
Hige

From the moment, Kyousuke recived the mail/sms from Kirino, i somewhat thought, it would end like that.

For some reason, it was realy good. Better, than i thought. Oreimo without Kirino is not Oreimo. I like Kuroneko but it is not her time, yet.
Old 2011-06-03, 01:03   Link #113
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
To defend Kyousuke a bit on the Kuroneko implied romantic confession:

1. Those were some awfully nasty insults she was throwing at him, guys. Are these really the sort of lines you want to say in the lead-up to an implied romantic confession? :

"You are really... the worst kind of pathetic senpai."

"A thickheaded, perverted, lazy idiot with terrible judgement."

Kyousuke has done absolutely nothing to deserve these sorts of harsh, over-the-top insults. He has consistently gone out of his way to help Kuroneko, and she decides to insult him like this?

2. Kuroneko made a huge deal over Kyousuke not acting more quickly in trying to help out Kirino. Kuroneko was basically saying that Kyousuke should have just stood her up in order to help out his sister. How exactly do you take that sort of comment from a girl that you're on friendly terms with, and who may or may not have romantic feelings for you?

Now, yes, this is Kuroneko being kuudere or tsundere towards Kyousuke. It's consistent with anime tropes.

However, if we're going to judge this scene through the prism of strict realism, those sorts of comments on Kuroneko's part would legitimately confuse, if not even piss off, the person on the receiving end of them. Kyousuke only seems particularly dense, imo, when you expect him to be genre savvy to the fictional world that he's in. But most people wouldn't pass off Kuroneko's comments as simply her being kuudere in real life, so I don't see why we should expect that of Kyousuke here.
to be honest, even if i do like ruri, i'd be pissed as hell after hearing that

anyway, about this anime:

THE BEST PART WAS THE OPENING DAMMIT

and:

THE WORST PART WAS THAT HORRIFYING JUMP
Old 2011-06-03, 01:06   Link #114
ZODDGUTS

The episode was alright. But man the drama felt really forced. Overall it was a decent end.
Old 2011-06-03, 01:20   Link #115
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Is it just me or was Ruri's insults to Kyousuke half of a confession?
Old 2011-06-03, 01:33   Link #116
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Is it just me or was Ruri's insults to Kyousuke half of a confession?
how so sir?

wait wait...oh god
Old 2011-06-03, 01:34   Link #117
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Really uneven episode and ending, but the whole series has been like that since after episode three. I did enjoy seeing Kirino again, her character is ridiculous as ever. The dad is too cute, ready to fly off to America to save Kirino. I'm surprised Ayase didn't kill herself after Kirino cut her off for six months.

Kirino's roommate in America is her age, right? I was a little confused by the dialogue as first and thought it oddly hilarious that Kirino would be proud of finally beating an elementary school kid.

The ending song was something else. Taketatsu really can't sing. And that jump at the end was just
Old 2011-06-03, 05:07   Link #118
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Really uneven episode and ending, but the whole series has been like that since after episode three. I did enjoy seeing Kirino again, her character is ridiculous as ever. The dad is too cute, ready to fly off to America to save Kirino. I'm surprised Ayase didn't kill herself after Kirino cut her off for six months.

Kirino's roommate in America is her age, right? I was a little confused by the dialogue as first and thought it oddly hilarious that Kirino would be proud of finally beating an elementary school kid.

The ending song was something else. Taketatsu really can't sing. And that jump at the end was just
if i recall correctly, her roommate is not her age, her roommate is in gradeschool and kirino is in middleschool
Old 2011-06-03, 05:54   Link #119
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
She's 10. That's all I'll say though before going too far into Vol. 6...

Quote:
1. Those were some awfully nasty insults she was throwing at him, guys. Are these really the sort of lines you want to say in the lead-up to an implied romantic confession? :

"You are really... the worst kind of pathetic senpai."

"A thickheaded, perverted, lazy idiot with terrible judgement."

Kyousuke has done absolutely nothing to deserve these sorts of harsh, over-the-top insults. He has consistently gone out of his way to help Kuroneko, and she decides to insult him like this?
Meh, Kyousuke is a M anyway, and I don't see how KN's insult are any worse than Kirino's anyway...

And Kuroneko is just speaking the truth anyway. We all know how thickheaded Kyousuke is when it comes to relationship. And of course, him being a pervert is nothing new (Just too many things I can quote XD)
Old 2011-06-03, 10:41   Link #120
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Pretty fast last episode specially the 2nd part & yeah the drama really felt forced which makes the episode pretty weak.
Closed Thread