AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 10:29   Link #301
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Just finished the game...basically one of my top 3 VN of all time now.

Looking forward to see how the anime handles it now xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 11:00   Link #302
Eratas123

I know its normal; it was justified in Conan and Saw as well. I'm just saying that the cue seems to be the person who points it out first.
Old 2013-07-10, 14:05   Link #303
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Question! Did you play the game on an emulator or on the PSP with the translation patch? Just asking because I'm thinking of ordering it from Amazon or download the emulator for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I know its normal; it was justified in Conan and Saw as well. I'm just saying that the cue seems to be the person who points it out first.
You have the right to be speculative regarding the actions one individual(s) make in the situation that they're in. At the same time it's still practically nothing to go on since no murder or anything beyond that hasn't come into play yet.

The first episode was to introduce the characters, the situation, and most importantly the drive to push someone or people over the edge to fulfill the "graduation" steps that Monokuma is pushing for.
Old 2013-07-10, 15:39   Link #304
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Hey, that's great! Told you it was an awesome game, didn't I?

Anyway, did the next episode air yet? I've searched but all I can find are links to the first episode instead....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 15:54   Link #305
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It airs tomorrow.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 17:18   Link #306
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I just hope they finish the first arc or go on with bringing in the missing information I mentioned above, otherwise people will have problems solving stuff later on

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 19:04   Link #307
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Question! Did you play the game on an emulator or on the PSP with the translation patch? Just asking because I'm thinking of ordering it from Amazon or download the emulator for it.
Emulator has issues.

I'm also not sure if discussing the translation patch is allowed since there is now an official localization in the works by NISA.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 21:09   Link #308
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I finished the game in the emulator, with no problem.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 09:28   Link #309
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That bear is a great villain. It's Pedobear meets Two-Face meets Jigsaw.

And this cast is just loads of fun. I just love how its loaded with such pure, distilled anime archetypes.

As long as the show doesn't take itself too seriously, this should be a very fun watch.
Old 2013-07-11, 11:13   Link #310
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That bear is a great villain. It's Pedobear meets Two-Face meets Jigsaw.

And this cast is just loads of fun. I just love how its loaded with such pure, distilled anime archetypes.

As long as the show doesn't take itself too seriously, this should be a very fun watch.
Most of the less serious stuff will probably get cut, since most of it is not relevant to any of the mysteries.

I don't recommend anyone to read the manga btw.
Not only does it bluntly tell you who did it, but it also tells you how they did it.
So if you don't want to get an extreme spoiler on the mysteries watch a lets play on youtube or wait for the anime, and use the manga only as supplemental, after the show is over, as even the chapter names tell you who did it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:00   Link #311
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, if the show gets serious mysteries like Hyouka or Another, then that's cool. I'd enjoy that. Thanks for the heads up, AC, on what to avoid so I don't spoil myself on the mysteries of the show.

I just hope that the show doesn't go for the "Feels" in the same way that, say, a Key VN tends to.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:07   Link #312
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I don't recommend anyone to read the manga btw.
Not only does it bluntly tell you who did it, but it also tells you how they did it.
So if you don't want to get an extreme spoiler on the mysteries watch a lets play on youtube or wait for the anime, and use the manga only as supplemental, after the show is over, as even the chapter names tell you who did it.
I agree.

And not only that, from what I've heard and seen of the manga, the manga is not intended to stand alone and tell the full story, and is more like a supplementary thing for people who have already played the games. Even though it does give away the whodunnits too. So the manga is the worst possible choice for someone who's consuming the canon for the first time.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 12:09   Link #313
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 12:16   Link #314
hamazura
whatever

I've played the game until 2nd case.
I take back what i said before about naegi is coward and maizono is typical heroine who cling into mc all the time and being protected.
Lot of twist, i can guarantee the story and progressing is nice
and for game player... sorry to ask this in here, cant find this game thread on other forum .dont worry its not about story, but gameplay
Spoiler for question about skill:

Quote:
Well, if the show gets serious mysteries like Hyouka or Another, then that's cool. I'd enjoy that. Thanks for the heads up, AC, on what to avoid so I don't spoil myself on the mysteries of the show.

I just hope that the show doesn't go for the "Feels" in the same way that, say, a Key VN tends to.
Nope, its like Umineko or conan, basically its detective anime. unless there is no spiritual being like beato
not like conan which have few clue and complex trick and thinking to resolve the case. In this anime there are clue which not impossible for viewer to predict who the killer.
So its good to try to solve the case yourself before its revealed by the anime itself

Episode 2 is out already? will watch it later, will comment now, coz i already play the game
Spoiler for episode 2:
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 12:34   Link #315
Gundamx

psp game thread
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112574

though watch out, it have a lot of spoiler
+
Spoiler for game play advice:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 13:05   Link #316
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So they really went out with the original story lol.
That might cause problems later on considering how some important facts are atm missing...
have to watch EP to make sure they are still missing though :/

Old 2013-07-11, 13:36   Link #317
Dirty_Harry

Two vital clues are missing in this episode In the investigation.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 13:43   Link #318
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Another never had anything resembling serious mysteries. Hyouka made extensive reference to them, but they were mostly used as a framework for developing the cast.
Danganronpa is, forgive the phrase, piss-easy if you have any sort of familiarity with classic mysteries, but it's not so much about that as it is about the overwhelming style the game exudes, something I don't think the anime is particularly good at.
Also, massive plot twists. Several of them, in fact.
Quote:
It doesn't really try to evoke strong emotion (other than rage at that damn bear) if that's what you mean.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 13:45   Link #319
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
OK I guess it's really time for me to take my PSP and try to finish it ASAP.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 13:55   Link #320
maplehurry

Spoiler for ep.2:
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote