AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-07, 04:00   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Star Driver - Radiant Takuto

Original Work/Production: BONES
Director: Takuya Igarashi
Script: Yoji Enokido
Original Character Designs: Misa Mizuya and Hiroka Mizuya
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Yoshiyuki Ito
Music: Satoru Kousaki
Official Site: http://www.star-driver.net/

Spoiler for scan:

BONES doing a new mecha anime! Ooooooh! I wonder if the staff indicates that this is a C Studio production, while B Studio is doing Gosick. That would be an odd.... swap. Star Driver's official site (which isn't open yet) is registered by Aniplex btw.

Last edited by duckroll; 2010-06-07 at 07:44.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 04:17   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Loving the look of it going by the scan, and Satoru Kousaki is a great choice to score a mecha anime. Can't wait to learn more about this one.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:39   Link #3
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Seems I made a mistake with the title. I shouldn't have translated Takuto, since it's the main character's name. Lol.
Old 2010-06-07, 06:20   Link #4
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hmm, staff looks promising, and the design for the mecha is very fresh, but there's this one thing that's bugging me
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Seems I made a mistake with the title. I shouldn't have translated Takuto, since it's the main character's name. Lol.
...so the guy's called Radiant Wand?
Old 2010-06-07, 06:36   Link #5
BluWacky
尻の竜

Ooooh, Igarashi, Enokido and Ito working together again (with Ito doing the full animation director duties too - has he done a whole TV show before?). I hope Enokido can pull some decent (or at least weird) writing out the bag to go along with the standard Bones animation awesomeness.

Back in October duck reported that C Studio were supposed to be working on a Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer adaptation with Igarashi and Ito involved. I guess this was their project instead?

Looking forward to both this and Gosick.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 06:59   Link #6
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Ooooh, Igarashi, Enokido and Ito working together again (with Ito doing the full animation director duties too - has he done a whole TV show before?). I hope Enokido can pull some decent (or at least weird) writing out the bag to go along with the standard Bones animation awesomeness.

Back in October duck reported that C Studio were supposed to be working on a Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer adaptation with Igarashi and Ito involved. I guess this was their project instead?

Looking forward to both this and Gosick.
Back in October when I posted the rumor, I specifically stated that it was merely hearsay, and that I didn't think it had much weight behind it. So yeah, I think we can disregard that entire batch of rumors.

With A Studio and D Studio still busy with Heroman and FMA:B respectively, it looks likely that in the near future we're looking at Gosick from B Studio and Star Driver from C Studio.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:39   Link #7
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The site is UP.

Edit:

I'm kinda scared now. The official site says this is BONES' Gakuen Robot Action series.

Yeah, Igarashi directing makes perfect sense now, and it's definitely C Studio. The question is whether this will be better than Geass. :/

Last edited by duckroll; 2010-06-07 at 07:50.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:57   Link #8
aardvark

I dont see how it can possibly be worse than Geass :P
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 08:07   Link #9
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
I dont see how it can possibly be worse than Geass :P
Soul Eater was worse than Geass! So's Heroman.

I'm really sad now.
Old 2010-06-07, 08:12   Link #10
7Th
Mixtape

Unlike BoreMan and Slow Eater, StarDriver is being written by Yoji Enokido; I see no reasons why this would be as bad as those two.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 08:19   Link #11
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Unlike BoreMan and Slow Eater, StarDriver is being written by Yoji Enokido; I see no reasons why this would be as bad as those two.
Oh of course. But I'm just pointing out BONES' track record is kinda iffy right now.
Old 2010-06-07, 09:02   Link #12
Raiza Sunozaki

So this is an original work from BONES? If so, excellent. I've been deprived of original anime with good plots for a while.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 10:39   Link #13
_gallo_

I, for one, think that the premises look really good. I love Igarashi's direction, especially combined with Enokido's writing. They worked together on Utena, and under Bones patronage on Ouran whose ep 13 was one of the best BONES' episode imho. It' s true that Igarashi also directed Soul Eater, but I think the main problem of that anime was that it followed the mediocre manga panel by panel almost till the end. While the source material was really bad, in terms of both animation and direction it was a solid production.
Here all depends on how good the original idea is, but to be honest I'm slightly confident it will be solid (damn! At least this must be good!).
Also, when I first looked at the mecha design I thought "Mamoru Nagano" which is a good thing, at least for me.
The only thing which left me a bit meh is the character design by two female designer. It could be too much bi-shonen alike.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:28   Link #14
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I don't like the mecha design (what you can see of it) at all. The neck is way too long and the shape of it's face is meh. I don't care much for mecha. I'd rather they try some other genre. But I guess BONES is scared after how Ayakashi Ayashi failed.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:47   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now this looks promising. Still not so sure about the mecha design, but there's pretty much no way it can be worse than Heroman.
Old 2010-06-07, 11:52   Link #16
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

TBH, Heroman make me feel creeps about this project (
I can't believe I can feel like that to BONES.
God... at least it on par with Xam'd please...
Old 2010-06-07, 11:53   Link #17
7Th
Mixtape

Akatsuki Yamatoya was the cancer that killed Soul Eater and Heroman, since he isn't present in Star Driver I don't think we have to worry about its quality that much.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 13:50   Link #18
BluWacky
尻の竜

The image caption, for anyone who cares, means something like "A Gallant Entrance, A Galactic Hunk" (well, it's bishounen, you all know what I mean...). Appeal for all genders?

I love that mecha design, but I'm not a fan of the chunky sci-fi style mecha; I like them to look weird and organic/fantastical.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 18:21   Link #19
pulpwin
マギ

Losing a lot of faith in BONES as of late, when's the redemption. Star Driver is that you?! :O
pulpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 19:00   Link #20
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Please don't disappoint me again bones
I don't want this show turn out to be another crap like heroman

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen