AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 03:24   Link #6501
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
There's a lot of girl action in the OVAs... Marketing strategy?
Why not?

After all, OVA is the bonus content that come with BD. They can put whatever content in it that will please their fans, and IT IS.

Rabbit team: What should be our new tank?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A7V
Old 2013-05-12, 04:59   Link #6502
arkhangelsk

The desire to be together overrules all other considerations...

What happened to the idea of getting a stronger tank, Aya...

Try seeing if KMM would be willing to hand over their Jadgtiger ... after that sorry spectacle, they might just be willing to do it...

Of course, you can always go the T29 route.

To be serious though, they probably would have to break up sooner or later into a pair of tanks. There simply are not a whole lot of 6-man tanks out there and while not all of them will have to be tank commanders, it is likely at least one of them (probably Aya) will have to move up. They might as well use this chance to start...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 06:29   Link #6503
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
What happened to the idea of getting a stronger tank, Aya...

Try seeing if KMM would be willing to hand over their Jadgtiger ... after that sorry spectacle, they might just be willing to do it...

Of course, you can always go the T29 route.

To be serious though, they probably would have to break up sooner or later into a pair of tanks. There simply are not a whole lot of 6-man tanks out there and while not all of them will have to be tank commanders, it is likely at least one of them (probably Aya) will have to move up. They might as well use this chance to start...
No way, they're getting rid of the M3?

Well many German panzerjaegers had six-man crews like the Hummel, the Elefant, the Jagdpanther and like you saide the Jagdtiger. Mind you, the Oarai can never have enough tank hunters.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 06:54   Link #6504
arkhangelsk

The above is a fan-manga, so not yet.

As for whether they will get rid of the M3 in canon, that'll be up to the author. I'm on the side that they should though. They just can't keep on doing what they did in Ep12.

Yes, the Elefant is also 6-man, but I figured they might as well go for the slightly faster (on the books) Jadgtiger. The Jadgpanther is 5-man, in Wiki and my Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two. The Hummel is open-topped and I think they want something with a bit more armor and armor penetration than a howitzer.

The breakup will be a pain, but by the time they are in third grade, there will IIRC be exactly 9 of the current team left (themselves and 3 members from Volleyball). It is hard to imagine at least some of them not having to move up to Tank Commander. They might as well start now before they get even more attached to the M3.
Old 2013-05-12, 07:18   Link #6505
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
The above is a fan-manga, so not yet.

As for whether they will get rid of the M3 in canon, that'll be up to the author. I'm on the side that they should though. They just can't keep on doing what they did in Ep12.

Yes, the Elefant is also 6-man, but I figured they might as well go for the slightly faster (on the books) Jadgtiger. The Jadgpanther is 5-man, in Wiki and my Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two. The Hummel is open-topped and I think they want something with a bit more armor and armor penetration than a howitzer.

The breakup will be a pain, but by the time they are in third grade, there will IIRC be exactly 9 of the current team left (themselves and 3 members from Volleyball). It is hard to imagine at least some of them not having to move up to Tank Commander. They might as well start now before they get even more attached to the M3.
Are you sure about the Jagdpanther being five-man? This, taken from the book Hitler's Army, states otherwise...

I don't know which wiki you refer to, but it also states it has a six-man crew:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdpanther

Old 2013-05-12, 09:05   Link #6506
arkhangelsk

(Checks again)

Oh, really. I was looking at the little stat box on the top right.

For the record, here's the Russian wiki's opinion on the topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Translated
May 4, 1943 by the Ministry of the arms, it was decided to temporarily freeze the project Panther II, and the developers' Yagdpantery "were forced to make a number of changes to the existing structure in order to unify the future ACS units with the existing tank" Panther ". Armor thickness was reduced in order to reduce the overall weight of the car and left running gear from the "Panther". The crew was reduced to 5 people.
Either way, if it is 6-man crew or at least 6-man capable, it might be a good choice if they want to stay together.
Old 2013-05-12, 09:08   Link #6507
Sumeragi
Banned

They're all wrong, really: Mr. Doyle, the main expert on German tanks, said it was a five member crew, and the interior is such you can allow only a five member crew for efficiency. However, the original specifications stated in June 9th, 1943 did call for a six member crew, which was a change from the ones written a month earlier. This was changed yet again after Kursk to five, and the actual prototype made had a five member crew.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:30   Link #6508
Sumeragi
Banned

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:37   Link #6509
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Spoiler for NSFW:
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:39   Link #6510
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

If you factor in the other doujinshi of this show, Yukari sure gets around with the other girls.

Endless "Spreading the love" Soul
Old 2013-05-12, 19:09   Link #6511
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm not a tank buff, but as far as I've read tanks with six-man crews pretty much ended with the Lee, and with everything else allowing for a crew of that size limited to prototypes/one-offs like the British AT series and the US T-series of heavy tanks (T-29, T-30, and the T-34 from World of Tanks come to mind). Realistically Team Rabbit might have to be "retired", and the freshmen divvied up as the rest of Ooarai's teams advance in years.
Old 2013-05-13, 03:14   Link #6512
Marina2

T29 or T34 (American) sound good for rabbit team

- It uses six crews
- Oarai needs more heavy tank and fire power.
- Rabbit team can become the heavy tank killer with it

Even though it's a rare tank, I don't think that is a problem in GuP universe. Who know? One of them might be laying somewhere on Oarai LOL

Both of them have a prototype before August 15, 1945 so they can use them in Sensha-do. (unless I miss something)

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-05-13 at 11:21.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 03:46   Link #6513
Helius

That's something I'd imagine Sanders acquiring if Oarai ever come across them again in the future.

But yeah, I can see the Usagi going nuts over the size and power of that thing.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:15   Link #6514
rocket
Senior and Demented

You know I'm kinda sorry we missed out on early war stuff.

With all this talk about upgrades for the movie or a theoretical S2 I'm realizing how much power creep we've gotten!
Old 2013-05-14, 11:23   Link #6515
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We talk of upgrades, but the only tank that really, really, needs to be replaced is the Type 89. Even with it apparently having an engine upgrade, the gun is useless. The only tank they might have killed in all the battles was a tankette from Anzio. Their gun is practically useless against anything that isn't a pre-war design with less than 20mm of armor plate.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:41   Link #6516
arkhangelsk

Don't think that we are not thinking Volleyball team needs an upgrade as well. And in fact the Char 1B could do with a change too. But they are much less interesting to talk about simply because they are 3 and 4 man teams and it is easy to find a tank for them.

With Rabbit team we have to argue over which one of the extremely few 6-man tanks to give them or whether it is better to just split them into 2 groups of 3 now. And if we go the latter route we have to argue HOW to make the split.

Which makes the topic more interesting.
Old 2013-05-14, 14:27   Link #6517
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well and the M3 Lee has at least a reasonable set of guns. They can engage many other tanks with at least a chance of doing damage. The Type 89 can't.
Old 2013-05-14, 14:43   Link #6518
arkhangelsk

OK, compared to the Type 89, it has a reasonable set of guns. But it is only a 75mm L/31, which is even weaker than the Sherman's M3 75mm L/40.

To be reasonably competitive through 1945 technology, frankly you want at least something equivalent to a 75mm L/43 (and I'm ignoring the need to break through KMM's heavies in the Finals).

Oarai now has 4 tanks that meet this standard, the Panzer IV (by now effectively a H variant), the Hetzer, the Stug and the Porsche Tiger. Everything else arguably needs a face lift, or they can only really play at a competitive level until they go to the Big 4.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2013-05-14 at 14:59.
Old 2013-05-14, 16:15   Link #6519
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only if they keep going against forces that are using all late war equipment. It is reasonable to assume most schools use early to mid war tanks. Of which only the pre-war Type 89 has real issues.

The Char B1 bis will have issues as well, but at least that 47mm cannon has good AP shells against early war tanks. The 57mm gun on the Type 89 never had reasonable armor penetration against tanks built for the war. The Char B1 bis 75mm gun was not much of an anti-tank gun as it was designed to take out fortified positions at close range. The Germans had a hell of a time against the Char B1 tanks in France.

The Type 3's 75mm gun is around L/38 so it is viable if not great.

The M3 Lee's 75mm is smaller still, but viable.
Old 2013-05-14, 17:10   Link #6520
Top Sergeant

Hopefully, if they replace the Type 89 it will be with a tank which has some punch but still retains manueverability, to take advantage of Kawanishi's driving skills.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks