AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-11, 10:51   Link #101
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
What about a Pool about Raki's acceptance? There's many people whinning about him with no good reason whatever.

Raki needs some love here.
Old 2007-07-11, 11:38   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
What about a Pool about Raki's acceptance? There's many people whinning about him with no good reason whatever.

That's right! They just hate the lad maybe because his time onscreen is sort of worthless and whiny, and that time should be well ought alloted to other characters like Miria, or Galatea, or Helen and Deneve, or Clare.

I do not harbor any particular dislike for him.

My hopes that I have in store for Raki is that he may at least grow-up to the same caliber of the adult Kai from Blood+.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:03   Link #103
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post

Well, let's have a poll then and get it over with...how many want Raki to be Priscilla's brunch vs. Raki fights another day...
Old 2007-07-11, 17:41   Link #104
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
That's right! They just hate the lad maybe because his time onscreen is sort of worthless and whiny, and that time should be well ought alloted to other characters like Miria, or Galatea, or Helen and Deneve, or Clare.
Or maybe you guys just want to see Raki hook up with Clare.

As for why people dislike Raki, no, that is not it. He keeps saying he wants to support/protect Clare and so on, but what he did is just the opposite. In Ophelia arc, he endangers himself and Clare by following Clare when he knows that she is always on dangerous mission and he deliberately disobeys her. Results? Almost get Clare and himself killed. Clare was distracted because of Raki when fighting with Ophelia and being hunt down after that because she has to be awakened to save Raki! For your information, it is true that there was nothing he could have done for Clare. If being a mindless, over-enthusiastic idiot is his way to protect his love ones, may God help those he loves.

If he wants to become a male claymore or get some steroid, even that would be a better solution.
Old 2007-07-11, 21:57   Link #105
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Or maybe you guys just want to see Raki hook up with Clare.

As for why people dislike Raki, no, that is not it. He keeps saying he wants to support/protect Clare and so on, but what he did is just the opposite. In Ophelia arc, he endangers himself and Clare by following Clare when he knows that she is always on dangerous mission and he deliberately disobeys her. Results? Almost get Clare and himself killed. Clare was distracted because of Raki when fighting with Ophelia and being hunt down after that because she has to be awakened to save Raki! For your information, it is true that there was nothing he could have done for Clare. If being a mindless, over-enthusiastic idiot is his way to protect his love ones, may God help those he loves.

If he wants to become a male claymore or get some steroid, even that would be a better solution.
I can't deny. They make a cute couple!

But, as far i can tell after watching episode 12, Clare was already in danger even before Raki show up. After all, Ophelia already got her and was "tasting her". God knows what a crazy b*t** like that would do with Clare if Raki haven't show up. I sincerely doubt Ophelia would stop.

Of course, Raki disobeys Clare and that was his mistake. But would Clare be any better all alone, against an one-digit Awaked One and a crazy sadist Claymore who takes no prisioners and no witnesses? We already saw the answer in episode 13.

I think instead an over-enthusiastic idiot, Raki is more like a silly boy in love who can't think straight because the only thing he can see before his eyes is the woman he loves, nothing else. I think he's trying to prove his worthy to her no matter the circunstances. In other words, he's a boy trying to prove to the woman he likes he's a man, too.

Anyway, he definitely needs to grow a little, and train harder too.
Old 2007-07-17, 10:20   Link #106
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Yay, I can image the next poll would be "Who is the most beautiful Claymore?" thread, as this idea spread throughout all other Claymore BBS for months.
I think you were not heard correctly by that time.

NSW, any chances this might happen?, given the apparent lack of fanservise in the series, We still have those beautiful faces to look upon, what do you think? ^__^

This is different from the favorite poll, given I don’t have Raki and Rubel (ugh…not cute) as choices!
Old 2007-07-17, 15:51   Link #107
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nope I don't forsee such an event. Just be glad that I am going to have another favorite Claymore poll in a few more episodes. (As well as a third after the series has ended.) I see no reason to have a beauty pagent as well.

It's far more likely that I'd have a favorite Awakened One poll. I'm not saying it might happen, but it is a possibility which becomes quite likely if someone would go to the trouble of making good 100x100 images of every Awakened One in the series. (So that the poll could be properly illustrated.) That would even be a chance for Ophelia to finally feature in a poll.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-17, 20:36   Link #108
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Nope I don't forsee such an event. Just be glad that I am going to have another favorite Claymore poll in a few more episodes. (As well as a third after the series has ended.) I see no reason to have a beauty pagent as well.

It's far more likely that I'd have a favorite Awakened One poll. I'm not saying it might happen, but it is a possibility which becomes quite likely if someone would go to the trouble of making good 100x100 images of every Awakened One in the series. (So that the poll could be properly illustrated.) That would even be a chance for Ophelia to finally feature in a poll.
There were also some good features in the biology of Claymore thread on the various Awakened Ones and their abilities. Add a few pics to those, and you've got a good basis to start a poll on.
Old 2007-07-18, 13:32   Link #109
Shinen
深淵の者

How about "origin and meanings of the (characters') names"? There is a lot to discuss, to speculate, to discover.
Norihiro Yagi obviously doesn't chose the names randomly, or does he? Some are pretty obvious, others more difficult to understand, others seem random, but are they?
I realize not everybody is interested in these kind of topics, so for you to decide whether in here there are enough of the ones, who would be interested.
Old 2007-07-18, 16:49   Link #110
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
How about "origin and meanings of the (characters') names"? There is a lot to discuss, to speculate, to discover.
Norihiro Yagi obviously doesn't chose the names randomly, or does he? Some are pretty obvious, others more difficult to understand, others seem random, but are they?
I realize not everybody is interested in these kind of topics, so for you to decide whether in here there are enough of the ones, who would be interested.
Aside from the names of the men in black, do the names have much significance?

Please make the opening post of such a thread right here. If I like what I see I will copy your post from this thread (verbatim) and make you the thread creator.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-18, 17:26   Link #111
Shinen
深淵の者

Ah ok, I understand.

Well, most of the names are the kind everyday normal names, some of them fit the characters very well, others seem random. One can discuss how well the name's meaning fits the character.
Then there are those names as Deneve, Miata, Yuma or Rakel, which I haven't heard before and can't seem to find much about them. Is Miata really named after a car for example? Is Yuma some wrong pronunciation of Uma? Maybe these ones are everday nomal names for people from other countries, who could explain them.
And then most of the awakened beings names don't seem to be any "real" names (Riffle?) or look more like family names (Easley?) or could be puns (Dafu?).
And finally Ophelia or Galatea who are named after some characters that ressemble them in a way, maybe that's the case of other characters as well.

I love discussing this kind of stuff, but I'm not sure how many other people would like to

But I'll try to do a real opening post with precise examples and explanations tomorrow, it's a bit too late right now ^^;
Old 2007-07-18, 17:33   Link #112
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

It might be a bit too niche for a thread. That's one reason I want to see your opening post. I'll decide after I see how interesting the topic looks.

Old 2007-07-21, 01:41   Link #113
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
Ah ok, I understand.

And then most of the awakened beings names don't seem to be any "real" names (Riffle?) or look more like family names (Easley?) or could be puns (Dafu?).
And finally Ophelia or Galatea who are named after some characters that ressemble them in a way, maybe that's the case of other characters as well.
I can answer some of your questions. I'm 97% sure. ^^

Some people translate Israel as イースレイ(Easley).

Reeve = リフル = leaf

Dafu(hidden word for futa) = Ticket Scalper
http://gogen-allguide.com/ta/dafuya.html

answer
Old 2007-07-21, 09:57   Link #114
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I can answer some of your questions. I'm 97% sure. ^^

Some people translate Israel as イースレイ(Easley).
Who? o.o;; I've never seen that before.
Old 2007-07-21, 10:21   Link #115
Shinen
深淵の者

GundamZZ: You mean that Isreal is sometimes written as イースレイ in Japanese? How come?

I don't think "leaf" matches リフル, isn't that more like リーフ ?

And Dafuya, hehe, so many weird meanings for his name, but somehow I can't see the connection with between Dauf and a ticket scalper
Old 2007-07-25, 10:47   Link #116
Claymorefans

In the world of Claymore, what is the Claymores really need? love, understand, or being human beings. Could this be new thread?
Old 2007-07-25, 11:18   Link #117
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Sugestion:

Title: Claymore Anime End... Put your final cry here

or

Title: Claymore Anime End... You conclusion words here.

Body Message:

The Claymore Anime is end, but the Mang dont, who to you feel?

Do you like the de MadHouse work? How much?

You think read the manga now, if you dont already it?

You is sad ou happy with Claymore adaption to Animation?

PS: Correct my English please.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:17   Link #118
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymorefans View Post
In the world of Claymore, what is the Claymores really need? love, understand, or being human beings. Could this be new thread?
OH puhhleeazze...not another peace, love and understanding hippie thread...

How about which Claymore character will die or Awaken next in the series?
Old 2007-07-25, 15:00   Link #119
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymorefans View Post
I don't see how. If you can figure out what you really want, please post your example of a thread starting post and I'll decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyelys View Post
Sugestion:

Title: Claymore Anime End... Put your final cry here

or

Title: Claymore Anime End... You conclusion words here.

Body Message:

The Claymore Anime is end, but the Mang dont, who to you feel?

Do you like the de MadHouse work? How much?

You think read the manga now, if you dont already it?

You is sad ou happy with Claymore adaption to Animation?

PS: Correct my English please.
I'm afraid that I don't know what you want. Part of this sounds like How will episode 26 {last episode} finish the season and the rest just sounds like generic Claymore appreciation. If that's not what you wanted, then please correct your English and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
How about which Claymore character will die or Awaken next in the series?
No.

Old 2007-07-25, 21:48   Link #120
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
How Bout U make one in which people vote on who is the most missed dead claymore
Closed Thread