AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 11:29   Link #1041
sa547
*Author

^
Their version of Manatsu no Feel Good?

From the usual newsblog (slightly NSFW):

This is the cover art of the DVD case... and surprisingly it's high-res.

And from that, while riffing on a certain series of decals, especially this, I came up with this:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-29 at 12:03.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 11:45   Link #1042
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I saw this cover on Amazon and I was dying for a hi-res scan. Thanks a lot. Also, this one is way cuter than the BD cover, and it has Chieri at the center to boot, I love it!!
Old 2012-05-29, 11:54   Link #1043
mochichan

I'm confuse..wouldn't Mimori be much better than Sonata in swim suit?

:P

Nice to see them promoting more at least.
btw. I really dislike their pink uniform. I rather they wear the Team 4 uniform from here.

Spoiler for uniform:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 12:13   Link #1044
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Nice to see them promoting more at least.
btw. I really dislike their pink uniform. I rather they wear the Team 4 uniform from here.

Spoiler for uniform:
At least, they could wear Team 4 uniforms only if they suceeded 75th generation members (like Acchan).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 15:17   Link #1045
Random Wanderer

Quote:
But then they wouldn't allow so much Kirara around AKB0048 if it's that much of a danger hazard..:\
Maybe they don't know about it. Maybe they need the kirara for some purpose, and judge that the sacrifice of one girl every once in a while is worth it. Maybe they know where the kirara take them, and they grab the girls and feed them to the critter in the shrine. Maybe the centers absorb the kirara and turn into some sort of godlike beings. Maybe there's time travel involved. Maybe the girls get recruited into a spec-ops portion of AKB0048 and go on top secret missions. Maybe DES snipers have been carefully blowing the brains out of every center the group gets, in order to demoralize the rest of 0048.

Maybe none of the above. I'm just tossing out theories for fun.

Quote:
I'm confuse..wouldn't Mimori be much better than Sonata in swim suit?
If you're referring to the Megami scan, I think they just grabbed the girls they considered to be main characters, and Mimori hasn't really been developed enough (character-wise) to qualify yet. She's just sort of... there. She's the sweet-yet-sexy member of the team. We know very little else about her, at this point.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 17:31   Link #1046
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Still Sonata should have gone for a one piece intead of Yuka.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:26   Link #1047
mechdra

Will wait for the high res scan.

I got more questions after watching this episode. Is the current Senbatsu the same as those 4 years ago? The way Yuuko and Kojiharu said it seems like they are diffrent people because they are still trainees back then. Why Akibastar is still intact? If they are the core of entertainment, DES would have destroy it. Is it me or Sensei Sensei is Veda from Gundam00.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:36   Link #1048
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post

I got more questions after watching this episode. Is the current Senbatsu the same as those 4 years ago? The way Yuuko and Kojiharu said it seems like they are diffrent people because they are still trainees back then. Why Akibastar is still intact? If they are the core of entertainment, DES would have destroy it. Is it me or Sensei Sensei is Veda from Gundam00.
All the 8 main successors of the story were there 4 years ago. Yuuko said not long after she became one Acchan disappeared. Yuuko and Kojiharu after her likely became successors not long before the concert 4 years ago, and then Acchan likely disappeared not long after it.
Old 2012-05-30, 00:13   Link #1049
mochichan

Quote:

Maybe Akibastar is protected by some law?
They said before that there's some planets under the regulation but others are free to entertainment so it might be situation of "you stay on your side, we stay on our side" and if AKB0048 decide to hold concert on a planet that banned music, DES attack them because they're breaking the law of that planet.
Old 2012-05-30, 00:16   Link #1050
Undertaker

Quote:
The line up is suppose to be AKB team huddle. Even the hand pose they did in the beginning was the same
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...h3p5o1_500.jpg

I think it's a sign to show that these girls are finally becoming an AKB trainee and will carry on the AKB0048 name.

btw~ love the refernce to Kasai Tomomi when Mimori was doing sexy poses lol

pheromones chiyuu~

tho i'm really hoping Okada would chill on the inside jokes for people that aren't AKB fans can enjoy it too lol I guess she's really an AKB fangirl...
Yeah Kasai reference was awesome, after all she is pharomon personified according to AkiP.

