AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-19, 01:59   Link #181
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Loved episode 12. Guess that's the end of the show on TV.

Ruri, good luck with your dreams. If you somehow end up attempting a romantic relationship with your brother (for some odd reason) I'll root for you. Lol. Love the magical girl look.

Hina, you can't even reheat mizo soup. At least we still love you Keep chasing after your sisters.

Kotoha, I think I like your single the best. Love your singing.

Miu, your love of sheep and butlers is the best. Keep up being cute. Nyan.

Mai, being the most mature of all the girls doesn't speak well for your seniors. Keep them in line. All the loli lovers probably adore you.

Mizuki, you're my favorite. Will you bear my children? Keep up the great work.

We'll see you in the OVA girls!
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 13:28   Link #182
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The anime ended. That concert of theirs is really good
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 13:34   Link #183
Japanimationgirl

I saw the anime episodes up to episode 4 I believe. It's so cute, I totally like it. =^_^=
Japanimationgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 12:15   Link #184
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's crazy! I guess when they said "limited edition", they weren't kidding. Amazon does seem to have Kotoha's CD still available, but I guess it's going fast. In terms of Happy Clover, it seems the Live and TV Size versions will be included with the Limited Edition of DVD 4, but I'm guessing the full-length will probably be on that "Best of" album.
Thank you so so so so so very much! My CD was delivered yesterday, my parents brought it over this morning. I'm now happily listening to Wish Star!!!!! Thank you Amazon.jp and relentlessflame, you deserve a cookie.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 14:35   Link #185
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanimationgirl View Post
I saw the anime episodes up to episode 4 I believe. It's so cute, I totally like it. =^_^=
Not sure that I can share the same feelings as you...

So far there hasn't been any character development at all. Also, the story doesn't seem to go anywhere...
<= Well, that's what I think.
Old 2006-12-31, 12:43   Link #186
martino
makes no files now

Episode 6...

Not much happening here either, but at least Mizuki got slapped, however nothing happened. This is what I hate! That completely forget about this stuff. At the start she didn't want to join the group, and now it's as if though she's forgotten about it...

Some screencaps from me:
Spoiler for She looks like Kaede!!!:

Spoiler for what's happened to the character designs?!?!:

Spoiler for one lucky guy...:

Spoiler for again...but he could turn his head a bit to see some more...:

Spoiler for taking it a bit too far...:

Spoiler for perhaps an ending spoiler...:

Spoiler for kawaii but wtf?!:
Old 2006-12-31, 15:30   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Not much happening here either, but at least Mizuki got slapped, however nothing happened. This is what I hate! That completely forget about this stuff. At the start she didn't want to join the group, and now it's as if though she's forgotten about it...
Well, it's not like she ever had a problem with the group, Tomohiro, or any of the girls, it's just that she has trust issues that they'll explain in more detail later. It'll all be explained in due time, as Mizuki is the main character that's developed over the course of the show.

And for what it's worth, those character design deformations are parodies. I've seen them used before as parodies in other shows, but the origins escape me at the moment. There are a number of similar parody shots throughout the middle part of the show.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 18:39   Link #188
martino
makes no files now

I know that they are parodies... I was just trying to portray it in a funny way and obviously failed.

They will have to try really hard in the next episodes to raise my overall opinion of this series...
Old 2007-01-07, 04:43   Link #189
eggplant
Eggplant

I just came back from the Lovedol screening event, featuring the unaired, DVD only Episode 13.
Spoiler for DVD proprietary Episode 13:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 21:29   Link #190
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is a hugely delayed reaction on my part, but I just wanted to say thanks to eggplant for the event and OVA impressions! I'm looking forward to it. I was going to say so last week, but I think I was in a hurry at the time and I forgot. I guess the attention of the forum has turned elsewhere (not that this was a very popular show around here to begin with), but I still enjoyed the show (especially once I figured out what they were trying to do with it). I think I have the first DVD waiting at home; I'll try to post scans when I get back.
Old 2007-01-15, 22:48   Link #191
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ah episode 13 is out? I wanna see I wanna see!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 01:25   Link #192
DanielSong39

I actually think this show could've used MORE music; I certainly would've enjoyed it more if it had JEM!-style music videos in the middle of the episode. I was spoiled by the initial concert, I suppose.

The concept was a very good one, but the execution could've been better - at least in the first 6 episodes. Somewhat let down... this show could've been a runaway hit, if done right.

But at least the manager turns out to be an admirable character; the best part of this show is when he turns down all the girls' advances.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 02:40   Link #193
Apostle_Kyon

If you can read Chinese, here's a group that fansubbed the entire series..
Apostle_Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 21:20   Link #194
Gains
Rain lover

WinD has released episode 7. Apologies for the delay, since we can't find Ayumi's song lyrics anywhere (and it's too bad, I personally like her song). Hopefully next ones will be faster.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 11:42   Link #195
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains View Post
Apologies for the delay, since we can't find Ayumi's song lyrics anywhere (and it's too bad, I personally like her song).
Yeah, it'll more than likely be released either on the "Best of" CD being released in a few weeks, and/or on one of the CDs that come with the LE DVDs. Finding lyrics to insert songs that haven't been released yet can certainly be a bit of a pain.

Speaking of the DVDs, though, here's the cardboard standie thing that came with LE DVD 1. It basically has the same design as the DVD cover.
Spoiler for DVD 1 "Desktop POP" (don't ask why they call it that...):
It looks like the designs for DVDs 2 through 7 will focus on one character at a time, with more original CGs by Aoi Nishimata.
Old 2007-01-25, 17:28   Link #196
DanielSong39

Not sure whether this show really qualifies as a romance - it's more at the level of "underage girls hitting on their manager and failing miserably".

Seeing these girls being shot down is probably the funniest part of the show for me.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:03   Link #197
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Not sure whether this show really qualifies as a romance - it's more at the level of "underage girls hitting on their manager and failing miserably".

Seeing these girls being shot down is probably the funniest part of the show for me.
Heh - well, yeah. I don't think "romance" really is one of the genres for this show, which is probably a bit of a play on the industry in itself, since "availability" is one of the (stereotypical) requirements for a new/young popstar/idol. The Drama CD that was just released definitely plays up on the "failing miserably to hit on their manager" bit; it's not really that he's that dense, but it's part of the job. Him getting romantically close to any of the girls puts him, the girl, and the company's reputation in jeopardy. Much to the girls' chagrin, though -- maybe the challenge is why they keep trying?
Old 2007-01-29, 21:07   Link #198
Apostle_Kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Heh - well, yeah. I don't think "romance" really is one of the genres for this show,
Agreed.. this series reminds me of "Girls High" in this respect.. just lots of eyecandy with a simple plot thrown in to make everything stick together.. no real romance. But hey, despite that I still enjoy it and really thank the fansub group for picking it up again.
Apostle_Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 07:29   Link #199
vivideyecrystal

I could only sit through the first three episodes of this series. Probably one of the most boring I've seen to date.
vivideyecrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:21   Link #200
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

I wonder how many people were finished Ep 13. Seems like I could be the second one.
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk