AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 22:35   Link #1281
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
2) Still no punishment for players who quit warzones, continuing to make a warzone that your team starts to lose very difficult to fight back from as you go through character after character joining and quitting looking for a quick win.

3) Coupled with it being very easy now to get very few medals on the losing team and I suspect we're going to see a bump in the percent of players constantly quitting games. For the record, I hate quitters.
I never quit. Even if we're losing with only 5 people on our team, I fight to the bitter end.

Not like there's major penalties for losing, your rewards just aren't as good. I only do it for the credits and exp, anyway. Once my merc hits level 50, I suspect I'll be on Ilum a lot.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:59   Link #1282
Nixl

Have not been following this game for a while,

Are they still intent on shackling the Legacy system to alts?

I just do not know where they are going with it anymore. I assumed that Bioware were going to try and make it a defining feature of TOR. Now, it appears like a puff of smoke. I assume they have not changed it by much and the the feature still only targets those that make alts. Why not include endgame PVE and PVP bonuses or unlocks? It is not like PVE gear is all that hard to attain.

At this point, I think they probably should have worked on endgame PVE and PVP more instead. Better yet, work on those goofy tier sets.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 03:56   Link #1283
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I never quit. Even if we're losing with only 5 people on our team, I fight to the bitter end.

Not like there's major penalties for losing, your rewards just aren't as good. I only do it for the credits and exp, anyway. Once my merc hits level 50, I suspect I'll be on Ilum a lot.
Ilum is dead.

Though I admit, with the amount of servers, it's possible my server is not representative of Ilum. I can't even remember the last time I went there to pvp.

Had a few great battles in the first month of the game, but even then the majority of the time people were trying to get you to stop fighting so they could get their dailies/weeklies done (which I ignored, and always scrapped together a raid to kill all the people who thought it was great standing 10 feet away from each other trading nodes back and forth). Was always hilarious as I'd gank someone who stood there going 'stop, you're not supposed to fight on ilum, because Bioware is fail'. LoL. Enjoy your long speeder ride back, sissy.

Getting raids together to camp the opposing base and their speeder terminal was always fun for laughs as well. Too bad they nerfed that (though entirely understandable).

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would do warzones primarily for the credits and xp. :/ Even winning, the rewards in terms of credits/xp per hour are really bad. I mean, sure, my alts basically level via warzones, but that's because there's no xp off feature, so that's the only way I can really 'twink' them and get any benefit from doing so since leveling gets real slow via warzones.

As I wait for rated warzones, I spend most of my time on my Vanguard 'twink' who has 15000 hp, 60% damage reduction, and almost 700 base weapon damage, and 33% shield chance. As a tank. God, it's going to be boring doing all her story missions at once when I get to 50.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 11:16   Link #1284
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ugh, I'll never have the credits to play a Mal Sith Inquiz Hell its hard for me to stick with one class already. I keep juggling between my SW,TRP,JK,IA.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:48   Link #1285
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good lord... The Trooper really got the prot pally Vindication nerf treatment... So here's to not playing SWTOR until next expansion! lol

On a more serious note, why on earth did they nerf CM/BH heals so hard? We weren't crazy in that aspect before, it was all Gravspam iirc.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:57   Link #1286
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Good lord... The Trooper really got the prot pally Vindication nerf treatment... So here's to not playing SWTOR until next expansion! lol

On a more serious note, why on earth did they nerf CM/BH heals so hard? We weren't crazy in that aspect before, it was all Gravspam iirc.
They nerfed everyone's heals.

