AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 11:21   Link #4321
krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuFreak88 View Post
Ok, I've never known about this 1 until now, actually I'm pretty shocked...Dunno if anyone already mentioned about this, but I'll say it here:

Spoiler for SPOILER:
i think i now know that is gona happen to him in the next vollume
krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 14:11   Link #4322
SeaDam

Urz needs a chastity belt!
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 14:21   Link #4323
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krab View Post
i think i now know that is gona happen to him in the next vollume
I would lol if Elen suddenly turn into a Yandere

However , considering how deep her devotion to Tigre right now , there is a chance for Yandere route .

Yandere 4 life .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 15:35   Link #4324
Awrya
U mad?

Just a thought, what if the demon Elizavetta met was not outside her palace, but inside?
We know she made a contract with Jaeger, but to make such a contract they must have some familiarity with each other in the first place. Given the somewhat distant relationship between her and her civil officers, I don't see her sneaking out of the palace like Ellen does, so meeting the demon repeatedly outside until the contract is made is unlikely. Since she made the contract sometime before the start of the story, I think it's possible that the demon was employed during either the previous Vanadis' rule or Elizavetta's rule and kept his identity hidden. Sometime before the story, after her fight against Ellen the demon approached her with the contract for some unknown reason.

Among her servants and subordinates in the palace, only Naum, her aide, and Mark, a stable boy, are named. Since demons can change into human forms and given her attitude towards Naum, I doubt it was him in human form. On the other hand we have a minor character that is named, but has done little so far. Was there really a need to name him if that small scene was all he was going to do? Thus I think it's very likely Mark is actually Jaeger in disguise and they could easily meet up and hold conversations with some excuse like taking a break or running an errand.
Old 2014-04-21, 18:47   Link #4325
Direwolf18

Jaeger is German for hunter FYI.

Its also a drink I happen to enjoy.

But yea Awrya that is entirely probable... I really don't like the people Elizavetta is surrounded with, they are really a bunch of jerks and are not to be trusted.

I didn't realize this story had historical significance, and I know put the likelyhood of Sasha not being dead for good into the high category. A lot of those blurbs clearly relate to the story.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 20:11   Link #4326
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

What did I just read. I dunno if its really a good thing or not. But as long as its a harem, its a good thing.
Old 2014-04-22, 04:42   Link #4327
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix37 View Post
What did I just read. I dunno if its really a good thing or not. But as long as its a harem, its a good thing.
Adding some yandere elements.......

But i'm pretty sure the author will follow the good end route , the king spent his time happily with 7 wives .

Until the Heir 's issue arise......
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 07:14   Link #4328
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

IMO the author probably shifted some of Sasha's attributes into Valentina, which would explain why Valentina is acting like Sasha..BUT! I expect a great comeback from Sasha, anyway.

OtakuFreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 08:17   Link #4329
trojan13ic

Quote:
IMO the author probably shifted some of Sasha's attributes into Valentina, which would explain why Valentina is acting like Sasha..BUT! I expect a great comeback from Sasha, anyway.

and with flirtatious elements to her

oh man, I wanna see her flirting with Tigre
trojan13ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 12:04   Link #4330
Kazandu
Striker

Quote:
for god's sake let the dead rest in peace, i will repeat once again, SASHA WILL NOT COME BACK, let's see some famous revival deux machina of all times:

1- Mwu la Flaga (gundam seed): everyone believes that he was dead untill the second season, well they never find the body in previous season so it's acceptable.

2- dragon ball characters, well they have the dragon balls so no problem to revieve someone.

but in madan ou to vanadis there aren't such things, it's not like sasha went M.I.A, she died in bed, and one month has pass, the poor girl now is worms food.
so... if you're expecting some thriller i'm sorry to dissapoint you
Old 2014-04-22, 12:23   Link #4331
biloon

The question remains... Who is the next vanadis after Sasha? The author gets all 7 vanadis names from the original story. So, if you remove Sasha (or Alexandra) out of the equation, would that mean the author has to put another person with the name Alexandra as her successor? This is to be consistent with the original story though. The author may choose to divert and add his own character name. However, the other 6 already carry the name of the original story, so changing one seems a bit awkward to me though..

I have thought up of some possibilities:

1) As of the information given from google translate, it said that Ellen is the one who live and die with the King. If that's so, this means that not all Vanadis die at the same time. Probably, Sasha would be the first casualties? But in Madan, this happens even before Tigre becomes King, so I don't know about this.

2) Probably, Tigre's story does not mainly follow after original story. As described in Zched Legends, Zched was founded by a King and 7 vanadis. I believe this first king is actually right out of the Russian Folklore, where as Tigre is basically an incarnation. Therefore, Sasha dies doesn't matter, she is basically just incarnation not the real founder of Zched... But it would make more sense to have 7 vanadis with original story's names (Alexandra, Ellen, etc.) when Tigre ascend to be king though.
biloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 13:05   Link #4332
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazandu View Post
for god's sake let the dead rest in peace, i will repeat once again, SASHA WILL NOT COME BACK, let's see some famous revival deux machina of all times:

1- Mwu la Flaga (gundam seed): everyone believes that he was dead untill the second season, well they never find the body in previous season so it's acceptable.

2- dragon ball characters, well they have the dragon balls so no problem to revieve someone.

but in madan ou to vanadis there aren't such things, it's not like sasha went M.I.A, she died in bed, and one month has pass, the poor girl now is worms food.
no man just accepet sasha is one of the main cast and tigre has a freaking goddess of death at his side so SHE WILL COME BACK (I CALL FOR DEUS EX MACHINA IN THIS NOVEL NOW).

damn let's dream at least
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 13:19   Link #4333
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Some interesting possibilities on origins there. But looks like this one could be more in line with a happier end than the folklore. However, it's getting there that's the problem for Tigre. So far all the vandis except Sasha (being dead and all) and possibly Vali-chan want to be near Tigre to some degree, but politics are the main hurdle along with other responsibilities.

With this conflict with Eli and Ellen plus the 2 successors, I think the king will have to rethink his decision for his appointment, or if things get out of hand over this, we may see Tigre usurp the throne from all the potential successors under the purview of the remaining vandis based on his success and merits.

Victor might even partly support it, but most likely because he'd have their viralt at his neck should he refuse. There is also a possibility that Tir Na Fal may even openly express Tigre's worthiness to the vandis to push them into this action. After all Teita personally saw/became the goddess in question, so if it's shown that there was something between her and the dragon that created the viralts, and there being a connection to the black bow, as the proverbial "one to rule them all", they would likely submit.

Durendal is another story too. Wonder what it's current status is, and whether it will play a role later on.

Also, if Sasha can't come back as a living being, there is a possibility of showing up as a ghost, or as Tir Na Fal's handmaiden the next time she speaks to Tigre.
Old 2014-04-22, 19:14   Link #4334
Newhope

Most likely situation is the king dies without announcing the successor leading to a full blown civil war, probably meaning Tigre will get dragged into the mess.

Will it mean he will become the king I don't know personally I think it's to early for that, sure he may get the support of some of the Vanadis but I don't think that would be enough I think it would take something that really saves Zhcted for it to happen.
--
I don't know the exact tale it's based on just know it's really old Slavic folklore and the Vanadis are based off the 7 sins and 7 Virture's.

Vanadis= a name for north god Freyja goddess of love, beauty, war and death.

Sin and virture

Ellenora- -Pride- -Humility
Ludmira -Wrath- -Patience
Sophia -Lust- -Chastity
Alexandra -Sloth- -Diligence
Elizavetta -Envy- -Kindness
Valentina -Greed- -Charity
Olga -Gluttony- -Temperance
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 19:26   Link #4335
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Sin and virture

Ellenora- -Pride- -Humility
Ludmira -Wrath- -Patience
Sophia -Lust- -Chastity
Alexandra -Sloth- -Diligence
Elizavetta -Envy- -Kindness
Valentina -Greed- -Charity
Olga -Gluttony- -Temperance

Oh wow that makes a LOT of sense.

The fact that the Vandis have historical significance, means the likelyhood of a new Vandis coming forward are minimal at best. Also Alexandra/Sasha is linked with the Phoenix. If you aren't familiar with the concept of the Phoenix:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)

Also given Tigre's relationship with the goddess death entirely possible that there is an Orphean rescue.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../OrpheanRescue
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 02:37   Link #4336
Kazandu
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biloon View Post
The question remains... Who is the next vanadis after Sasha? The author gets all 7 vanadis names from the original story. So, if you remove Sasha (or Alexandra) out of the equation, would that mean the author has to put another person with the name Alexandra as her successor? This is to be consistent with the original story though. The author may choose to divert and add his own character name. However, the other 6 already carry the name of the original story, so changing one seems a bit awkward to me though..

I have thought up of some possibilities:

1) As of the information given from google translate, it said that Ellen is the one who live and die with the King. If that's so, this means that not all Vanadis die at the same time. Probably, Sasha would be the first casualties? But in Madan, this happens even before Tigre becomes King, so I don't know about this.

2) Probably, Tigre's story does not mainly follow after original story. As described in Zched Legends, Zched was founded by a King and 7 vanadis. I believe this first king is actually right out of the Russian Folklore, where as Tigre is basically an incarnation. Therefore, Sasha dies doesn't matter, she is basically just incarnation not the real founder of Zched... But it would make more sense to have 7 vanadis with original story's names (Alexandra, Ellen, etc.) when Tigre ascend to be king though.
i think you're mixing concepts, the autor saids that he was inspire in some russian tale, but that doesn't mean that him will do a remake of the tale, the characters are too diferent to that tale.
Old 2014-04-23, 10:38   Link #4337
CodeNero

Quote:
i think you're mixing concepts, the autor saids that he was inspire in some russian tale, but that doesn't mean that him will do a remake of the tale, the characters are too diferent to that tale.
Agree, but you can't deny that base on some of the pervious post about the tale if the author did try to incorporate some parts of the tale it would make the story even more interesting. Though the series is already great as it is.
Old 2014-04-23, 12:09   Link #4338
XFire
150% done

So from how I read that fairy tale, this is going to end with Ellen committing lovers suicide with Tigre? Damn, that'd be a twist.
Old 2014-04-24, 01:42   Link #4339
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Quote:

Man..you're overreacting, why don't you calm your tits. Whether Sasha will come back or not is up to the author, and you sound like you're about to die whenever someone mentions about her. On the other hand, if the author decide to ressurect her what will you do? Jump off from canyon or what ?

OtakuFreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 10:00   Link #4340
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Man..you're overreacting, why don't you calm your tits. Whether Sasha will come back or not is up to the author, and you sound like you're about to die whenever someone mentions about her. On the other hand, if the author decide to ressurect her what will you do? Jump off from canyon or what ?
You can't deny it gets annoying when supposedly dead characters come back to life, its used all the time. Sasha is a nice character and all, but im also hoping she stays dead. She has been dead for a month and the illness plaguing her family was fully explained, not to mention what the weapon did when she died. A resurrection would be unbelievable.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)