AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 13:18   Link #13641
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Back two chapters, Moka let us know that she had learned English when she was young from her mother, making her bi-lingual. It would only make sense that Moka's mother is at least European/Western if her name is Akasha Bloodriver. Which would make Moka's legal name Moka Bloodriver. *shivers*

Moka most likely just took the name of her mother to make it her last name so she could attend a Japanese school. But apparently, Akasha did not approve of the darkness that Count Shuzen has immersed himself in, along with the two elder daughters. I'm willing to bet that Akasha also tried to treat Kahlua as 'normal' as she could, despite everything.
Old 2010-04-09, 13:22   Link #13642
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... I only have one last thing to say:

I'm staying out of all these theories until we get at least another chapter or two to confirm and deny any of them. How can I do that without going crazy? It herlps I'm pretty far behind on chapters and have tons of other stuff to read, but that's another story

I'll see you guys in a few weeks once all the theories off of this chapter have calmed down... (I'll still be around, just not really posting much)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:23   Link #13643
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That would be too dark and too sad. It certainly makes a nice twist, but it's mean to do something like that to sweet Moka.

It certainly is viable though.
But it certainly does give Tsukune a huge chance to come in and be the shoulder that Ura-chan cries on when she remembers. He could throw in a few lines like "It's not your fault" or "Your mother would love you no matter what" and Ura-chan will be putty in his hands in no time.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:36   Link #13644
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
But it certainly does give Tsukune a huge chance to come in and be the shoulder that Ura-chan cries on when she remembers. He could throw in a few lines like "It's not your fault" or "Your mother would love you no matter what" and Ura-chan will be putty in his hands in no time.
Well, you're right that such development could certainly speed up the development between Moka and Tsukune, though that depends on how Ura-chan is going to react to that. I mean she could snap like what she did during her childhood or try to separate herself from everyone in her depression. So, I don't know if it's going to be a bad thing or a good thing.

It's certainly true that Moka is considered a special pedigree among her siblings and so far it hasn't been revealed why she's considered in that way. Well it's probably gonna be revealed soon, probably along with what exactly happened between Akuha and Moka, since I think Moka's "specialness" is directly related to what happened after she has met her eldest sister for the first time.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 14:52   Link #13645
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think we should use a different word in place of "pedigree" here but I can't think of anything.
Old 2010-04-09, 16:09   Link #13646
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Is lineage or specimen the sort of word you're looking for?
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-09 at 17:17.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 22:59   Link #13647
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Lineage would be the proper word to use! Very good! lol.
Old 2010-04-10, 05:34   Link #13648
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Specimen for the strongest youkai women that can produced the strongest youkai would probably be Fairy Tale's main goal.
Old 2010-04-10, 05:58   Link #13649
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Now if his wife was Siu-Kwan that would have been funny as hell.
Heheh, yeah. Be even more amusing if there was a guy with a buck tooth...
Old 2010-04-10, 08:52   Link #13650
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for MizKur:

Needs more fanart
Old 2010-04-10, 14:25   Link #13651
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Specimen for the strongest youkai women that can produced the strongest youkai would probably be Fairy Tale's main goal.
Depends, its not yet completely clear what Fairy Tales' overriding goal is, whether it's to try and breed stronger Youkai, or whether it is to break all the barriers between the worlds and submerge the world into a new world war and order where the strong survive (which actually seems like the sort of world a traditional vampire would like, so perhaps that really is the goal of Daddy Starbucks).

Im slowly beginning to find myself either hoping Moka's mum is in hiding, or dead by Akua's hands, some of the other possibilities/theories floating round are too cruel for my liking, not to mention the effect they could have on Tsukune/Moka's slowly deepening overall dynamic.

Now I'm not saying any revelation will completely pass the characters by regardless of the outcome, but the possibility Moka's mum could be kept as breeding stock, or was accidentally killed by Moka would be a rather cruel twist of the plot, and may well affect the group dynamic, same with the idea floating around that O.Moka is part of Akasha. I could accept that Akasha's influence or supressed memories of her might have had an affect as an embodiment/memory romanticisation, or an influence on the appearance or creation of the O.Moka (the Seal limits and affects the personality and memories as well as power, ergo it might be reflecting a combination of innermost memories, feelings and personality traits, this is possibility), but again the effect on the group dynamic could be profound if Moka was not 'just' Moka, and I'm not sure if the twist would take the story somewhere I really want it to go.

Now the author could pull this to break Tsukune/Moka apart and leave a Harem ending, but as I've said several times, I really do want a conclusion to the romantic subplot at some point; even if its the final scene of the manga being a sillouette of the two getting married, finally actually getting that elusive kiss in, a scene showing a closeup on a wedding invitation, or something equally obvious but left to the last moment, as long as it is conclusive!

Also, we know from Jack Frost that Tsukune and Moka share a destiny (together), we also know from <wrinkly dark one who's name forever escapes me> that Akasha had a burden of some kind.
Is it possible that this is linked, and Moka may take up her mother's burden with Tsukune's help; I mean we don't know what burden this is, it could be she was clairvoyant and knew she would die to protect her daughter or have to abandon her, it could refer to some sort of order, it may refer to some sort of upper-class monster directly below the Greater Demons who maintain the barriers between the worlds at all costs, we simply don't know, but that burden could mean many things (and on top of that, I severely doubt Akasha was a nobody for Daddy Starbucks to take up with her, given what we know about the family and the way it operates already, I think Akasha was likely a pretty powerful and influential being in her own right).

I also wonder if Moka will eventually end up taking up the surname Bloodriver to discern herself from her family, or to honour her mother, if her full memory/psyche is restored, what the significance is of the different name?
From the fact Moka's mother spoke English/taught Moka we could take a guess she is either from England or another country with English as a strong second language (many European countries or the US). Now, Moka's current surname, Akashiya, could well be an honourative name, taken up when Moka went to the human world (Bloodriver isn't exactly a name that would have fit into human society afterall).
Parental/lineage-based naming conventions (Akasha ---> Akashiya, Jack ---> Jackson, Peter--->Peterson, Oluf--->Olufsen etc) have been reasonably popular in European history, and especially regions like Scandinavia, so we could further take this as co-oincidental evidence pointing towards Akasha' possible origins as being European, in combination with her presumably strong command of English.
Of course the different name could just be cooincidental in this regards and mean something completely different, or not even be explained.

Also, presuming it turns out Bloodriver IS in fact Moka's correct and actual surname, if Moka and Tsukune finally do manage to screw all the slightly loose bolts down and get it together, I wonder if Tsukune will take up her surname rather than her taking his, not just for the sake of Moka's pride, but also, lets be fair, Tsukune and Moka Bloodriver sounds like a family name that would work in the monster world
There has been the odd hint that one day Tsukune will need to chose a world/society to belong to, rather than spending his time being a twilight being of both the Human and Youkai worlds. Given everything that has happened, I think the Youkai world would be a natural choice for him, he arguably has more to lose and more important to him on the Youkai side, as exhibited by his choices. There are also other basic things like how the **** would he explain a lot of the changes his body is experiencing to a human doctor if he ever needs to see one?? Just not gonna happen, he's connected to the Youkai world now possibly to a deeper level than even he realises.
Of course that doesn't rule out him taking up a role that allows co-existances as part of both worlds in the future, such as some sort of border enforcer or diplomatic tie between the two, but really that's PROBABLY outside the scope of this manga being honest!

Hoping the new chapter comes out relatively quickly, this last one really does seem to have left more open questions than we went in with!

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-10 at 18:44. Reason: typo/slightly better explanations of WTF I was talking about!
Old 2010-04-10, 18:12   Link #13652
xeon921

Gah, another month to find out more!!!

Well, I am really curious now as to why Outer Moka looks identical to her mother and Akuha looks like she's going to be pretty badass.
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 20:03   Link #13653
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think if Fairy Tale has many founders, I thin all of them have alternate motives, breeding the strongest Youkai, taking in strong people that would side with them youkai or not to conquer the human world and making a harmonious living amongst humans and youkai's.

But I guess since there's always a good youkai in R+V there will be always someone who wants to have the co-existence of the human world and youkai world.

(LIKE THEY DID IN SEASAME STREET!!! LOL)
Old 2010-04-11, 00:50   Link #13654
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Fairy Tale are building up an army to topple human civilization, and so far they seem to have quite a bit behind them, because even the Shuzen family decided to back them. This may not be an easy thing for Tsukune to defuse unless he somehow manages to either crush FT or take it over, and redirect their energy into something useful. But somehow it may come about that there may be a link between FT and the issue of Moka's mother. How, or what that is has yet to be plausibly linked though.
Old 2010-04-11, 05:33   Link #13655
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can you imagine her actually being the leader? Vampires are a prideful race...and it was never stated that Kiria leads FT, just that he's connected to them.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 06:12   Link #13656
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I don't think Moka's mum would be the leader, simply because I can't see a male vampire patriarch playing second fiddle to a woman, no matter how strong (well unless Daddy Starbuck's dead haha). Also from the tiny bit we've seen of the mum, she doesn't exactly seem the type, especially not compared to the likes of Akua.
Also, it was mentioned Akasha was friends with the <wrinkly dark lord>, if she wasn't dead or completely exiled/vanished, I'd also expect him to know at least a little more about what was going on; he seems relatively shrewd and yet even he doesn't seem to know what has happened to her, whereas by contrast the rest of the Shuzen family doesn't exactly seem to be hiding per se (Kokoa and Moka are both out in the open at the Academy, and the others are 'out and about').

Still possible though, as I said earlier Im starting to hope she is dead or vanished rather than anything else, because a lot of the other possible outcomes could be quite cruel or serious 'spanners in the works'. Also you're right, it specifically showed Kiria's rank at one point, and it was something along the lines of Lieutenant, I don't think it's ever been suggested he's the leader of FT.

I really hope the author has this section of the story well planned, he's raised a lot of questions we'd like answers to.
Old 2010-04-11, 15:15   Link #13657
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Can you imagine her actually being the leader? Vampires are a prideful race...and it was never stated that Kiria leads FT, just that he's connected to them.
I bet the leader might be Aqua...but not sure, Kirai is like the guy that knows what's behind everything and has his own secrets and agenda's, until the next chapter arrives that's all I can say.
Old 2010-04-11, 16:27   Link #13658
xeon921

I do not think that Moka's Family are the lead bunch of Fairy Tale. Kahlua let us know that the Shuzen Family has decided to fully support Fairy Tale which means at one point they had nothing to do with Fairy Tale.
Old 2010-04-11, 18:37   Link #13659
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Well, it really depends, that could be taken one of two ways, either that they have joined up with Fairy Tale after it formed, or if, now this is a big hypothetical if, D.Starbucks/Akua may have been involved in the organisation for some time, and it may be a case they have only just persuaded the others to join them (or if it was Akua, she has only just persuaded Daddy Starbucks to lend the organisation the full support of the family).

Seriously hypothetical ground there though.
But...given how things have gone so far, I'm not ruling out possibilities.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:29   Link #13660
xeon921

I agree completely, it can go a number of different ways.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire