AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-06-22, 15:28   Link #261
Araxiel

I've long been of the opinion that a freshly-animated version of the original series would be a good idea. It's genuinely good, but it does have the issue that the dated animation may put some people off.
Animating 'The Origin' will expose fresh new fans to the classic Gundam story, and hopefully be a treat to veterans who remember 0079 as well. I'm really excitied for this.
Old 2011-06-22, 17:33   Link #262
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
The manga has like 23 vol though, unless this gonna compressed like Unicorn again.
I don't' see them making a 50 ep TV series out of this, due to demographics. So yeah, probably compressed. And why make it a direct to video release when we all know it can succeed in theaters?

So yeah, a 3 or 4 part movie is likely IMO

EDIT - BTW I guess Okawara isn't senile after all.

Last edited by brightman; 2011-06-22 at 19:05.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 20:22   Link #263
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I heard they are going to change Amuro and Char's VA, is it true? I'm not sure I can adapt to that, though.
Old 2011-06-22, 20:28   Link #264
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I heard they are going to change Amuro and Char's VA, is it true? I'm not sure I can adapt to that, though.
Doesn't really bother me much. I mean I love the originals, but I'm sure there are good VAs out there that can carry the role.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 20:44   Link #265
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Doesn't really bother me much. I mean I love the originals, but I'm sure there are good VAs out there that can carry the role.
It actually doesn't matter if the ones who replace them is good or not, but more like "why would change them when the old one is still active?".

Beside, I've been keeping hearing Amuro's voice for more than 10 years from various place, of course it's hard to get his voice out of my head whenever I see Amuro.
Old 2011-06-22, 21:21   Link #266
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It actually doesn't matter if the ones who replace them is good or not, but more like "why would change them when the old one is still active?".

Beside, I've been keeping hearing Amuro's voice for more than 10 years from various place, of course it's hard to get his voice out of my head whenever I see Amuro.
Well, the thing is that their voices have changed a bit since the 70's... Back then they still sounded like young men, now they sound like old guys trying to talk young. I wouldn't mind seeing fresh blood, though it'll definitely be hard to get used to.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:14   Link #267
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well, the thing is that their voices have changed a bit since the 70's... Back then they still sounded like young men, now they sound like old guys trying to talk young. I wouldn't mind seeing fresh blood, though it'll definitely be hard to get used to.
Bingo.

I have no problems with casting new voice actors. I'm sure they'll attempt to cast two guys who have unique voices that can bring their own unique capabilities to both characters.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 01:28   Link #268
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I don't want to hear Uchiyama as Amuro though, finger crossed.
Old 2011-06-23, 06:30   Link #269
rakusukira

Quote:
I don't want to hear Uchiyama as Amuro though, finger crossed.
but Uchiyama is a very good VA.. well.. at least that's what I think..

and maybe his voice will fit the younger Amuro
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 08:33   Link #270
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I definitely don't want Amuro and Char's VA changed!
Old 2011-06-23, 09:05   Link #271
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Come to think of it what about Sayla VA?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 09:08   Link #272
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Unless you wanna hear Amuro sounds like Ribbons, I think they must re-casting.

@rakusukira
Well I'm just don't want to imagining Banagher in Amuro >_>
Old 2011-06-23, 09:55   Link #273
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Actually Tohru Furuya can still do a pretty good Amuro... Doesn't sound as natural as it used to though.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:16   Link #274
Bri

Quote:

@rakusukira
Well I'm just don't want to imagining Banagher in Amuro >_>

I very much doubt there will be a recast. Amuro and Char are such institutions, it would be like Darth Vader with a different voice. Besides Tohru Furuya can still do a young amuro quite well based on guest performances at cons.

Also there was some severe fan backlash in 2005 when Yukana Nogami replaced Saeko Shimazu as Four Murasame.

As for Sayla and Bright Noa, there might be new VAs for these characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used recordings instead. There are Hirotaka Suzuoki HD recordings still in use in SRW.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 10:36   Link #275
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Actually Tohru Furuya can still do a pretty good Amuro... Doesn't sound as natural as it used to though.
Sounds quite different to me >_> (Ribbon-esque)
And yeah I'm just rewatching the old serie, on ep 9 right now. Though its a lot better than what I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
As for Sayla and Bright Noa, there might be new VAs for these characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used recordings instead. There are Hirotaka Suzuoki HD recordings still in use in SRW.
There will be many new dialogue for this, so I doubting this option. Maybe we need to Bright makes appearance in Unicorn before speculating any further.
Old 2011-06-23, 11:20   Link #276
jonli
JONLIの憂'

He doesn't sound like Ribbonz when he does Amuro, he doens't have a problem at all with all the one year war games and stuff from all these years. He's had plenty of opportunity to play young Amuro throughout the years, he's not even rusty honestly.

However I actually feel like the voice of Amuro might need to change a little in Origins, since the story is a lot more serious and less campy, the growth and change of Amuro and the human drama behind his character is also much better illustrated so he might need to make a more cynical and deeper voice for Amuro or at least show the transformation.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 12:29   Link #277
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
No way... Origins focuses A LOT on Sayla and Char's relationship, so much that they are practically the main characters for much of the manga. So they definitely need to recast her for all the new dialogue.

The only reasons why they haven't replaced Suzuoki in SRW yet are that 1) they don't need to, each SRW game basically uses the same lines, and 2) they are waiting for Sunrise to make the change officially.
Old 2011-06-26, 12:54   Link #278
Tetra Vaal
Banned

So, Yasuhiko stated in the August issue of Gundam Ace that the anime adaption of 'Gundam: The Origin' will be "the new standard."

I'm starting to think it will be a film trilogy, but I'm just basing that off the comments he made. It sounds like they're really gonna go all out for this adaption, though.
Old 2011-06-26, 16:43   Link #279
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
So, Yasuhiko stated in the August issue of Gundam Ace that the anime adaption of 'Gundam: The Origin' will be "the new standard."

I'm starting to think it will be a film trilogy, but I'm just basing that off the comments he made. It sounds like they're really gonna go all out for this adaption, though.
Yeah, not often do they get the chance to remake one of the most influential shows in the history of anime... They better make that count.
Old 2011-06-26, 17:01   Link #280
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, not often do they get the chance to remake one of the most influential shows in the history of anime... They better make that count.
Let's hope so. From what I hear, Origin has no filler and an interesting back story to Char. I think with the modern production values, especially with Unicorn (and if Origin turns out to be a couple films, then you're looking at even MORE of a budget), this could turn out to be something really good. I just hope they keep the visceral action pace that another user mentioned on this board... even compared the presentation of it to Gantz. To get a modern re-imaging of one of the best mecha series, with a nice touch of gloss AND grit, that leaves me pretty optimistic.