AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 07:58   Link #1
hitman#1

Cool Who's into Metal

If your a Metal head respond to this thread. Do Metal is probably on of the best types of music out there right now man. Li ke Iron Maiden, Children Of Bodom, Lamb of God, In Flames, Trivium, Slip knot, or any type of metal My favorites are Children of Bodom, and Iron Maiden. You tell Me Peoplecool:
hitman#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 10:05   Link #2
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Talking pon

Well, i wouldn't say i like what you like, and i'm not a "metal head" ( well, i like hardcore but that's different) but my question would be ( don't take it personnally. ^^) : What are you doing here? I mean, Jpop or anime music is almost the opposite of the style of the groups you mention. Like, cute, clear, joyful, or sometimes sad, moving, or a bit slow, but very very rarely violent. Recently, the only bit "noisy" tune i can think of is the ending of Akagi, and some of Bleach's themes, but... that's definitely not "metal". lol

Maybe you meant are you a metal head, when you're not watching anime / listening to OST, or something like that?

Anyway, i wonder if this thread may not look a little

Let's let the mods decide.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 11:58   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Well, i wouldn't say i like what you like, and i'm not a "metal head" ( well, i like hardcore but that's different) but my question would be ( don't take it personnally. ^^) : What are you doing here? I mean, Jpop or anime music is almost the opposite of the style of the groups you mention. Like, cute, clear, joyful, or sometimes sad, moving, or a bit slow, but very very rarely violent. Recently, the only bit "noisy" tune i can think of is the ending of Akagi, and some of Bleach's themes, but... that's definitely not "metal". lol

Maybe you meant are you a metal head, when you're not watching anime / listening to OST, or something like that?

Anyway, i wonder if this thread may not look a little

Let's let the mods decide.
There are some bands that make metal or what they do is considered as metal, like Animetal from Kenshin soundtrack.

Regarding your last comment, there might already be a thread related to that topic, but I am not sure. And general music seems to be also considered as allowable in this section.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 12:34   Link #4
drizzts_death

I'm a metal head. Love all metal except that depressive nu-metal crap. I'd really hate to be my neighbour, I pretty much have Metal blasting 24/7.

fav bands are: Amon Amarth, Children Of Bodom, Lamb of God, In Flames, Therion, Wizard, Moonsorrow, Norther, Einherjer, Ensiferum, fintroll, manowar, blind guardian and wintersun.

Anyone know any good japanese metal?

Oden! Guide our ships,Our axes, spears and swords,
Guide us through storms that whip, And in brutal war!
drizzts_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 13:12   Link #5
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am a metalhead, although these days I listen more to anime OST music. Probably because most of the times I listen to music in the middle of the night when metal would just make me increase the volume and wake up the neighbours.

Favourite bands - Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Iced Earth, Kamelot, After Forever, Nightwish, Evergrey, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, etc

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 14:44   Link #6
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Cool Mercury's message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
There are some bands that make metal or what they do is considered as metal, like Animetal from Kenshin soundtrack.

Regarding your last comment, there might already be a thread related to that topic, but I am not sure. And general music seems to be also considered as allowable in this section.

As usual, thanks for your wise explanations, Sazelyt.
Actually, i'm not really into Kenshin, so i didn't know about Animetal...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 15:11   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
As usual, thanks for your wise explanations, Sazelyt.
Actually, i'm not really into Kenshin, so i didn't know about Animetal...
Their two songs in that album are metallish hard rock that smells like anime. If I remember correctly, there were speech parts in those songs which looks as if they are from the anime (the character's voice was very similar to the character-Naruto's voice), and that is what I meant by the comment "smells like an anime".

I now checked the name of the songs, they are Shukute and Juppon Gatana. The album is "Kenshin Best Theme Collection". I also saw that I missed their other song in the album, Towa no Mirai, since it was a rather soft-rock song. In my opinion, all those three songs are good songs.

I don't know Animetal's other songs, but it is possible that those three can be considered as good examples of popular Japanese metal (hard-rock). If anyone is interested in or knowledged in this area, I would be glad to hear their opinions.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 17:30   Link #8
Jaden

I like some metal, yeah...not really into the hardcore stuff, mostly symphonic type of metal.
Favourite metal bands would be Kamelot, Nightwish, Rhapsody, and Deathstars.
Old 2006-04-21, 18:10   Link #9
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
/raises hand/
I'm mostly into power, prog and goth.
My favorites are Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Ayreon, Therion, Epica and Freak Kitchen (those guys are AWESOME, check them out =D).
Children of Bodom kick ass, I wanted to go to their concert, but I didn't have a ride T_T;
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 19:29   Link #10
Cythraul

The problem with Animetal is that no one in the metal circles cares about them. Have their albums even been released outside Japan? I mentioned some of my favourite Japanese metal bands in the first half of this. It doesn't really go far in terms of describing Japanese metal scene (I left out some big names simply because I don't care much for them) but it's a start.
Cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 20:20   Link #11
Sword

Hmmm I'm pretty much a Metal head too ^-^
currently listening to the more aggressive Metal, like In Flames,
Nevermore, Hypocrisy, Cryptopsy, Amon Amarth or Wintersun...

and a lot more \m/
Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 15:15   Link #12
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman#1
If your a Metal head respond to this thread. Do Metal is probably on of the best types of music out there right now man. Li ke Iron Maiden, Children Of Bodom, Lamb of God, In Flames, Trivium, Slip knot, or any type of metal My favorites are Children of Bodom, and Iron Maiden. You tell Me Peoplecool:
Hi im Suw and I'm a Metal Head. Love all kids of metal. In Flames and System of a Down is my favourite bands, they just rock
But still, i like a lot of anime songs, and just plain rock
Old 2006-05-17, 17:27   Link #13
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
I used to be a metal fan (Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc.), but I grew out of it (fortunately or unfortunately - that's not for me to judge ). Now, if it's not sung in Japanese, I can't listen to it . Except my band of course, but that's another story... [shameless plug] link below [/shameless plug]
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 21:46   Link #14
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
I'm a classic metal fan--Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Motorhead--a 1980's hair metal fan--Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Def Leppard, Skid Row, Warrant, Dokken--and a straight-up metal fan--Metallica, Megadeath, Queensyrche.

...I'm one of the only metal-heads I know, really. They're beginning to fade away, aren't they?

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 09:46   Link #15
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I'm into progressive metal and rock and stuff like that. Dream Theater are my favourite band, and some of their metal stuff is pretty good.

Metallica and Symphony X I listen to a little. Ocationally I want to hear insane shredding and put on one of the couple of Dragon Force albums I have. I also go through random Metallica phases every few months :P

frad113: bass lead bit in MCR ftw :P
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 23:24   Link #16
frad113

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
frad113: bass lead bit in MCR ftw :P
If I only knew what "ftw" was...
Old 2006-05-30, 11:38   Link #17
i am the walrus

eh metals not really my thing. but i cant ignore when a metal band has an awesome guitarist. i have a buddy who loves in flames so i listen to them sometimes and i dont like them like he does but its gotta be so damn hard to play some of that stuff. i do like some old metal, although i dont know much. paranoid and iron man by black sabbath good stuff. new metal i dont like very much. stuff like lamb of god or cradle of filth is not for me.
i am the walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 08:29   Link #18
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
If I only knew what "ftw" was...
"for the win"
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 17:43   Link #19
frad113

Thank you kindly (although I'm not on bass ). Come see us when we play in London.
Old 2006-06-05, 19:41   Link #20
Zechs Merquies
Lightning Count

Send a message via AIM to Zechs Merquies
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzts_death
Anyone know any good japanese metal?
There is a jap metal band called Romantic Gorilla, its insane, but thats the only jap metal i have so check them out.
Zechs Merquies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metal