The Book of Tomochin is great as well, taking jabs at her two famous personal traits, the lips and her taste bud.
Old 2012-05-30, 00:22   Link #1051
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Why Akibastar is still intact? If they are the core of entertainment, DES would have destroy it.
Maybe they don't know where it is. Maybe it's too well protected. Maybe they realized that there's a slight difference between their police actions and starting an outright war. Maybe for some other reason.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:11   Link #1052
sa547
*Author

Spoiler for Some thoughts:

BTW, somebody updated the cast and staff list:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13805

Tsubasa's CV had previously played major roles in Initial D (Sayuki) and Vandred (Dita), while Ushiyama's (the DI) voice actor was also involved in Working!! (Satou) and Black Butler (Sebastian).

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-30 at 04:03.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 07:02   Link #1053
chaosprophet

On the main site for the show, they already listed the Volume 1 of the BD/DVD which has one episode (and Vol 2-5 will have 3 eps each). The interesting part is that both the BD and DVD lists the episode as "Stage 1 Director's Cut ver" plus it says the actual episode is 27 minutes long. This means the BD/DVD version will be around 3-4 minutes longer than the TV one.

My guess that extra time will be one extra music on the concert at the beginning, after the end of Aitakatta and before the enemy forces arrives.

Now I wonder if all episodes will have some extra minutes like that. On Episode 4 for instance, would be nice if we are to see the full Heavy Rotation at the beginning of the episode, instead of just seeing the start and then skipping it like happened on the TV version.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:35   Link #1054
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Maybe they don't know where it is. Maybe it's too well protected. Maybe they realized that there's a slight difference between their police actions and starting an outright war. Maybe for some other reason.
From the glossary on the official site:
Spoiler:

Basically, it's outside of the D.G.T.O.'s sphere of influence.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:45   Link #1055
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Basically, it's outside of the D.G.T.O.'s sphere of influence.
Thanks for translating the entries in the glossary!

The surface being reduced to ruins by war though, it seems to me that even though they aren't on D.G.T.O.'s sphere of influence, they likely need to defend themselves against many attacks from the DES and only haven't been conquered because they're strong enough to at least defend the planet. Although they likely don't have the power to conquer other planets and defeat the D.G.T.O., explaining why they need to go for guerrilla tactics.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:33   Link #1056
mechdra

If Akibastar is a reference to Akibahara, then it pretty much explaina lot. Akibahara being a high tech area probably is the same as Akibastar, a technologically advanced planet. With micsaber and a yandere deadpan glutton robot around, they are very high tech.

However, having only one city makes me wonder, how long more could they survive?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 09:44   Link #1057
sa547
*Author

How the city-state is really described, damn, sounds like Zion in the Matrix.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:52   Link #1058
Random Wanderer

Quote:
If Akibastar is a reference to Akibahara, then it pretty much explaina lot. Akibahara being a high tech area probably is the same as Akibastar, a technologically advanced planet. With micsaber and a yandere deadpan glutton robot around, they are very high tech.

However, having only one city makes me wonder, how long more could they survive?
Coruscant in the Star Wars universe only has one city, but it's the capital planet of the known galaxy. The city covers the entire planet, and stretches both miles into the sky, and miles below the ground. We don't know the size of Akibastar's city.

Also, given that it is in the absolute entertainment protection zone, if the DGTO went after Akibastar in force it would spark a war with more than just that single planet. If they're smart, they really would not want to do that.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:44   Link #1059
mochichan

..........Akibastar is actually underground? but they have...sky...or maybe it's artificial..wow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post

My guess that extra time will be one extra music on the concert at the beginning, after the end of Aitakatta and before the enemy forces arrives.

Now I wonder if all episodes will have some extra minutes like that. On Episode 4 for instance, would be nice if we are to see the full Heavy Rotation at the beginning of the episode, instead of just seeing the start and then skipping it like happened on the TV version.

ooooh~~ full Heavy Rotation....
Old 2012-05-30, 13:05   Link #1060
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
My guess is that the DES does not know where Akibastar is. They escaped in episode 2 by using a Kirara jump, if I recall correctly. Seems to be some sort of wormhole, and since Kiarara only provide special abilities when in the presence of an idol's aura, it is hightly unlikely that the DES has access to such technology.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime