AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 67 53.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-06, 13:10   Link #141
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
lol, actually the most popular character in this series is touma. Cant find the chart but he's up there.

It might be tru about fan girls liking accelerator, we got one in here yukirosuzuka always post accel images in the image thread .... Sometime yaoi too
Hey, at least I put it under a spoiler tag and warn people about it. Whether they decide to click it or not is totally up to them.

Quote:
I'm in the camp that likes the new opening sequence.

For ONCE in the franchise (not counting the Railgun OVA, of course), the title song is not a dark, sad pulsating and downbeat song that brings a sense of sand bittersweet desperation.

Rather, it is an bright upbeat, positive, heroic and uplifting melody, to the backdrop of energetic day scenes that FINALLY brings forth the idealisitc heroism that defines the soul of the saga:

That caring, going out and making a difference with a brave heart and smile is worth a damn and the right thing to do.

Sorry for the rambling, but this is the most honest way I can express about how much I love this new Opening Song and Title Sequence.
"masterpiece" wasn't uplifting and energetic? It certainly isn't a dark song by any means, and it's quite catchy too.
Old 2011-02-06, 13:27   Link #142
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Since I'm not big Touma/Misaka fan, their scenes weren't that exciting for me but they did have some nice moments^^ I actually hope that Touma will stay obliviouse towards Misaka as he is mostly, I prefer him with some other characters more...
hmm
Spoiler for I agree:

Mikoto fans should just cherish this time that Mikoto is in full glory.

I prefer Itsuwa more and
Spoiler:

The episode itself did a great work on the pacing though I feel it kinda rushed but still keeping all things together and finished before the actual story starts is a good way to manage things.
Old 2011-02-06, 15:43   Link #143
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I really liked Accelerator's reaction to seeing the 3 women naked in the bathroom. O__O
Finally a real men.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:01   Link #144
Dahak86
Classics never age

He barely had any reaction... I wouldn't exactly call him "a real man".
(in the sexual meaning, at least).

Of course, during fights he's uber-badass and much better than Touma.
Old 2011-02-06, 16:32   Link #145
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Accelerator is just isnt interested in naked girls because he just too annoyed to care
Old 2011-02-06, 18:06   Link #146
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Accelerator is just isnt interested in naked girls because he just too annoyed to care
In all fairness the two adult women in that bathroom weren't freaked out about having a young boy walk in on them. I mean sure he's a kid but he's what? 16?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:07   Link #147
kitten320

Well considering that Accelarator is not a normal guy but with some brutal past, I'm not really suprised. Besides adults usually don't care if someone sees them
Old 2011-02-06, 19:43   Link #148
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

why 10032 pull off her gun and she declares?...

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 20:54   Link #149
Flere821
Lurker

In the novels, LO basically dared 10032 to do something about her goggles taken away - and 10032 delibrately took that as permission granted to attack the network adminstrator and took out her gun.
Though she was supposed to have a violin case rather than a school bag...

For me, I liked the visuals of the OP more than the music. And while I also grouched a bit for some parts taken out of the novels, seeing the humourous bits in all its animated glory more than made up for it. Best episode so far this Index Season.

10/10.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 20:57   Link #150
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
In the novels, LO basically dared 10032 to do something about her goggles taken away - and 10032 delibrately took that as permission granted to attack the network adminstrator and took out her gun.
Though she was supposed to have a violin case rather than a school bag...
Oh how there will be shooting possibly in the next episode If we are lucky... This can all be solved in a well-organized manner...

10/10, this episode is certainly refreshing, but then enthusiastic at the very end with the thrill that is to come.

The new opening itself, well... The music is not that bad, just a little awkward till 1 minute. But the visuals were certainly very interesting to watch indeed.
Old 2011-02-06, 21:39   Link #151
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
If kuroko fell for touma that would just ruin the whole series.
Not really. She is currently the most annoying character in Index for me. Dont think she can fall anywhere lower than rock bottom.

She could only improve from here. The best thing she could do to improve her image in my eyes is to die. Or disappear for ever. Either way works.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 21:46   Link #152
arkblazer

wow you really hate her that much dude?

while i did find her annoying at the beginning she kinda grew on me, not my favorite character by far though

also long time no see, didn't know you cared for this series bro.
Old 2011-02-06, 22:08   Link #153
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Service, service and more service.

I wish we had more Fukiyose. We get so many fun girls that simply don't get enough screen time, it's a shame.

Accelerator really knows how to walks in on girls taking a shower. Handled like a pro.

This has been said so many times on this forum but Arai Satomi is amazing. Without her, Kuroko simply wouldn't be as fun. And I laughed out loud when she kicked Touma in the head when they were taking the picture, didn't expect that, at all.
Old 2011-02-06, 23:08   Link #154
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Damn, Packers won the Super Bowl =(
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 00:08   Link #155
chaos_animagic

This episode is too awesome...

So many craziness than ever.

Also... I wonder if anyone did a count on how many "MISAKA" was said during that episode... LOL.

BTW, the ending... REVOLUTION IS ON!!!! Support the Revolution, break out your Loli Hunting Skills NOW!!!
(hmm... sounds like something Pedobear union might say...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:18   Link #156
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Great OP and a great episode. So a perfect 10 for this.

The OP song sounds like it has a techno element, and was sang nicely done. I like it. It's funny that they did include Touma's harem moments into it.

Besides, I'm glad to see Touma x Mikoto moments on the surface once again in this episode. It was a surprise that Accel wasn't "overreacting" when he accidentally went into the bathroom seeing them naked.

Dude! Madness is everywhere in this episode.

I miss the Touma Punch...

@Kami
Your avatar of LO is a LOL indeed.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:26   Link #157
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Not really. She is currently the most annoying character in Index for me. Dont think she can fall anywhere lower than rock bottom.

She could only improve from here. The best thing she could do to improve her image in my eyes is to die. Or disappear for ever. Either way works.
(Going OT)
Kuroko is certainly annoying as a character, but not when Arai Satomi is voicing her...that voice alone makes me wish Kuroko appears more in Index (Although, yeah, she's a minor character and will stay that way...)

As for Accelerator...well, his quest for a harem is just beginning
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:37   Link #158
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
(Going OT)
Kuroko is certainly annoying as a character, but not when Arai Satomi is voicing her...that voice alone makes me wish Kuroko appears more in Index (Although, yeah, she's a minor character and will stay that way...)

As for Accelerator...well, his quest for a harem is just beginning
True. Kuroko may be consider as a very annoying character in Index. Well, not to say the voice acting make it so, but her overreactions and her hatred towards Touma are one of the factors that makes some of the people get annoyed of it. Seriously, she really need to get rid of her petty madness and hatreds.

Accel's quest for a harem... What makes you think so?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 02:55   Link #159
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Seriously, she really need to get rid of her petty madness and hatreds.
And then, she wouldn't be Kuroko anymore...
Old 2011-02-07, 03:23   Link #160
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
True. Kuroko may be consider as a very annoying character in Index. Well, not to say the voice acting make it so, but her overreactions and her hatred towards Touma are one of the factors that makes some of the people get annoyed of it. Seriously, she really need to get rid of her petty madness and hatreds.

Accel's quest for a harem... What makes you think so?
Not an active quest, but thus far he has LO and:

Spoiler for LN 20+:

If he was Touma, he'd get Awaki too but she's into the younger ones and maybe he punched her just a little too hard for comfort.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote