Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 10:27   Link #481
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
The feeling I got with this show is that they all pretty much live in a bubble of innocence, in a way. Because as shown from last season, messing around outside of the protective barrier can lead to some pretty gruesome stuff.
I don't know. While the battles are friendly and treated much like entertainment, they also made a point last season that the war games are also used to prepare the populace for the event that actual battles need to be fought, like in the case of demon invasions. It is mostly fun and games, but with a practical bent.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 10:33   Link #482
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I doubt it has any relation to the safety confines of the show. It was most likely just made to mess with our heads, which succeeded rather spectacularely.
Well I meant that directed towards the viewer, not directly relating to the show's.
I mean if they're willing to push it somewhat to the point of that transformation scene, which was kinda out there, they might be willing to do that to other aspects of the show.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:34   Link #483
EroKing

Episode 2 goodies~
Free avatars.

Free sig.

Free waifu
Old 2012-07-15, 11:36   Link #484
Manic
real men love pink

I really enjoyed season 1 and so far season 2 is a big disappointment. The new characters are really ruining the show, and that transformation scene was totally ridiculous.

There's also been some really bad writing going on. Sink took a whole season to learn magic and enhance his fighting style, but it only take nanami few hrs to accomplish this..... Theres been alot of face palming so far. I hope it gets better soon.
Old 2012-07-15, 11:39   Link #485
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You complain about Nanami being able to use magic? Just wait until you see Rebecca in action since she is a spellcaster.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:41   Link #486
tsunade666

Rebecca being like Hayate. Spamming area of effect spells in the field.
Old 2012-07-15, 11:44   Link #487
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

oh.......I'm in the right thread, right? Because I seriously wasn't sure if I even watched the right ep

and seeing as how Becky's transformation took up the last few pages, how come there's no pic of Yukikaze without her armor? Do you know what kind of event this is? This is a rare ocassion! My Our big eared goddess, whom we've only seen like this in fanart, has had her armor destroyed! Do you know what this means??

She has no bra! *runs*

Ahem, back to it, my opinion of Becky's transformation is half and half . Shocked because "was this a hacked up episode like those fake uploads that used to plague Winny?" or am I seeing the right show? "and those wires, what are you doing, no, don't... aah, it went up her skirt" And the other half was because it's... 3dCG, like the horrific kind I can't believe they even did that, it looked so off, as if they didn't have enough time to render it, like they ended up rendering it on Low and let the preview stream with the broadcast.

I tell you I don't like bad 3D CG, back when Bakuretsu Tenshi aired, I was one of the most outspoken critics of the mixed scenic views, and as for Becky.... well, I'm somewhat hoping she'll be fixed up in the Blu-Rays, like hand drawn and minus the tentacles, I no like those invasive worms, I didn't even get to pet her yet

But you folks think that was the most eye-opening part of the ep? The best part is obviously... Nanami and her it's-not-a-pantsu pantsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
What. The. F#ck.

Literally.
What. The. F#ck.
Calm down, pal. Here, have some Becky without the transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
The squirrel princess is now my favorite princess, she so cute and adorable with that big fluffy tail.
Hey, get in line, that Sgirl is mine, I loved her first in fact, there is no line, shoo shoo

I LOVE THAT SGIRL

I love that heart behind her head, I love her tail, and... those cute socks, and her voice, ah, she sounds so happy

And I gotta mention, that I was looking forward to how the Sgirl can convince Becky to join her side, and I was very satisfied with what I saw. That was a compelling reason Sgirl gave to Becky, and it all started with the Sgirl watching TV, to think it was that moment that she was able to completely read Becky with one look, I say well done Sgirl, I'm really glad Becky's your hero.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 11:58   Link #488
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Sink took a whole season to learn magic and enhance his fighting style, but it only take nanami few hrs to accomplish this.....
I think it's kinda implied in S1 that Seal Magic is easy to learn. Sink was able to fire Seal Cannons within his first battle (which couldn't have taken a couple of hours from when he was summoned), and materializing Palladion as a staff was the first thing he did once he got dressed. Manifesting Tornader is the only thing he thought up himself, and he thought the simple secret on how to do so Nanami.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:15   Link #489
Zeross

Quote:
I really enjoyed season 1 and so far season 2 is a big disappointment. The new characters are really ruining the show, and that transformation scene was totally ridiculous.

There's also been some really bad writing going on. Sink took a whole season to learn magic and enhance his fighting style, but it only take nanami few hrs to accomplish this..... Theres been alot of face palming so far. I hope it gets better soon.
Cinque in s1 was always doing awesome things and the commentator/spectator was always going "ehhhhhhhh?????".
Cinque never needed to learn anything, he just was a lvl 90 hero figthing lvl 1 mobs.
Old 2012-07-15, 12:21   Link #490
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... so been receiving word from the grapevine that the Becky transformation sequence was done by none other than Kou Yoshinari.... and that supposedly, all of that wasn't CGI

And then I remember that he's credited with key animation for Dog Days ep 1, and the first Nanoha series (he did that ultra-smooth Nanoha running scene in episode 1). So this one's actually a plausible rumor. I wonder if we can get any confirmation for his presence in this ep?

Old 2012-07-15, 12:46   Link #491
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... so been receiving word from the grapevine that the Becky transformation sequence was done by none other than Kou Yoshinari.... and that supposedly, all of that wasn't CGI

And then I remember that he's credited with key animation for Dog Days ep 1, and the first Nanoha series (he did that ultra-smooth Nanoha running scene in episode 1). So this one's actually a plausible rumor. I wonder if we can get any confirmation for his presence in this ep?
Check at the credits, Kou Yoshinari (吉成鋼) is credited for transformation sequence animation along with Hironori Yamamoto.
Spoiler for credits:
Old 2012-07-15, 13:05   Link #492
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hardly. Cinque was outperforming people who trained for years mere minutes after her had been summoned, and pulled stuff that had other people gape in the same day. Heck, half of the things he pulled off were after watching someone else do something similar just once.

You remember that hoverboard of his? The one that had everyone going "Wow!" when he summoned it? He summoned that during Milhi's rescue, right? Well, that rescue takes places the very evening after his first fight. That's only eight hours after he was summoned tops, with no time to actually train specifically for that in-between, nor any indication he even did so.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-07-15 at 13:45.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:45   Link #493
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Cinque was always a fast learner, but unless I got my facts wrong, wasn't Nanami the only one who beat him in that game show he once partook in? if so, it would make sense for her to be an even faster learner. Plus, it seemed to me like she had the upper hand before Rico interrupted, implying that she could have overpowered him otherwise.

And this is the first time I ever questioned the need of a Stripperific transformation scene in an anime. Not that I disliked it, but I do think it was a bit too over the top. Then again, given the nature of this show, and who worked on it, I shouldn't be surprised. I'll probably get used to it eventually. Besides, maybe it's Pastillage's way of compensating for the lack of athletic warriors?
Old 2012-07-15, 14:04   Link #494
Seiryuu

Quote:

Actually, he took one ep to learn to power up and fire his seal cannon, figured out how to perform advanced manipulations after just a few blows with Gaul, and then used those little tidbits to devise high-speed runners and a surf board from hell all on his own. He paid the price for it, since he was basically tapping directly into his energies on a level he wasn't used to and tapped it until he couldn't even stand, but he was still a very fast learner, and would've learned even faster if he'd had Gaul demonstrate the finer points sooner.
It certainly looks like the mechanics at least are very easy to master, with just one or two demonstrations, so long as you have the power. Cinque was kind enough to demonstrate what he'd learned to Nanami, so it's not surprising to me that she was able to handle it in seconds.
Still, I hope that they at least show Nanami burning herself out like Cinque did, and that next time Becky gives us a panchira, it's an innocent, properly-drawn one. Preferably white instead of hot pink, and NO TENTACLES.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:23   Link #495
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Still, I hope that they at least show Nanami burning herself out like Cinque did,
The only reason Cinque burned himself out was because not only had he been fighting the previous hours, but also used his magic to boost Tornader's speed from the fort to the concert to get them there as fast as possible - basically the equivalent to trying to run a marathon while maintaining top speed. Nanami has had yet to exert herself to the level Cinque did within the first five episodes (aka the first 24 hours) of the first season so far.

Old 2012-07-15, 14:28   Link #496
justsomeguy

Thank you Seven Arcs, for the creepiest transformation I've ever seen.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:51   Link #497
Justin_Brett

Am I really looking at people seriously applying power levels to Dog Days?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:22   Link #498
-khriz-

Season 2 has been awful, only reason why I keep watching this show is because I already finish watching season 1.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:28   Link #499
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I actually liked the transformation scene.

Am I the only one who thinks so?
Hahaha! A lot of people are just kind of freaked out about the henshin scene and you of all people actually liked it!

I'm not completely freaked out about it either but I that scene kind of... ruins the warm "innocent" atmosphere this show had. It was just... odd.

Other than that, I think season 2 so far is awesome! I still feel hyped up through out the first and second episode!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 19:17   Link #500
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
Season 2 has been awful, only reason why I keep watching this show is because I already finish watching season 1.
How is S2 so different from S1
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, sports