AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-11, 17:26   Link #101
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Did Junichi and Nemu have a son as well? I'm assuming they must have had a boy too, for Otome and Yume to still have the Asakura family name...unless there was a situation like Sailor Enlil described below.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 17:36   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Did Junichi and Nemu have a son as well? I'm assuming they must have had a boy too, for Otome and Yume to still have the Asakura family name...unless there was a situation like Sailor Enlil described below.
As far as I can remember, they never talk about Otome and Yume's father. They only mention their mother, Yuki, and I'm pretty sure they establish that she's Junichi's daughter, and not daughter-in-law. They never talk about Junichi and Nemu having a son, IIRC. I'll have to listen for that again when I work on Otome's plot summary. All in all, though, just as with the original D.C., parents matter a lot less than grandparents.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 22:26   Link #103
KBTKaiser

And now, the new generation

Sakurai Yoshiyuki: The dear protagonist of Da Capo 2, taken into the Asakura household when he was young and raised alongside Otome and Yume. Moves into the Yoshino household after finishing middle school. Supposedly holds the same powers as Asakura Junichi, that of Dreamwatching and Candymaking.

Asakura Otome: The older sister of the two granddaughters of Asakura Junichi and Asakura Nemu. Takes after her grandmother in that she's part of the Student Council. Normally serious about things, but has a very soft side for Yoshiyuki and often spoils her "otouto-kun". However, this does not exempt Yoshiyuki from Otome's burning crusade against the profane.

Asakura Yume: The younger sister of the two granddaughters of Asakura Junichi and Asakura Nemu. Sadly takes after her grandmother in terms of cooking in addition to taking after her grandfather's personality in some ways. (Katarui~) Her relationship with Yoshiyuki is often that of a of a lazy brother, strict sister situation in some cases.

Tsukishima Koko: The childhood friend of Yoshiyuki and part of the Setsugekka(Snow, Moon, Flower) lady trio as the moon one. Often shy and dislikes flights. Trivia: Apparently sports one of the top 3 bust sizes for the DC2 girls.

Shirakawa Nanaka: School Idol of Kazami Gakuen and best friend of Tsukishima Koko. Has a mean streak of being mischievous. Last seen on the run from her unofficial fan club.

Yukimura Anzu: Another member of the Setsugekka lady trio(Snow). Is known for her rather razor-sharp tongue and incredible memorization skills. Is often seen butting heads with authority figures, especially the class rep Maya.

Amakase Minatsu: A recent transfer to Kazami Gakuen, being the same grade as Yume. Who is she and why does she hate bananas, despite it being an absolute necessity for her?

Coming next post: the Support cast...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 12:16   Link #104
KBTKaiser

Here we go, the support cast.

Suginami: The ever illusive planner is back once more...but who is he really? One of Yoshiyuki's closest friends and leader of the Student Council's eternal enemy, the unofficial news/intelligence club. Though... sadly, records show that his skills do not match his predecessor 2 generations ago...

Itabashi Wataru: Another close friend of Yoshiyuki. Together with Suginami, they are the San-baka(three idiots). If Suginami's the devious one, then Wataru's the plain ecchi idiot while Yoshiyuki plays the voice of reason. Good Friends with Yoshiyuki, Koko, and Nanaka, which form a band quartet.

Hanasaki Akane: The last member of the Setsugekka trio(Flower), Akane is the voice that reasons sometimes(to koko's relief), but also pushes Anzu's ideas forward(to koko's grief). She, along with Suginami, often see the things that Yoshiyuki misses in relationships and emotions. Sidenote: Akane sports the biggest bust in all of DC2.

Sawai Maya: The class rep of Yoshiyuki's class. Considers the San-baka an utter curse on top of having to deal with Anzu's button pushing. For some reason, she hates robots?

Kohinata Shin and Kohinata Yuzu: This father daughter duo is close friends of Nanaka after Nanaka met Yuzu in the hospital. Yuzu is ill with a very terminal disease that could kill her if she doesn't take an operation.

Kousaka Mayuki: Otome's classmate and right-hand member in student council. She views Suginami as a true rival of wits in the struggle between Student Council and the Unofficial news/intelligence club.

...aaaaand that completes the basic layout so far...I think?
Old 2007-08-17, 17:26   Link #105
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, I think that's pretty much everyone KBTKaiser -- good work on the summaries!. The only two minor characters I can think to add would be...

μ (Myu): A brand/line of customizable maid robots. Model number HM-A08.

Harimao: Sakura's dog (though a very odd-looking one ), and the title's resident mascot character.

And incidentally, about the earlier question re: whether Junichi had a son, and whether Yuki is their daughter, the Japanese Wikipedia article suggests that Yuki isn't blood-related and that it'd be Junichi & Nemu's son that's Otome and Yume's father. But the father works overseas, so that's why he never shows up. All in all, there are still a lot of unanswered questions about that "in-between" generation.
Old 2007-08-17, 19:48   Link #106
KBTKaiser

Especially considering this...

Spoiler for Regarding Yuki:
Old 2007-08-17, 20:33   Link #107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Especially considering this...

Spoiler for Regarding Yuki:
Yup, exactly.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-22, 23:51   Link #108
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, a few more pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together... from Moonphase:

Director: Tomoki Kobayashi (sola, Utawarerumono)
Series Composition: Masaharu Amiya (Ai Yori Aoshi, Sister Princess RePure, also helped on Inukami, original D.C. anime)
Character Design: Noriko Shimazawa (Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Final Approach)

Not much to go on, but seems like a pretty decent team to me.
Old 2007-08-23, 01:55   Link #109
DanielSong39

Will Nanase Hikaru reprise her role as composer?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 00:25   Link #110
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Will Nanase Hikaru reprise her role as composer?
I can't imagine why she wouldn't, but it's among the many things to have not yet been announced.
Old 2007-08-26, 00:08   Link #111
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I'm not sure if this update was made on the basis of something on Moon Phase or somewhere else, but now D.C. II is listed as 13 episodes, starting on 10/17:
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202007

I hope the part about 13 eps isn't true though, this seems like the kind of story that could really benefit from a full two cours run like the original Da Capo had.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 11:28   Link #112
DanielSong39

13 episodes? Hopefully this means there won't be any girl-of-the-week episodes, and the main plot will emerge very quickly...

This probably also means that the Nanaka/Koko subplot will be squeezed - unless it makes up the lion's share of the first half.

The jury is still out, but unless the writers are at feel are willing to cut out large portions of the game, the show will undoubtedly suffer.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:14   Link #113
KBTKaiser

Honestly, DC II's too packed to be done well in 13 eps, IMO. You've got like, 4 endgame scenarios on top of the final scenario. >>;
Old 2007-08-26, 14:51   Link #114
rg4619

The producers don't have to try and cover an entire series within those 13 episodes (if they feel like bet-hedging. After all, Circus mentioned that they wanted the adaptation to run as long as possible, so they could just cover a small amount of material in the hope that the show will become popular enough for continuation). Da Capo is a very popular franchise, so the chances of a second D.C. II season might be pretty good.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 23:16   Link #115
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Director:
Character Design: Noriko Shimazawa (Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Final Approach)
That character design is good enough for me ^_^. Both of those two are super cute anyway

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 09:20   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

About the 13-episode thing, I guess we'll see. It was posted in an update on Moon Phase, which is where the other Wiki got it from. I consider it a bit suspect, since the PS2 port is still scheduled for early 2008, and they usually try to time these things so that the game releases while the anime is still airing. I also agree with all the other comments here -- the franchise is very popular, so it's not like it won't sell; there was that interview with tororo where he said he hoped for a long run; the story has more than enough material to fill 13 episodes, etc. etc. To only get green-lit for 13-episodes after two successful 26-episode runs in the franchise is really unusual. But then again, they have been keeping everything shrouded in mystery, so maybe there's a logic to it after all.

What would be interesting (but won't happen), would be for them to have a few different seasons focused on the main story arcs in the game, and each season to be a quasi-reset. For example, the first season could focus on the sakura tree story (Otome/Yume), the second on the band story (Nanaka/Koko), etc. It won't happen because you'd generally want continuity in anime (so that people know what to expect going into the subsequent seasons), but it would be interesting and more like the game. It would also open things up for additional seasons as they add characters to the P.S./P.C. games, and so on.

Anyway, as usual, time will tell.
Old 2007-08-27, 13:59   Link #117
DanielSong39

My guess is that the show will get 26 episodes, and a few side-story OVA's to address the new characters. I hope the rumors of a 13-episode series are false, as full run is needed in my opinion to cover the two major arcs (band story and the sakura tree story).

As for the reset idea... I think you might see it in School Days/Summer Days, if the latter show gets the green light. Not quite as likely in the D.C. franchise.
Old 2007-08-27, 16:28   Link #118
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I hope the rumors of a 13-episode series are false, as full run is needed in my opinion to cover the two major arcs (band story and the sakura tree story).
Well, to be more clear...
Spoiler for game structure:
Old 2007-08-27, 17:32   Link #119
DanielSong39

Spoiler for band arc:
Old 2007-08-27, 18:56   Link #120
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote: