AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 56 39.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 33.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 04:22   Link #61
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisidor View Post
Sheryl still believes that Galaxy has survived and thanks the Frontier for sending help. The first reporter says that the message from Galaxy arrived days later because of Fold Dislocation. Another reporters mentions that sending help might draw the Vajra but Sheryl replies that is it okay to leave them to die? and besides Frontier has already been attacked by the Vajra. And finally Sheryl got angry at the last reporter because he mentioned about canceling the concert and concerning the fans... but he can't finish the question before Sheryl grabs the mic and asks who's to decide that, that she'll do the concert anyways and return to Galaxy.
Wow; how sweet of her to be so caring for her hometown and all the people in there. That's my fav girl in the series. ("Still downloading the raw; damn my nets slow at these times. >_>").
Old 2008-05-09, 05:24   Link #62
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I loved how the concert transitioned directly to the ending sequence like it was planned all along! it might've been actually!

the appearance of the Galaxy remnants was awesome. Sheryl and Alto have great chemistry. So far it looks like Ranka's character is just going towards the path of Lynn Minmay. She is long way from that goal. While Sheryl dreads being "Sheryl"

They both walk on different ends of the same path, but they also both seem to converge on Alto.

great episode.. aching to see next week's!

Another thing i noticed is the screwed up during the Concert scene... Sheryl's earring first appeared on her LEFT ear.. and then in a later scene it appears on her RIGHT ear.. when she only has one earring!
Old 2008-05-09, 06:11   Link #63
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post

Another thing i noticed is the screwed up during the Concert scene... Sheryl's earring first appeared on her LEFT ear.. and then in a later scene it appears on her RIGHT ear.. when she only has one earring!
if you were paying attention that was the earring alto has in his cockpit ... it was just slowly fading away
Old 2008-05-09, 08:19   Link #64
ReddyRedWolf

While I was wrong in guessing Mr. Viller is Vrlitwhai Kridanik. WTF on Ranka's scout being named Elmo Kridanik.

Could this mean those two are brothers?

Does this mean unlike Exedol , Vrlitwhai found the time to have kids?

Oh yeah Alto getting Sheryl's earing for luck is a reference to Gamlin and Mylene of Macross 7.
Old 2008-05-09, 11:05   Link #65
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
It's scheduled for at least two cours, yes. I suspect if it does well it'll end up being even longer - which may or may not end up being a good thing.

Jesus Christ are you out of your damn mind. It's likely BVUSA won't even be in business next year. If Harmony Gold doesn't try to bring it over, I imagine Bandai Entertainment or Funimation will do so. Especially if the quality keeps up over the entire run - unlike the sillier aspects of Mac7, this thing would be a surefire hit with older Robotech/Mac fans. There'll be a ton of pressure for it to come over but I want a competent company to do so.
Well I am just saying it because BV seems to be the only company committed to releasing blu-ray anime. I am a strong believer in HD. I really have nothing against Bandai Visual - yeah yeah I'm a rich bastard I can afford $50 discs. Not really in reality I just want it to be released in HD. HD anime is so overdue.
Old 2008-05-09, 11:49   Link #66
dragonlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
For further discussion, I don't think that the current ship SMS has is a full-size SDF. It doesn't seem big enough and wasn't docked up front. They still own their own warship which is nuts, but they don't have a Macross Cannon.
not gonna question the size difference (though quarter ahahaha, 25 LOL)

anyways

the quarter does have a cannon/gun if you look at the "right wing" it isn't a carrier deck (the left is), thats their gun/cannon

and if i remember correctly "7's cannon" was essentially a large gun also
Old 2008-05-09, 12:00   Link #67
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Sounds like a good episode. Definitely an exposition to some craziness going down in the fight ahead, I just hope Ozma doesn't bite it...dude's got a pretty big death flag on him.

The Alto x Sheryl scenes are nice, as is the symbolism of keeping her earring. I really didn't like Sheryl when I first saw Episode 1...but here we are at Episode 6, and I'm all for an Alto/Sheryl ending. They have a lot of chemistry, and Sheryl really became quite likable.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:51   Link #68
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Anyone noticed the tabletop PC?

And how Grace went GiTS with her mobile phone implant?
Old 2008-05-09, 13:56   Link #69
krln99

Stuff that caught my eye this ep -

Another good episode. Obviously, this was a "slow" character exposition ep before a huge explosive "fight" one next.

I'm kind of Cheryl-neutral right now. Before, I hated her, but she's not so bad anymore. I really feel bad for Ranka when Alto lied to her (BTW, did anyone feel that the background music they played when that happened sounded A LOT like "Voices" from Macross Plus?! I don't think it was "note for note" the same, but it had a similar sound, and it wouldn't surprise me considering they're both scored by Yoko Kanno).

Ranka's hippo pajamas were fan service but too cute, just like the valkyrie backpack.

The Varja seemed to have turned Galaxy into a "colony," kind of like how a virus infects a cell.

I can't wait til the fireworks fly next episode!
Old 2008-05-09, 15:59   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisidor View Post
Sheryl still believes that Galaxy has survived and thanks the Frontier for sending help. The first reporter says that the message from Galaxy arrived days later because of Fold Dislocation. Another reporters mentions that sending help might draw the Vajra but Sheryl replies that is it okay to leave them to die? and besides Frontier has already been attacked by the Vajra. And finally Sheryl got angry at the last reporter because he mentioned about canceling the concert and concerning the fans... but he can't finish the question before Sheryl grabs the mic and asks who's to decide that, that she'll do the concert anyways and return to Galaxy.

The only thing Leon says is that he has a request for Cathy, we don't hear the whole stuff, but it's most likely something to do with her boarding the SMS Macross Quarter.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 2008-05-09, 18:06   Link #71
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

just gotta around to watch the Chinese subs . and i must say I approve of the ass-grabing Garlock captain,(much fun times ahead i see). And the scene with the macross quarter launching and diamond crevasse was simply beautiful. the lyric fit so well.
Old 2008-05-09, 18:15   Link #72
kari-no-sugata

Heh... I was just looking at the business card Elmo shows at the start of the ep.

His email address appears to be minmay@vectorpromotion.co.fr
Old 2008-05-09, 20:21   Link #73
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Side note: It's sometimes hard for me to spell Sheryl's name "Sheryl" because my mom has the same name only spelled "Cheryl".
Old 2008-05-09, 21:22   Link #74
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@alphadragon I know the feeling.

wow at Ranka's hippo pajamas!

Jee two episodes and I'm ok with Sheryl X Alto, though I'm ok with Alto X Ranka too.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-05-10, 02:09   Link #75
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Finally was able to watch the raw.

Damn that ending scene made me teary eyed. Very meaningful. Add to that the ending song w/c always gives chills every time I hear it.

@dom33. What EP of CG is that? (your avatar i mean).
Old 2008-05-10, 02:19   Link #76
ipernorris

I liked the episode and I gave it a 9 (the 10 is for the next one... ) but the final part felt a little to exaggerated IMHO. I mean it looked like Alto was going to fight the final big battle while we're only at episode 6....
If the final part of this episode was in the episode immediately before the last one it would have been perfect, but putting something so sad and intense in episode 6 is just too much imho.
Old 2008-05-10, 02:58   Link #77
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Has anyone tried e-mailing that Elmo?
Old 2008-05-10, 08:09   Link #78
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I mean it looked like Alto was going to fight the final big battle while we're only at episode 6....
Well from one perspective they have only been struggling to survive 1~3 of them at a time, and then they hear a friendly area has been swarmed and possibly obliterated. It's basically the first or second large scale battle I'd assume with the Vajra, and we don't know how the possibly first one ended or started (Ozma 11 years ago with Ranka)
Old 2008-05-10, 10:28   Link #79
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yes, but it will never get past the US of A without a major lawsuit filed against Harmony Gold. Unless HG knows itself to be on the LOSING SIDE and decided to give up, or otherwise end up in a slow, and agonizing death. Although the keyword here is 'slow', meaning new Macross franchises probably won't see the light of day on this side of the shore in the near future.

- Tak
where is osama when we need him =(

awesome cinematic with the earings fading away, it shows they're connected despite the distance. I like Macross F even more than CG2 now, suzaku makes my blood boil and only sheryl's song can soft me up. Heaven!

I wonder if the captain is gonna ass-slapping that hotie Cathy, now that would be something to worth dying for
Old 2008-05-10, 12:19   Link #80
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Finally was able to watch the raw.

Damn that ending scene made me teary eyed. Very meaningful. Add to that the ending song w/c always gives chills every time I hear it.

@dom33. What EP of CG is that? (your avatar i mean).
That is episode 5, when Karen was in the funny suit