AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-06, 09:54   Link #601
textureheap

You can still download the 19-20 torrents from baka-u... but the scary tracker reports them as invalid. Wait and see, toybox will come through for us.
Old 2007-11-06, 10:10   Link #602
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I thought toybox disbanded? They said it a while ago and their website has been changed into an invalid youtube video..
Old 2007-11-06, 10:46   Link #603
textureheap

They moved over here:
http://www.toyboxfansubs.com/

They recently released 17-19 just over a couple weeks ago.
Old 2007-11-06, 11:00   Link #604
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

O, that is cool. I just went to the old site, lol. A youtube video labled cocks that was removed...
Old 2007-11-06, 15:09   Link #605
hpdeskjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Did they give a reason for the recall? I havent seen subbed 16-19 and I feel really sad and upset about it. Could anyone be kind enough to give me a brief discription of each episode?
I can't keep quiet anymore. There was a joint between toybox and sekai and it was cancelled. The one we see is actually toybox's script, slightly edited probably.

Apparently, two of sekai's people used those script in their releases - Darkjug and Kai. Others people of Sekai or Ainex is not awared nor involved. I saw toybox and sekai people talking in irc and the releases are withdrawn after the talk.

Rather then calling them thieves or something. I think Toybox is being slow, really slow... so I may understand why... However, I think its still lame and irresponsable. Isn't translation suppose to be done in a day or two?
Old 2007-11-06, 16:32   Link #606
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdeskjet View Post
Rather then calling them thieves or something. I think Toybox is being slow, really slow... so I may understand why... However, I think its still lame and irresponsable. Isn't translation suppose to be done in a day or two?
Well, there's nothing irresponsible about it... since people are just doing this in their spare time, they can take as long as they need, and the rest of us need to wait. Real life always takes priority.

All this stuff about failed joints and stolen scripts is just too much drama for my tastes... it's like high school all over again.
Old 2007-11-06, 21:24   Link #607
hpdeskjet

I do not see it as real scripts stealing, since the scripts must had been once shared. Rather than using some hours translating, those people decided to bring the messes to their own group. This is what I call irresponsable .
Old 2007-11-06, 22:10   Link #608
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Someone above forgot to post a couple of important points

Spoiler:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-11-07, 06:47   Link #609
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
I thought toybox disbanded? They said it a while ago and their website has been changed into an invalid youtube video..
The youtube video has been fixed. Thanks for bringing this issue to the Toybox web administration staff.

edit: Also note my elite CGI programming skillz.

Spoiler for toybox.shin-getter.net:

Last edited by Supersonic; 2007-11-07 at 07:03.
Old 2007-11-07, 06:58   Link #610
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdeskjet View Post
I can't keep quiet anymore. There was a joint between toybox and sekai and it was cancelled. The one we see is actually toybox's script, slightly edited probably.

Apparently, two of sekai's people used those script in their releases - Darkjug and Kai. Others people of Sekai or Ainex is not awared nor involved. I saw toybox and sekai people talking in irc and the releases are withdrawn after the talk.

If it's true, then thanks for the explanation. I guess hearing why makes me less sad about the recall of the releases.
Old 2007-11-07, 08:28   Link #611
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
The youtube video has been fixed. Thanks for bringing this issue to the Toybox web administration staff.

edit: Also note my elite CGI programming skillz.

Spoiler for toybox.shin-getter.net:
That is from animesuki's directory. Just clicked their link.
Old 2007-11-07, 15:35   Link #612
chupacabra

20-21 has been release from toybox, have fun
Old 2007-11-07, 15:40   Link #613
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabra View Post
20-21 has been release from toybox, have fun
Dang! And I have to wait until I get home from work to download them.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:22   Link #614
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Quote:
That is from animesuki's directory. Just clicked their link.
Their link is incorrect then. Toyboxfansubs.com has been its own site for almost a year now.
Old 2007-11-07, 18:57   Link #615
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Then maybe that should have been conveyed to anime suki.
Old 2007-11-07, 19:19   Link #616
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It should have been, but I read it in this thread and fixed it 15 hours ago. It hasn't been a problem since post #608.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-07, 20:29   Link #617
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

When I said just licked their link, I meant that is how I got to that site. Not that I had justed check the ink at that moment(611)
Old 2007-11-08, 22:15   Link #618
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Just saw episode 21

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2007-11-09, 09:06   Link #619
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Awsome job tToybox. They released 22, 23, and 24.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:20   Link #620
mdauben

Quote:
Awsome job tToybox. They released 22, 23, and 24.
Actually, according to their website they have only released through ep 21. It looks like Sekai and another group named ainex have just released 22-24. I don't know the facts about all the back-stage drama between Toybox and Sekai, but just judging by the quality of the one Sekai-sub of Mamioru-kun I did see, I'll still be waiting for Toybox to release their genreally supperior product (and hopefully I won't have to wait too long! )
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs