AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 05:18   Link #3061
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
She had no intention of having them breaking up. She was just upset at being stuck between 2 very cheesy and boring love-birds, so she decided to poke fun at them, thus making the borefest that is the MikonoxAmata relationship more bearable to watch for us.
You might want to rethink your statement and adjust it.

Essentially you're saying it's okay for Zessica to mess with people's relationship just for fun which doesn't exactly put her in a good light.

Quote:
And considering Amata is extremelly passive unless he feels some threat, him and Mikono wouldn't have had their little moment on the roof without Zessica's trolling triggering Mikono's jealousy and anger at Amata.
Nonsense, if that's the case we have Kagura for that, no need for Zessica to add fuel to the fire.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:48   Link #3062
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Essentially you're saying it's okay for Zessica to mess with people's relationship just for fun which doesn't exactly put her in a good light.

Nah. That makes her level-headed and fun enough to deal with an unpleasant situation,being forced to hold the candle for a boring and cheesy pair.
Quote:
Nonsense, if that's the case we have Kagura for that, no need for Zessica to add fuel to the fire.
If it were left fo Amata alone, with no Andy, no Kagura and no Zessica. It would still be Amata gazing longuingly at Mikono and spouting a corny line from time to time without doing shit.
Without Zessica, no rooftop scene. It's certainly not Kagura's doing. Kagura just ruined it.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:55   Link #3063
kuromitsu

Quote:
She had no intention of having them breaking up. She was just upset at being stuck between 2 very cheesy and boring love-birds, so she decided to poke fun at them,
Aham, and I'm sure you'd be understanding if someone did the same thing to you and your boyfriend/girlfriend... Let's face it it was a pretty dickish thing to do, especially since she was well aware of how upset it made both Amata and Mikono. Zessica is cute but she's no saint.

Quote:
thus making the borefest that is the MikonoxAmata relationship more bearable to watch for us.

Quote:
If it were left fo Amata alone, with no Andy, no Kagura and no Zessica. It would still be Amata gazing longuingly at Mikono and spouting a corny line from time to time without doing shit.
I love how you say this after ep 12 of all episodes... and frankly, if it was left to Amata alone with no Kagura and no Shushu and no Fudou they would be much more ahead than where they are now.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 06:02   Link #3064
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nah. That makes her level-headed and fun enough to deal with an unpleasant situation,being forced to hold the candle for a boring and cheesy pair.

But she's certainly not 'Level-headed' and 'fun' enough to deal with this new unpleasant situation huh... Not so fun now that she's on the receiving end.

So I guess... This is somewhat a divine retribution for all those 'fun' she had.

Quote:
Without Zessica, no rooftop scene. It's certainly not Kagura's doing. Kagura just ruined it.
Episode 9.

Amata didn't need external help there.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-21 at 06:25. Reason: Making it sound less aggressive...
Old 2012-03-21, 06:52   Link #3065
miketyson

Guys guys guys, maybe it was Zessica who pushed Mikono down the stairs a few episodes back? The same incident where Zen dug a hole for Amata to fall in, and we arguing about if it was just a sudden trip, Mikono being sneaky, Zen's shenanigans, or what?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 06:56   Link #3066
Zuul

Believe it or not. Zessica is not the psycho bitch you all want her to be.

Quote:
I love how you say this after ep 12 of all episodes... and frankly, if it was left to Amata alone with no Kagura and no Shushu and no Fudou they would be much more ahead than where they are now.

Sorry but I can't take the Shushu cockblock seriously. He's nothing but a marshmallow sized ugly rabbit thing after all.
I know that for you dudes, all was going according to the plan, but in canon, Amata needed Dr Love Andy to remind him that doing a move on Mikono was mandatory unless he wanted her to be taken by another dude.
Andy has certainly a very important role in the drastic improvement of Amata's ship.

To me it looked like Amata was hiding himself behind the school's rules to do nothing, until Andy shaked him off out of his passive behaviour.

Quote:
But she's certainly not 'Level-headed' and 'fun' enough to deal with this new unpleasant situation huh... Not so fun now that she's on the receiving end.

So I guess... This is somewhat a divine retribution for all those 'fun' she had.
No. It's just another character flaw. Bad taste in men.

Quote:
Episode 9.

Amata didn't need external help there.
Amata needed one of the most convenient and clichéd type of situation you usually find in those lame harem mangas
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 06:57   Link #3067
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Guys guys guys, maybe it was Zessica who pushed Mikono down the stairs a few episodes back? The same incident where Zen dug a hole for Amata to fall in, and we arguing about if it was just a sudden trip, Mikono being sneaky, Zen's shenanigans, or what?

Probably not. ^^;; If you look at the scene, Mikono apparently turned to go up the stairs when her foot slipped.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:02   Link #3068
miketyson

I actually went and watched it again. It's ambiguous, but it's constructed pretty similar to the pole-twisting scene, with Zessica up higher watching Amata and Mikono have their little moment. Mikono falls immediately after Zessica does her "humph" thing, turns around, and starts walking away....and positional continuity has been loose enough in this show I take no stance as to whether or not Mikono had started trying to walk.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:36   Link #3069
kuromitsu

>Zuul
See, to me it looks like you just hate both Amata and Mikono and AmataxMikono, because the pairings are not going the way you want them to. So you're increasingly bitter and twisting everything to show those two in a bad light. :P

(And why yes, I do think Zessica is a psycho bitch! totally! that's why I'm calling her cute, and classy for not ruining the movie night.)

>miketyson
If you look at the direction of her foot and then her body as she falls, she's not standing the way she did earlier, she was facing Amata.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:36   Link #3070
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Believe it or not. Zessica is not the psycho bitch you all want her to be.
...Really? Just because we point out she's not always a nice person suddenly we think is a 'psycho bitch' ?

Last I've checked, you're the one using that term.

Quote:
No. It's just another character flaw. Bad taste in men.
Yes, cause apparently she only likes guys that aren't interested in her (which incidentally would imply another set of negative attributes).

Regardless it doesn't change the fact that's she's suffering because of it, so it can be viewed as a form of appropriate retribution.

Quote:
Amata needed one of the most convenient and clichéd type of situation you usually find in those lame harem mangas
*clap clap*

Once again you successful forgotten all the things I've said about that episode. You know, the part about 'It's the little things that matters as much'?

Doesn't ring a bell? Hmm strange... We've only gone through it like...TWICE already.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:37   Link #3071
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:

Yes, since I can picture myself doing the same thing.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:40   Link #3072
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Yes, since I can picture myself doing the same thing.
Yeah I can picture myself dancing naked in the moonlight, doesn't mean it's right... >.>
Old 2012-03-21, 07:44   Link #3073
Ypocaramel

So Kagura goes through the portal, crashes the Mithra right in front of Amata and Mikono, and goes "my [woman], WHHHEERRREEEEEEEEEE??" If he can smell her after swimming up fron the Hong Kong harbor, no small feat given the pollution (at least 12,000 years ago), can't he smell her from ten meters away?

A cold going around Altair command that today giving Kagura a stuffy nose? Allergies to pollen in Mkyage's cage perhaps? Or maybe Kagura is allergic to dimensional travel? The portals are too smelly?

Maybe it is a cold. His scream sounded a little scratchy.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:50   Link #3074
mayumi

I guess it depends on which forum discussion board you are at. This place is largely vocal about zessica being a bitch. Even though she demonstrated none of the traits some people claim that she is.

Whatever mikono is already winning so what is the reason to feel like bashing zessica when she really has done nithing to warranty it? Shipping can really bring out the ugly in people.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:53   Link #3075
miketyson

kuromitsu: that's what my "positional continuity" line was addressing. On the one hand, perhaps it is as it appears, she turned to leave and just tripped (though why was she leaving?..they didn't seem done hanging out...). Or perhaps it's like with their position vis-a-vis that large tree in this week's episode, where some (insignificant) continuity got sacrificed for better storytelling. In any case, it's at best ambiguous, but it's another little lightbulb that went off, hence sharing the idea.

I don't really have it out for Zessica -- really -- but I find it interesting how different everyone's reads on her are vis-a-vis the other characters. For the others we all seem to have the same ideas about what kind of characters they are, we just disagree about how we feel about them; Zessica's still open-ended enough that there's still plenty of disagreement about why type of character she is.

And I agree it's interesting how much focus Yunoha and Jin are getting, but I'm just going to wait and see how things turn out rather than speculate about the future.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:00   Link #3076
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I guess it depends on which forum discussion board you are at. This place is largely vocal about zessica being a bitch. Even though she demonstrated none of the traits some people claim that she is.

Whatever mikono is already winning so what is the reason to feel like bashing zessica when she really has done nithing to warranty it? Shipping can really bring out the ugly in people.
I would advise you to go back to the previous page and read before you make any accusations cause last time I've check, the 'bashing' as you called it didn't start from this side of the shipping faction >.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-21 at 08:13.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:15   Link #3077
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Yeah I can picture myself dancing naked in the moonlight, doesn't mean it's right... >.>
It is if you're hot and female.

But seriously, right and wrong? Totally subjective with regards to small matters like these

Old 2012-03-21, 08:19   Link #3078
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
It is if you're hot and female.

But seriously, right and wrong? Totally subjective with regards to small matters like these
Mind elaborating? Under what circumstances is it right ?

*snap fingers*

Oh wait I got it! As long as you can picture yourself doing it right ?
Old 2012-03-21, 08:25   Link #3079
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

That's one way of defining it since most people aren't likely to ever admit that anything they do is wrong, so therefore anything they do must be 'right' somehow. Of course, a more mature person would just say 'wtf are my only choices right or wrong?'. Sure, if your morality scale only goes towards 'right' 'wrong' or 'good' 'evil' then feel free to knock yourself out on say on being very positive about things being right or wrong. Mine's a bit more grey and except for great extremes such as murdering someone for fun/rape/callingdownalienstosmitefrontiercauseyouhaveabroke nheart etc, I'm less likely to pass what is most likely arbitrary judgment and say something is 'wrong'.

Old 2012-03-21, 08:30   Link #3080
kuromitsu

Because god forbid that a person be generally nice and yet do not-very-nice things every now and then...

Tags
comedy, science fiction