AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 03:54   Link #1941
Enternal

I just don't get it... damn you Kurome!! Chelsea may have killed Bors but she did not desecrate his body unlike you!!

And Tatsumi is broken... 3 strikes...

I'm glad how Mein have Chelsea's ribbon now. When Schere died, part of her remains in the teigu and stays with Night Raid. When "Johnny Bravo" died, parts of him stayed with the Night Raid through Tatsumi who now uses his teigu. Now Chelsea stays with them through the hair ribbon with Mein...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 04:17   Link #1942
galdr

About Chelsea's Teigu:
I think only the box is destroyed. The make up tools seems intact.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 13:09   Link #1943
solomon

This manga has nothing revolutionary but it does all this tired material SO WELL. I was actually excited when Chelsea did the hit job even though YOU KNEW it was gonna be a flub.

Characters feel more real too I guess it's cause they are more "even" than other shonen/seinen action joints where they feel flatter. And the violence is viceral thanks to ACTUALLY MENACING VILLAINS.

I HATE THESE MONTH LONG WAITS MAN!!!!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:37   Link #1944
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I HATE THESE MONTH LONG WAITS MAN!!!!
Join the club
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:20   Link #1945
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
Join the club
It's really getting packed these days, huh?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:26   Link #1946
Tenchi Hou Take

Man this the perfect horror popcorn type manga, not really horror but you get the same sense where you know almost everyone is gonna, it's just a matter of how and who survives. Makes it all the more enjoyable and exciting. Also the fan reactions make all more worthwhile, almost as good as the manga itself. I can't hold all these feelings.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:19   Link #1947
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
It's really getting packed these days, huh?
yes, we are almost out of spots. Damn!!
Old 2013-01-21, 18:58   Link #1948
waffler

dang in the extra chapter somewhere in the last pages tatsumis got the rape face xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 01:19   Link #1949
orangejuicetang

I've seen some pretty um... passionate comments the past few pages, and especially on the way that Kurome killed Chelsea, but after rereading the chapter, I doubt that Kurome would have gone that far in killing Chelsea if Chelsea didn't pretty much tell her that she had already killed Bors. As somebody else pointed out a few pages ago, the whole reaction over Chelsea's death was extremely ironic, since Kurome reacted in much the same way as a lot of the readers. Or to note:
'She said both targets, assassinations complete just now'->'she already killed her other target'->'SHE MUST HAVE KILLED BORS'->'SHE MUST DIE. SLICE HER TO BITS'
If you look at the page where she makes the realization, you can see that she's pissed off and enraged, and just wants revenge. I feel like if Chelsea didn't mention that she had already killed Bors, I doubt that Kurome would have killed her in such a brutal way. Perhaps she even would have captured her instead of killing her. But of course, Chelsea did mention it, and Kurome did go berserk and probably wasn't thinking very calmly.

Hence how I see the cycle of revenge thing becoming clearer and clearer, and I'm not even sure a Tatsumi/Edsese link would be able to stop it, considering the losses that already happened and the emotions and rage that was born from those losses within the respective groups. With 2/3 deaths already occurred on each side, a peace between the two groups is probably near impossible, and it'll just get even harder as more team members die.

Also, on the revolution. It's blatantly obvious that the empire is terribly corrupt and a shitty place to live, but I'm unsure that the revolution will be any better. This is partly due to the fact that there hasn't been any appearance by any groups of the revolutionary army apart from Night Raid combined with the general crappy and negative world the manga seems to take place in, I'd give it a 50-50 between the Revolution being everything it's described as (i.e. justice and wonderful things for everyone) and just a continuation of what's already been happening with new faces in charge. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the first half of this manga was about overthrowing the empire, than for a few chapters everything looks hopeful, before the Revolution/new government tries to eliminate Night Raid to 'hide their dirty deeds' as well as turning out to be just as corrupt, causing the second half to be focused on overthrowing them. Of course, this is mostly just idle speculations about the numerous possibilities that could occur, so there's a pretty good chance that what just ran through my mind just now won't happen.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 02:02   Link #1950
Bombo
TSF Fans

From my PoV ... I think this manga very dangerous for readers health ....
I will join with the club too ..I HATE MONTH TOO
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 03:01   Link #1951
galdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Perhaps she even would have captured her instead of killing her. But of course, Chelsea did mention it, and Kurome did go berserk and probably wasn't thinking very calmly.
If Chelsea got captured, she will end up being tortured/raped to death. Got her head chopped off is mercy in comparison. >_>

The only thing that will change if Kurome is clear-headed, she will probably deal the killing blow herself so she can get a new zombie.
Jaeges and NR are enemies, there is no way Kurome will give any mercy. Chelsea was just unlucky she didn't die by the first strike.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:54   Link #1952
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
If Chelsea got captured, she will end up being tortured/raped to death. Got her head chopped off is mercy in comparison. >_>

The only thing that will change if Kurome is clear-headed, she will probably deal the killing blow herself so she can get a new zombie.
Jaeges and NR are enemies, there is no way Kurome will give any mercy. Chelsea was just unlucky she didn't die by the first strike.
No, the only one she will show mercy to if she is not too pissed is Tatsumi by the order of the General.
Old 2013-01-23, 14:23   Link #1953
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Y'know with this series I feel like no one is safe, it's somewhat refreshing to read a manga where the author isn't afraid to kill off characters.

But still Bors then Chelsea is a bridge to far, I feel like I got kicked right in the feels.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 15:06   Link #1954
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

The irony to this ^ is that the character the fans want to kill off, doesn't die!

As long my big busty lion gal is alive, I'm good. Though she needs a better power-up, her power-set is pretty low tier compared to the others.
Old 2013-01-25, 23:59   Link #1955
waffler

i wonder if tatsumis talent is gonna explode due to the rage he got from chelseas brutal death
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 04:03   Link #1956
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
i wonder if tatsumis talent is gonna explode due to the rage he got from chelseas brutal death
So sad that she died. I wanted more of her.

Damn...
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 04:13   Link #1957
NeutralZero

As long as their name is not Tatsumi or Akame, its best not to be attach to them... (Even Esdes... too bad...)
They don't have that much of a plot armor or whatever it can be called but even the two are not immune to ending deaths...

Last edited by NeutralZero; 2013-01-31 at 04:17. Reason: add on...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 16:29   Link #1958
Ghanw
(-_-)

But if the title is taken in literally it could mean Akame dies but i dont know what the author means with the title.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 16:31   Link #1959
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
But if the title is taken in literally it could mean Akame dies but i dont know what the author means with the title.
The title means "The Red Eyed Killer" meaning by the title alone Akame would be the last to die xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:50   Link #1960
OverSeer
Inactive Member

So, what gives??

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!