I think they went a bit overboard, but they did it because quite a few players were boasting about PvE content being too easy. So their response was do an across-the-board nerf to healing and make medpacs only usable once per fight.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 07:06   Link #1287
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...lol. Well, that's a first. How about make the mobs hit HARDER rather than screw heals? After all, I hear this broke PVP as well.
Old 2012-04-15, 07:09   Link #1288
Tokkan

Quote:
...lol. Well, that's a first. How about make the mobs hit HARDER rather than screw heals? After all, I hear this broke PVP as well.
Retuning mobs is more work than nerfing classes, I'm afraid.
Old 2012-04-15, 08:15   Link #1289
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'd like the consumption nerf to be undone, its ridiculous.
Old 2012-04-15, 09:25   Link #1290
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Retuning mobs is more work than nerfing classes, I'm afraid.
I'm pretty sure increasing numbers is a notepad thing.
Old 2012-04-15, 09:40   Link #1291
Tokkan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure increasing numbers is a notepad thing.
No no, they're just lazy and don't want to change as many records. Easier to change 20 or so things about class abilities than it is to retune 800 or so different mobs, especially considering BioWare's MO seems to be rushing things out (they don't even allow pre-made 50s or transfers to the PTS and expect new 50 content to have been properly tested). You can't rush mob balance without an incredibly high risk of breaking the game, so they take the easy way out and just apply the balance to the player characters instead.
Old 2012-04-15, 09:56   Link #1292
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
No no, they're just lazy and don't want to change as many records. Easier to change 20 or so things about class abilities than it is to retune 800 or so different mobs, especially considering BioWare's MO seems to be rushing things out (they don't even allow pre-made 50s or transfers to the PTS and expect new 50 content to have been properly tested). You can't rush mob balance without an incredibly high risk of breaking the game, so they take the easy way out and just apply the balance to the player characters instead.
Except that breaks everything as well... LOL

Ah well, I'm not giving EA any of my money for messing up ME3, and too bad that SWTOR takes the brunt of it.
Old 2012-04-15, 09:59   Link #1293
Tokkan

Quote:
Ah well, I'm not giving EA any of my money
This is a Star Wars game, 80% of its revenue goes directly to George Lucas.
Old 2012-04-15, 10:25   Link #1294
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
This is a Star Wars game, 80% of its revenue goes directly to George Lucas.
I'm not inflating their subscriber numbers then
Old 2012-04-15, 13:17   Link #1295
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

PVP doesn't concern me.

I sped through Beta at the end to level 25 on Tatooine. I've been playing much more slowly this time around. While I'm a slightly higer level now, I've not quite caught up with my Beta progress yet. I'm just getting out of Anchorhead now, while in Beta I was skipping quests and mobs into the Sand People areas to confront the local mad jedi (Jedi Sage path).

I also have a smuggler, but I've not played him much yet.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:17   Link #1296
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So there's a hilarious Rakghoul Event occurring on Tatooine right now, which you can hear as a news feed on the Fleets. It's basically like the ghoul event before WotLK shipped.

Too bad I just get my ass beat if I head there.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:45   Link #1297
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Bullshit... PvE content isn't "too easy" it's " too lazy." The 1-50 grind felt really well-tuned with healing where it was, it's endgame that sucks big slimy donkey balls. Hard modes are stupid. The tokens are stupid. Everything about SWTOR's endgame smacks of a company who stopped paying attention on how to make a good MMO since 2006.

I've said it many times and I'll never stop saying it: they used too much WoW and not enough KOTOR.
Old 2012-04-15, 17:29   Link #1298
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Bullshit... PvE content isn't "too easy" it's " too lazy." The 1-50 grind felt really well-tuned with healing where it was, it's endgame that sucks big slimy donkey balls. Hard modes are stupid. The tokens are stupid. Everything about SWTOR's endgame smacks of a company who stopped paying attention on how to make a good MMO since 2006.

I've said it many times and I'll never stop saying it: they used too much WoW and not enough KOTOR.
They didn't even use enough WoW if that's what they were going for. Like you said it looks like they stopped looking at MMOs since 2006, the genre, WoW included has changed a bit since then.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 19:39   Link #1299
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

The fight balance feels really off in many cases. I like the new fights but there really seems to be a big gap in difficulty from fight to fight.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:47   Link #1300
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But I'm immune to Rakghouls. Even was usued as a test subject on Taris.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows