AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-06-24, 23:29   Link #41
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

I think KOTOKO is great. I only became interested her when I saw the Troubled Windows OP flash animation that had KOTOKO's Sakuranbo song. And then I found out she was the one who did the Onegai songs and was like, "Hey, I like those too!" Although I actually want more high energy stuff like Sakuranbo, I still like KOTOKO.
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 05:28   Link #42
sunsilk

KOTOKO has been my favourite since last year. She has been writing majority of I've's music. I like the song "Eclipse" she wrote sung by Kawada Mami. Well, my fav tracks of KOTOKO are "I Can't Get Over Your Best Smile", "Re-submility", "Kohaku" and "Shooting Star". I hope for more stuff of hers. She deserves the thumbs up!
sunsilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 19:34   Link #43
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Been a fan ever since i a friend introduced me to her love anything done by her her Onegai songs were but there are soooo many more but my fav has to be Re-submility from Kannazuki no Miko
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:11   Link #44
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
ME! I LOVE Kotoko-san! Her voice is so lovely to listen to! Kotoko's best work has to be from Kannzuki No Miko, but I can't decide which I like more-Re-sublimity or suppuration. I love Agony too...
Old 2006-01-13, 17:19   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Personally, I prefer her bluesy stuff ranging from the ED of Mahou Shouju Tai to a lot of the work on -hane-. I wish more JPOPers took edgier routes (Ua is a non-anime singer that comes to mind as doing some interesting stuff ... Yuria is somewhat like KOTOKO in that she has that melty-moe little voice but can switch gears into more full-throated stuff.
Old 2006-01-13, 19:17   Link #46
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that YURIA can actually sing on pitch -.- (Listen to just her vocal part in the Shuffle Game OP remixed by Blasterhead)

Anyway, I think KOTOKO's voice seems to me to be a mix between Kawada Mami and SHIHO's voices, plus an added 'moe' factor which can be heard a lot in stuff like Sakuranbo Kiss, etc.

Frankly, it seems that more and more I listen to her music because of the timbre of her voice as an instrument along with the rest of the I've Sound mix.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 12:42   Link #47
shiro83

Sometimes when I listen to her songs, her voice sounds like Kawada Mami.
She is a talented singer. Slow, fast songs are of no problem to her.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 15:28   Link #48
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
KOTOKO-tard reporting in.

I fell totally in love with KOTOKO since 3 years back when I watched Onegai Sensei and Onegai Twins. Shooting Star and Second Flight was on my regular listening everyday. Plus the work she did on Kannazuki no Miko....... damn....

In fact, now I'm highly anticipating Shana's new OP, done by KOTOKO herself.
Old 2006-01-18, 00:38   Link #49
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

I remember posting here before the wipe but guess I'll do it again Yea I found her from that Azumanga Princess Bride flash.

She's doing the new Shana OP? Don't watch that show but might get an ep just for that song I can't wait to hear it
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 02:37   Link #50
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

To answer the forum's topic, "Any Kotoko fan here?"

My response is...who ISN'T a Kotoko fan?

Gotta love 'er
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 04:41   Link #51
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Actually, I think she is overhyped for her singing <.<;; She does write some interesting lyrics, though...
Old 2006-01-23, 22:06   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I just find it kind of fascinating when so much volume and range comes out of such a small thing as KOTOKO

Often times a singer (both J-pop and American-pop) may be quite astonishing in skill but their handlers keep wasting their talent with one octave "ooh baby" junk. J-pop is really bad about over-ladling the strings and odd tunes where a really edgy opening shifts to something that sounds like it escaped from the Lawrence Welk Show. Example: Lia (the vocalist on the AIR OST) has a pretty amazing voice but I visit her site and sample the tunes? Most of it sounds like "the worst of martini bar piano singing".... just no use of her talent. Hopefully she has an album with more stretch in it I can find.
Old 2006-01-24, 03:41   Link #53
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Often times a singer (both J-pop and American-pop) may be quite astonishing in skill but their handlers keep wasting their talent with one octave "ooh baby" junk. J-pop is really bad about over-ladling the strings and odd tunes where a really edgy opening shifts to something that sounds like it escaped from the Lawrence Welk Show. Example: Lia (the vocalist on the AIR OST) has a pretty amazing voice but I visit her site and sample the tunes? Most of it sounds like "the worst of martini bar piano singing".... just no use of her talent. Hopefully she has an album with more stretch in it I can find.
Yeah, Lia just isn't really Lia without I've Sounds or Key. I would suggest getting her singles from Key Sounds Label, or some of her songs from I've Sound. Light colors, the opening song for Tomoyo After came out remarkably good in my opinion. There's also enigmatic, which was only sold at Comiket. It basically is her singing on top of a nonstop mix of trance-like songs. But yeah, most of Prismatic sounds like rehashed cheesy JPop.
Old 2006-01-24, 03:51   Link #54
kitsura
King of Brave

I listened to her songs from the Kannazuki no Miko OP. Basically nothing fantastic. I'm of the opinion that if you've heard one of her songs, you've heard them all.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 15:46   Link #55
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that YURIA can actually sing on pitch -.- (Listen to just her vocal part in the Shuffle Game OP remixed by Blasterhead)
Really? From what I heard of YURIA ("Aozora", "See You Again", "Album", "Plastic Smile") her voice is rather on-pitch (plus, her voice has a lot of character and that awesome vibrato). I do realize that "pitch perfect" is a great tool that can correct even the most muscialy impaired individual, but it doesn't make sense that just one track would be off. Not that I don't believe you, but still...
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:22   Link #56
frad113

Quote:
Frankly, it seems that more and more I listen to her music because of the timbre of her voice as an instrument along with the rest of the I've Sound mix.
I wholeheartedly agree on the so-wondeful "yuria-timbre". When I go on tour to Japan (and that's bound to happen sooner or later - hopefully sooner ) I want to play a few shows with her. Then I could tell you whether she really is on pitch or not.

EDIT: Check this out, it's live and she's relatively on-pitch.

Last edited by frad113; 2006-02-07 at 14:43.
Old 2006-02-11, 18:11   Link #57
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

Lia's music has a lot of songs that kick ass. For instance, the entirety of Prismatic is pretty win.

Does anyone have a tracklisting for the new I've Girls Compilation 6: Collective?

Specifically the artists for each track would be nice to have. I got it, but my kanji reading abilities are sadly equal to zero...
Kainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 22:09   Link #58
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
EDIT: Check this out, it's live and she's relatively on-pitch.
"Relative" is the key term here. She doesn't sound like some of the people on American Idol, but she doesn't sing better than some of the punk rock singers I've heard. Though, she does get props for playing the guitar...
Old 2006-02-12, 07:05   Link #59
Vide
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainy
Does anyone have a tracklisting for the new I've Girls Compilation 6: Collective?
Code:
Tracklist:

1. EIKO - Automaton
2. KOTOKO - Abyss
3. Mami - IMMORAL
4. KAORI - Do You Know The Magic?
5. MOMO - philosophy
6. KOTOKO - We Survive
7. MELL - Permit
8. KOTOKO - Lupe
9. SHIHO - Kiss the Future
10. MELL - Egen
11. KOTOKO - Imaginary affair
12. Mami - Eclipse
13. KOTOKO - Trust You're Truth ~Ashita wo Mamoru Yakusoku~
14. KOTOKO - Collective
EDIT: Corrected the name of the first song. My apologies.

Last edited by Vide; 2006-02-14 at 06:23.
Vide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 13:36   Link #60
frad113

Quote:
Though, she does get props for playing the guitar...
That's probably the thing that did it for me...