AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 18:07   Link #1261
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Inuchiyo's line during the 7:28 mark was really funny to me. "Are you getting turned on? with a teasing voice.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:29   Link #1262
Akarin

Best episode so far, I think this series is the most interesting Oda Nobunaga anime adaptation with unpredictable stories and great war tactics. It's been a long time since I saw trap x reverse trap pairing. Nobusumi was so smooth. Can't wait to see Saru kissing Nobuna.

Interesting fact:
Nobunaga divided the infantry of his army into three units by weapons: gunners, bowmen, and spear men. The major problem with the guns of that day, apart from their inaccuracy, was the time required to reload them. During the minutes when the gunners were reloading, the bowmen and spear men had to take up the slack by maintaining the attack against the enemy. The reloading problem could also be dealt with by dividing the gunners into groups and having them fire in relay or volleys. It appears, in fact, that Nobunaga was the first commander in the world to develop such volley fire. GeoEey Parker, describing the Battle of Nagashino in 1575, in which Nobunaga’s guns defeated the finest cavalry in the land (the cavalry of the Takeda family), writes: “The warlord Nobunaga deployed 3,000 musketeers in ranks in this action, having trained them to fire in volleys so as to maintain a constant barrage. The opposing cavalry-ironically of the same Takeda clan which had pioneered the use of the gun-was annihilated. The battle-scene in Kurosawa’s film Kagemusha (The Shadow Warrior) offers a credible reconstruction, for the action is intended to represent Nagashino.” According to Parker, Europeans did not develop the technique of volley fire until the 1590s, some two decades after the Japanese.
Varley, Paul (2000). Japanese Culture, p. 160.

It was all Saru's doing.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:32   Link #1263
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Also loved that "Watch...aga-...again...I'm Nene!" at the end. xD
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:51   Link #1264
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Best episode so far, I think this series is the most interesting Oda Nobunaga anime adaptation with unpredictable stories and great war tactics. It's been a long time since I saw trap x reverse trap pairing. Nobusumi was so smooth. Can't wait to see Saru kissing Nobuna.

Interesting fact:
Nobunaga divided the infantry of his army into three units by weapons: gunners, bowmen, and spear men. The major problem with the guns of that day, apart from their inaccuracy, was the time required to reload them. During the minutes when the gunners were reloading, the bowmen and spear men had to take up the slack by maintaining the attack against the enemy. The reloading problem could also be dealt with by dividing the gunners into groups and having them fire in relay or volleys. It appears, in fact, that Nobunaga was the first commander in the world to develop such volley fire. GeoEey Parker, describing the Battle of Nagashino in 1575, in which Nobunaga’s guns defeated the finest cavalry in the land (the cavalry of the Takeda family), writes: “The warlord Nobunaga deployed 3,000 musketeers in ranks in this action, having trained them to fire in volleys so as to maintain a constant barrage. The opposing cavalry-ironically of the same Takeda clan which had pioneered the use of the gun-was annihilated. The battle-scene in Kurosawa’s film Kagemusha (The Shadow Warrior) offers a credible reconstruction, for the action is intended to represent Nagashino.” According to Parker, Europeans did not develop the technique of volley fire until the 1590s, some two decades after the Japanese.

It was all Saru's doing.
Actually, Firearm volley fire appear earlier than Oda Nobunaga. "Vietnam Borderless Histories" and "Đại Việt Sử Kư Toàn Thư", In 1390, the Champa King, Chế Bồng Nga, was killed by a volley fire of Huochong (Hoả Đồng in Vietnamese) from Dai-Vietian gunners.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:22   Link #1265
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

One of the things that made this episode so good was the suspense, the suspense music mid way and almost at the end of the episode made it so good. Especially the part where the music was playing when Danjo turned into many gold butterfly.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:10   Link #1266
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Have to love Yoshiharu's men "If you're going down, we'll go down with you too bro" moments.

It's hard to see such things nowadays... or is it?

EDIT: As I recalled... last week's Hyouka episode more or less spoiled what was going to happen in this week's Nobuna if any of you here were watching that other show. Yeah, the "tied between two ends" event as per Oreki's description.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:22   Link #1267
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Actually, Firearm volley fire appear earlier than Oda Nobunaga. "Vietnam Borderless Histories" and "Đại Việt Sử Kư Toàn Thư", In 1390, the Champa King, Chế Bồng Nga, was killed by a volley fire of Huochong (Hoả Đồng in Vietnamese) from Dai-Vietian gunners.
The innovation here isn't firing in volley, it's something that's done even by archers without firearms--it's the rotation of fire in ranks in such a way that continuous fire would be provided that's novel.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:33   Link #1268
justpassingby

Mikako-shi voices Naotaka (one of the Asakura general)
Old 2012-09-09, 20:37   Link #1269
jzmagic
flargansbog

So only 2 episodes left? I hope there's a second season
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:38   Link #1270
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
So only 2 episodes left? I hope there's a second season
The anime is done very well, I will be surprise if there wasn't.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:46   Link #1271
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post

Interesting fact:

It was all Saru's doing.
In the movie.. Takeda rushed his cavalry, towards the musketeer who are protected by palisades... with gaps big enough to shoot through.. I think its a awful mistake for Takeda....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:54   Link #1272
Sakanaka Shouko

Someone who know Japanese could translate these girls names. They're always appearing and we still have not heard their names...

Spoiler for two girls:
Old 2012-09-09, 21:41   Link #1273
Sumeragi
Banned

Both of them are anime original characters who happen to be Nobuna's messengers.

池田恒興(Ikeda Tsuneoki)
佐々成政(Sassa Narimasa)
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:08   Link #1274
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The innovation here isn't firing in volley, it's something that's done even by archers without firearms--it's the rotation of fire in ranks in such a way that continuous fire would be provided that's novel.
I mean rotation volley is used in Viet long time ago, late 14th century and mid 15th century to against Champa. In 16th century, Vietian even developed rotation volley fire for navy - first rank of ships will fire cannons and fall back, the second rank of ships will advance and fire, then fall back for next rank of ships it will create barrage of cannon balls during naval battle, (usually 10 ranks of ships enought to provide countinous cannon firing).

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-09-09 at 23:24.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:13   Link #1275
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Both of them are anime original characters who happen to be Nobuna's messengers.

池田恒興(Ikeda Tsuneoki)
佐々成政(Sassa Narimasa)
Thank you for translating it.
No wonder everyone calls you onee-sama.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:14   Link #1276
Sumeragi
Banned

A huochong is not really the same thing as an arquebus. Furthermore, the record was A volley, not SERIES of volleys.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:49   Link #1277
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
God, just seen Episode 10 and my comment...

"Why is her voice is still masculine... the two hugging together in the onsen is creepying me out!!!!!" She's a woman! She's a woman!!! I can't put it inside my head!!!!"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:52   Link #1278
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A huochong is not really the same thing as an arquebus. Furthermore, the record was A volley, not SERIES of volleys.
That because Champa king was killed in first volley, and the Vietian group who killed Champa king is just a comando group with some hundred of gunners, after killed the Champa king, they withdraw, don't need more volley fire to the rest of Champa army. And rotation volley fire was used even when they used huochong and still keep that tactics until arquebus and musket. During the DaiViet - Champa war in 15th century, Vietian arquebusers rotate 20 volleys and then launch attack with heavy infantries at mid under cannon support and cavalries at flank and naval infantries from rear while Champa army of 100.000 men streight in disorder. Result, 30.000 Champa soldiers were captured, the rest were killed in battle or fleed.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-09-10 at 00:02.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:54   Link #1279
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Katsuie solution to problems: Kill them all!

Biggest shock this episode was Asai being a girl. Was there any hints on that? Cause I missed them all.

Last half of the episode was pretty intense.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon

Last edited by Kaihan; 2012-09-10 at 00:06.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:57   Link #1280
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Katsuie solution to problems: Kill them all!

Biggest shock this episode was Asai being a girl. Was there any hints on that? Cause I missed them all.

Last half of the episode was pretty intense.
There were hints in the ep 5.

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen