AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-25, 18:09   Link #61
Homura7

In the colorspread featuring the strawhats new powers, wasn't Brook featured disjointing his body articulations? I dare say, this would work efficiently in dodging the enemy attacks.

Suppose someone aims for his arm, and he suddenly disjoints the arm from the forearm, resulting in the enemy missing and Brook having a few valuable seconds to counterattack.
Old 2011-08-25, 18:22   Link #62
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 636
That was not a bad Chapter. That is kinda cool that Chopper no longer needs the rumble ball for at least six of his formations. That makes him stronger now that he is less dependent on the Rumble Balls. I wonder if he can control that monster form now?

Noah Legendary Ship
I guess this is all up to Shirahoshi now. I would say the Straw Hats can just destroy it but the King Neptune had other purpose for it. I am guessing Noah Ship was going to be the transportation for the reverie.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:08   Link #63
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Noah Legendary Ship
I guess this is all up to Shirahoshi now. I would say the Straw Hats can just destroy it but the King Neptune had other purpose for it. I am guessing Noah Ship was going to be the transportation for the reverie.
I doubt its something as simple as a fancy boat to ride to an important meeting.
From the way the king speaks its more like this ship is more likely the center of some great prophecy. Something like say, the prophesied day that fishman island is destroyed and the fishpeople need a ship big enough to support their whole population so that they might escape to safety. heh.
Old 2011-08-25, 19:56   Link #64
gaurun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
It's just a little theory I'm kicking around with based on Neptune over-reaction, Prince's remark about it being the from ancient time, fish people used to live on land before the void century, Robin finding more ancient text, and that it seems that after this arc fish people is going to be wondering around in Noah it'll make sense if Noah is (or has) some sort of ancient weapon as well.....
its possible. with Luffy destroying Fishman Island, Fishman people need some place for their new island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
In the colorspread featuring the strawhats new powers, wasn't Brook featured disjointing his body articulations? I dare say, this would work efficiently in dodging the enemy attacks.

Suppose someone aims for his arm, and he suddenly disjoints the arm from the forearm, resulting in the enemy missing and Brook having a few valuable seconds to counterattack.
where the colorspread that featuring strawhat new power? I didn't find it.
Old 2011-08-25, 20:18   Link #65
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I doubt its something as simple as a fancy boat to ride to an important meeting.
From the way the king speaks its more like this ship is more likely the center of some great prophecy. Something like say, the prophesied day that fishman island is destroyed and the fishpeople need a ship big enough to support their whole population so that they might escape to safety. heh.
?
Isn't that what the reverie is? Or is the Reverie something else. Sounded like the Reverie from this arch was the great migration. At least that is what I thought is was when the prince were talking about it during the mother's funeral. I could be wrong. I did not know it had another meaning.
Old 2011-08-25, 20:28   Link #66
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post

That's Buggy's role ;o
Old 2011-08-25, 20:46   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
?
Isn't that what the reverie is? Or is the Reverie something else. Sounded like the Reverie from this arch was the great migration. At least that is what I thought is was when the prince were talking about it during the mother's funeral. I could be wrong. I did not know it had another meaning.

No, the Reverie in this case is the big meeting between all of the world's leaders in Mariejoa. In fact, we actually saw the previous Reverie in Chopper's flashback where they were discussing Dragon (and Wapol was being an asshole towards Vivi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
That's Buggy's role ;o

True, but I wouldn't put it past Brooke to split himself apart now, either. But I sorta figured his big new power-up was supposed to be the whole astral projection thing (along with possibly more advanced musical techniques similar to the ones we saw Scratchmen Apoo use). And while I do suppose it's true that poisons probably won't have much effect on him, I still wonder if he would be a decent match for the alcoholic assassin (because I still rather doubt that he became as powerful as the zombie Ryuuma over the course of the skip)......
Old 2011-08-25, 21:47   Link #68
Undertaker

In addition to that little theory I have, I'm also getting the feeling that Caribou will be the one that soft-lands Noah due to his DF....
Old 2011-08-26, 01:51   Link #69
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't know if I agree with the "easily" assessment, but I would love to see Brook battle Hyouzou (I do not recall if I was the one who initially speculated on such an encounter or if it was another forum member)...but it might be too easy for Brook. Specifically, Brook has no need to worry about poisons (some can corrode, so there is still a chance of wear and tear), which effectively limits Hyouzou's power by an untold magnitude.

That being said, who else thinks Brook's major power-up will be the fact that he could remove or control his hair? One of Brook's major disadvantages against Ryuma was the fact that the zombie could target Brook's hair (it is a glaring weakness), and such a disadvantage would be obvious to all sword users. Consequently, I wouldn't be too surprised if Brook found some way of protecting his hair....
BOOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

I also think it would be interesting if Brooke took on the mercenary swordsman. I mean I don't think a skeleton can get poisoned, so he doesn't have to worry about that
Quote:
That's actually a great idea, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. We've been so hung up on Zoro fighting the kickass cool swordsmen that we completely forgot about the other swordsmen on the crew.
Although it doesn't really matter who mentioned it first, especially since we still don't know if they will fight each other.
With that being said, I think Brooke can take him
Hell, Music might just be the perfect counter for a drunk fishman .

I LOVE Chopper's horn point character design, and now seeing Franky's new robot, I do believe your speculation (I think it was you) on a match up with Franky vs San Juan Wolf would be pretty sweet.
Old 2011-08-26, 03:02   Link #70
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Honestly, only really Luffy (and maybe Robin, or Shira if she can use the Sea Kings) could potentially halt the mass (and I find that a bit of a stretch (pun intended), everyone elses attacks/abilities would simply destroy the vessel (which the King seems to think that would be a bad thing).

Addmittedly, since the ship is coming for Shira, it would make more sense for Shira to simply leave the area, with the ship following behind...
Actually with the mecha form, Franky could possibly stop the ship. Sanji could kick it away and Zoro could probably easily slice it in half (ok that would be destroying it).

If anything I sort of expect Luffy to try a bazooka to stop the ship and get his hands stuck in the ship instead
Old 2011-08-26, 11:25   Link #71
marvelB

Going back to the ministory again..... considering how we saw Wapol gradually go from living in poverty to becoming a successful toy/metal manufacturer who was given a new kingdom to rule, this really makes me wonder what will become of Spandam? I remember back when the EL arc was running I had figured that his blunders would get him demoted to janitorial work or something like that, but now I honestly wouldn't put it past Oda to make him the chief of the newly established CP10! Heck, his old man Spandine might even become the sixth Elder Star......

Anyways, we should be seeing Alabasta next chapter (unless we get a separate update for Dr. Kureha, who was curiously absent from the current chapter's splash). I sure hope that means we'll be seeing Gedatsu make an appearance, as well!
Old 2011-08-27, 02:59   Link #72
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
BOOM!

Although it doesn't really matter who mentioned it first, especially since we still don't know if they will fight each other.
With that being said, I think Brooke can take him
Hell, Music might just be the perfect counter for a drunk fishman .

I LOVE Chopper's horn point character design, and now seeing Franky's new robot, I do believe your speculation (I think it was you) on a match up with Franky vs San Juan Wolf would be pretty sweet.
Just keep in mind that San Juan Wolf is SEVERAL TIMES bigger than the robot. Franky will have to build a bigger robot if he wants to fight him.
Old 2011-08-27, 07:13   Link #73
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'm actually more intrigued about the ship itself than the villains of this arc. i'm still hoping that they could pose a bigger threat to the straw hats but as they are now i highly doubt it. what is noah anyway? why is it so legendary?
Old 2011-08-28, 22:49   Link #74
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Talking about new abilities, any one else betting on a giant Robin form? Since she has already formed giant legs, forming a whole body seems very plausible.
me wants that! lol. i'd prefer the naked clone if oda may please. XDD then i could just die in bliss. XD
Old 2011-08-29, 03:40   Link #75
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Actually with the mecha form, Franky could possibly stop the ship. Sanji could kick it away and Zoro could probably easily slice it in half (ok that would be destroying it).

If anything I sort of expect Luffy to try a bazooka to stop the ship and get his hands stuck in the ship instead
As awesome as General Franky is, I don't think he can stop Noah from fulling. hell, I don't even think the combine strength of the SH can stop the fall. You seems to forgot about the size of that thing, it not just some huge ship several time bigger than a battleship. The thing is half the size of the island itself that can carry millions. The only reason Decken can move it was because of his DF.

As strong as Luffy can co, I don't see them stopping that thing, I don't even think that Admirals (other and Aoikiji) can stop its fall (Keep others around them safe is another story). Only one I can see would be Croc if he sand-ify the ground or Aoikiji freeze the thing mid-air.

Maybe if Robin can grow her Arms the size of the island, then that would possible.

Actually, forget the arm, if she can grow her breasts into half the size of island, that would probably work too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i'm actually more intrigued about the ship itself than the villains of this arc. i'm still hoping that they could pose a bigger threat to the straw hats but as they are now i highly doubt it. what is noah anyway? why is it so legendary?
Noah is a reference from the Bible. Just like Sodom and Gomorrah (Franky Family's King Bulls) were. Oda's not Christian but he seem to like pulling stories from Bibles and other myths as inspirations.

If you don't know the Bibile story. Basically, the God was angry at the sins of human and he decided to flood the world in order to start anew. But before he did so, he instructed Noah, the only righteous man in the eye of God to construct an Arc. Noah build the Arc despite the ridicules from others, he than collected a pair (male&female) of every species, plants, along with whatever human he can save into the Arc and escaped the fated flood. (which most Bible historian believes to be referring to the Ice Age)

The parallel here is that Noah is HUGE, half the size of the Fishermen Island. It saved Fishmen/Merfolk once before the void Century and it now seems to be prophesied to save them again when the end is coming....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-08-29 at 03:50.
Old 2011-08-29, 04:27   Link #76
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Noah is a reference from the Bible. Just like Sodom and Gomorrah (Franky Family's King Bulls) were. Oda's not Christian but he seem to like pulling stories from Bibles and other myths as inspirations.

If you don't know the Bibile story. Basically, the God was angry at the sins of human and he decided to flood the world in order to start anew. But before he did so, he instructed Noah, the only righteous man in the eye of God to construct an Arc. Noah build the Arc despite the ridicules from others, he than collected a pair (male&female) of every species, plants, along with whatever human he can save into the Arc and escaped the fated flood. (which most Bible historian believes to be referring to the Ice Age)

The parallel here is that Noah is HUGE, half the size of the Fishermen Island. It saved Fishmen/Merfolk once before the void Century and it now seems to be prophesied to save them again when the end is coming....
yeah, i know about the noah's ark. i meant the noah in one piece, what is it? that's what i like to know.
Old 2011-08-29, 06:27   Link #77
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
As awesome as General Franky is, I don't think he can stop Noah from fulling. hell, I don't even think the combine strength of the SH can stop the fall. You seems to forgot about the size of that thing, it not just some huge ship several time bigger than a battleship. The thing is half the size of the island itself that can carry millions. The only reason Decken can move it was because of his DF.

As strong as Luffy can co, I don't see them stopping that thing, I don't even think that Admirals (other and Aoikiji) can stop its fall (Keep others around them safe is another story). Only one I can see would be Croc if he sand-ify the ground or Aoikiji freeze the thing mid-air.

Maybe if Robin can grow her Arms the size of the island, then that would possible.

Actually, forget the arm, if she can grow her breasts into half the size of island, that would probably work too...
Hmmz, not too sure about the size of the ship. I don't recall that it is half the size of the island, but I could be wrong. I'm assuming that it is just a very huge ship (with some other features I guess).
1 very much doubt that the ship needed to really carry millions and even if so, people can be packed tightly. Hell, I don't even know why they need the ship given that they are fish... But anyway, in almost every migration story, the initial number of people is always much smaller than the current number.
Old 2011-08-29, 07:08   Link #78
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
It saved Fishmen/Merfolk once before the void Century and it now seems to be prophesied to save them again when the end is coming....
Wow...where was this? I don't remember any reference to Noah having saved the Fishpeeps before.

But yes, I remember it being stated that it IS half the size of Fishman Island.
Old 2011-08-29, 08:03   Link #79
ZeroForever

decken mentions the size of the ship, if you want a size retrospec you can view it after decken initially throws it and the sea giant is running away, he's a midget next to it.

Do note that the sea giant is about the size of the kraken and they are both bigger then the respective land giants.
Old 2011-08-30, 04:59   Link #80
Butagami

There was just so much awesome in this chapter, my eyes still tear up thinking about it. Franky having a combining mecha (I actually thought Franky had won OP, until I saw the others, made me doubt again), the "weak"-trio taking many levels of badass, random pirates commenting on how the SH's all seem eager to join the fight, Luffy doing the "Slow Walk Of He Who Is Badass" (SWOHWIS), trusting Sanji and Zoro to take the fodder out for him, and finally: Epic FaceKick Of Rage.

Can't wait til the next chapter!