AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-17, 03:21   Link #41
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Oh my. that was rather unexpected although i'm glad to hear this. XDD Hibiki finally!! XDDD

kyanto howaiito. XDDD
Old 2011-08-19, 05:56   Link #42
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cajK0u-egNM&

Season 2 Trailer
Old 2011-08-19, 06:07   Link #43
Gault
inc_mplete

Trailer shows the original 6, so im hoping for more after stories or parts the original 4 didn't focus on , Ayatsuji NOW!!!
Old 2011-08-19, 06:13   Link #44
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I kinda think it's fake cuz those are all scenes from season 1.
Old 2011-08-19, 07:23   Link #45
Gault
inc_mplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
that trailer is also on their site
Old 2011-08-19, 07:26   Link #46
Shadow5YA

The official trailer doesn't have to show footage from the new season. Black Rock Shooter is getting a TV season too, but the official trailer on the site is just recycled from the OVA. It's too early and more than likely there isn't any new animation to show at the moment anyway.
Old 2011-08-19, 13:54   Link #47
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
The important thing about the trailer is the message at the end.

From what I have seen in the trailer, they will probably use omnibus format again and begin with Haruka arc and end with Tsukasa arc again. Hopefully they will just continue where they have left off. Well in Haruka and Tsukasa's case, the story can start from the day after the confession. But these are just speculations.

I'll just pray that Enterbrain won't do a harem story(which is pretty outdated IMO) and just be contented with the fan-friendly omnibus format. Yeah I know the story usually sucks in this type of story-telling but at least we get our wishes fulfilled for our heroines.
Old 2011-08-19, 19:05   Link #48
Mazryonh

Mmm, it's good to hear Yuu Asakawa's character finally getting centre stage. So they'll stick to all-ages material? Nothing like Yosuga no Sora was, even though I hear scenes like that were implied in the game?

Still, Yuu Asakawa's work is always good. She, Rina Satou, and Shizuka Itou have all done work in eroge before, so they'd probably be first in line to be included if they come out with an 18+ version after the original all-ages version, like the best-selling To Heart 2 was.
Old 2011-08-19, 19:11   Link #49
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I was also surprised when I first heard this, but must admit to being curious as to what they are going to do with this and how well they will be able to pull it off. I enjoyed season 1 and also enjoyed the 4 eps per heroine approach. Interesting to see what it will be when it all works out in the wash and appears on the screen....
Old 2011-08-20, 00:07   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
So they'll stick to all-ages material? Nothing like Yosuga no Sora was, even though I hear scenes like that were implied in the game?

Still, Yuu Asakawa's work is always good. She, Rina Satou, and Shizuka Itou have all done work in eroge before, so they'd probably be first in line to be included if they come out with an 18+ version after the original all-ages version, like the best-selling To Heart 2 was.
The To Heart 2 situation is quite different, since that was produced by a company (Aquaplus/Leaf) that already made 18+ works and the former game in the franchise was 18+. A similar thing happened with Key and Little Busters (first released as PC all-ages, and later in an 18+ edition). But in this case, this publisher only does all-ages works and the franchise has its base in the console market (not PC), so making an adult-only PC game won't happen for this brand. If they want to do something in the adult-only market, they're more likely to do so with a new, future product. It's quite safe to say this franchise will remain all-ages indefinitely.
Old 2011-08-20, 01:30   Link #51
Sumeragi
Banned

Also, given the characteristics of the characters, I somewhat doubt that anyone would be willing to go that far (except Haruka and Risa).
Old 2011-08-23, 12:20   Link #52
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's quite safe to say this franchise will remain all-ages indefinitely.
I suppose that might depend on how things work out. There's been some chatter I've read from the blogosphere that galge/eroge companies are starting to get into financial trouble as a whole, both from the still-not-over Japanese recession and the already-staggering piracy rates for galge/eroge titles. I'm sure that an ero-omake featuring the Amagami characters whose seiyuu have done ero-work before would be a bestseller, like To Heart 2 XRATED was. Kaoru wasn't nicknamed "sexhair" for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Also, given the characteristics of the characters, I somewhat doubt that anyone would be willing to go that far (except Haruka and Risa).
Actually, I hear that the original game's best endings had implied sex scenes with many of the characters (Sae is also shown pregnant, rather than just Haruka, in her best ending). And then there's that "I'm not wearing anything under this towel" bit from Ai's ending in the anime . . .

I do hope that one scene that wasn't in the anime will be added to Hibiki's arc this time around, even though it was originally from Haruka's game arc. It was a strange scene involving Haruka and Hibiki where they pretend to be Junichi's younger sisters in order to freeload a special cafeteria dish from him. You can watch it here:

http://youtu.be/3YcDENnAFVw

Even though her arc is long over, I would like to hear more of Shizuka Itou's work as Haruka in this second season. Her voice and personality are such that most people would love to be around her.
Old 2011-10-01, 22:15   Link #53
U<3Anime
Boo!

Hope Rihoko doesn't get shafted this time.
Old 2011-10-11, 14:29   Link #54
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I was quite shocked when they announced a second season, I'm totally hyped for this. I hope this season will focus on an after story of the previous heroines, and maybe add in a new girl or two just to spice things up a bit.

I hope Rina Satou returns has Karou "biribiri ftw"
Old 2011-10-14, 08:55   Link #55
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, the news today is that Amagami SS+ will air in January 2012, and has a new director and story planner (though he actually wrote ten of the original series episodes, so not new to the franchise). The new director is Tomoki Kobayashi, who previously directed Utawarerumono, Tears to Tiara and Sola (and actually episode-directed two episodes of Amagami SS as well).

Also, of small interest, the official site has been updated, and the front page and the character page still emphasize the six main heroines. The front page shows them in their summer uniforms. So I'm thinking "after story"/"bonus scenarios"? I guess we'll see.
Old 2011-10-14, 10:24   Link #56
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

2nd Amagami SS Season Gets New Director, Head Writer
Quote:
In an interview on the official site, Kobayashi said that the new season will be similar to the first season; it will be an omnibus in which each heroine gets two episodes devoted to her. However, he added that the staff will include more original story elements set after the first Amagami SS season.
So yes, it's an after story.
Old 2011-10-14, 10:55   Link #57
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

So it's an after story? I'm hoping Tsukasa and Haruka will be included in this one.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:03   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Isn't each arc already have an epilogue? So, where's the after-story positioned? Before or after those epilogues?
Old 2011-10-14, 11:06   Link #59
Shadow5YA

That's lame. I was hoping for Hibiki and Maya routes.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:12   Link #60
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's lame. I was hoping for Hibiki and Maya routes.
It's not mutually exclusive, so I'd say it would still happen nonetheless.
Closed Thread