AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-20, 15:52   Link #1581
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, this episode is much better. It's interesting to see how they added a few new subplots here and there compared to the manga. The evil influencing Alibaba, trying to goad him to hat Hakuryuu was not in the manga, but this could be a fun subplot.

The music in the beginning of the episode was.... weird though. It felt completely misplaced, something more at home in a story about Vegas.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 17:00   Link #1582
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ahahaha oh Sindbad. I feel sorry for him since no one has any faith in him at all.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 18:03   Link #1583
ChampDream
Alive

I wonder how many times that happen to Sinbad?
well the episode was ok, maybe except the music at the beginning for some reason it remain me of mario, also it make me wonder how Sinbad recruit all of his generals especially Mashur and Jafar.
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:39   Link #1584
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Throw my hat in with the "wtf was that music at the start?" group. Almost made me just skip over that whole opening segment which woulda been a shame since we at least got some nice Morg moments.

Still...The hell did that music come from. Can only hope it never shows its ugly self again ugh...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:47   Link #1585
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Well I hope they remove that song in the BD as it was totally out of place. But poor Sinbad, even his own vassals doubted him the whole way through.
Old 2013-02-20, 20:59   Link #1586
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's nice to hear Ono Kenshou in a role that actually gives him a chance to act - it's really been since Ghost Hound since that's the case (I assume he took time off for college before KuroBas).

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that BGM was crazy bad. Pretty solid ep, though as usual in anime, I think too little was made of what amounts to a really despicable deception (and forgiveness granted too easily) and too little was made of just how pathetic it is that Sinbad's own vassals would believe him capable of raping a young princess in a drunken stumblebum while on a diplomatic mission. I wouldn't mind seeing Aladdin as something more than the minor side character he seems to have been reduced to as well.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 21:52   Link #1587
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Dafuq was that cartoon music in the beginning? That was seriously odd.

How bad must Sinbad be with women if even Jafar and the rest of his gang didn't believe that he didn't touch Kou?

Favor: Did anything major happened at the end? My computer decided to hiccup and I lost the site....
Old 2013-02-20, 22:03   Link #1588
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Favor: Did anything major happened at the end? My computer decided to hiccup and I lost the site....
Spoiler for end:
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 22:14   Link #1589
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Spoiler for end:
OOOOH.
Spoiler:

Thank you! I was so mad when my computer did that.....
Old 2013-02-21, 00:34   Link #1590
EroKing

Old 2013-02-21, 00:47   Link #1591
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This would be the first episode of Magi where I didn't enjoy the content. That entire Sinbad and Kou Empire princess gag invoked in me the dreaded term all shounen-fans are painfully familiar with: Filler. Dun... dun... dun. That's two back to back sub-par episode although the previous one suffered from awful animation quality control while the content still remained enjoyable.

Is this anime turning out to be a cash-cow for the producers, or is this episode going to be a one-time fluke? I hope it's the latter.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 01:22   Link #1592
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Pretty solid ep, though as usual in anime, I think too little was made of what amounts to a really despicable deception (and forgiveness granted too easily)
It does prove that cute girls aren't the only people forgiven too easily, at least (something you take issue with, lol Moritani). Ordinary looking men are easily forgiven too. And them easily sweeping things under the rug does make sense in a way considering the time period; the world was a more fucked up place during ancient times and people doing screwed up things was more commonplace.

And count me in as apparently the only person who enjoyed the BGM playing at the start of this episode. It specifically made me think 'This is going to be a good episode,' actually. I found its highspiritedness appropriate for the mood, since Aladdin and Alibaba are both having a fun time playing around/training after the drama of Balbadd.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 03:15   Link #1593
MartianMage

One thing that really bugs me with the anime adaptation is the background music... a lot of the BGMs here are bad... case in point the opening part of this episode... what the hell is that?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 07:47   Link #1594
alluka

The music at the start reminded me of Charlie Chaplin, there's that song in the previous episode too, when Sinbad introduced the 8 generals. So weird. But the rest is decent.
And is it me, or is the comedy somehow awkward at times?

Anyway this episode really made me want to hug Kougyoku. She's such a nice girl, and that spit at the end
Old 2013-02-21, 08:20   Link #1595
Ayumi08
Neko Lover

I am with those who found the bgm less than appealing which really stood out in the most distracting of ways at the beginning of the episode. I really wonder what is happening to the bgm direction in this anime.
Ayumi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 09:14   Link #1596
EroKing

Old 2013-02-21, 10:57   Link #1597
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
How bad must Sinbad be with women if even Jafar and the rest of his gang didn't believe that he didn't touch Kou?
he wasnt called the playboy of the 7 seas for nothing.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 11:01   Link #1598
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I enjoyed the brief glimpse of Sinbad's past we were shown. I'm dying for a spin-off featuring him. There is a lot to be told about him.

The episode was ok, though it did feel a bit filler-ish. Kogyoku was very cute as usual.
Old 2013-02-21, 12:45   Link #1599
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I enjoyed the brief glimpse of Sinbad's past we were shown. I'm dying for a spin-off featuring him. There is a lot to be told about him.

The episode was ok, though it did feel a bit filler-ish. Kogyoku was very cute as usual.
I wouldn't mind a spinoff of Sinbad either.
Old 2013-02-21, 15:12   Link #1600
ookamigirl

Aladdin learning something new about magic again.
Well, it's about time he harnessed his full potential.
Alibaba learning how to fight properly.
Little visit from the Kou empire royalty was interesting.
That princess totally lost it when she saw Sinbad LOL
Well, no wonder since she went through his naked drunk phase.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen