AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-07-31, 23:45   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's an interesting question, and I'm not sure for these specific cases. Based on the recent Bokuten situation, though, I get the impression that it wouldn't matter, as Steam claimed it contained sexual content involving a minor even though Mangagamer claims that there isn't any such content even in the full 18+ version. This sort of misunderstanding (assuming it's not a willful misrepresentation from Valve) seems only likely to happen if they're not relying on ages stated in the story but just on visual evidence and judgement calls. (This is besides the point that Steam claimed adult content was in the files hosted at Steam and just unlocked, although Mangagamer maintains it was never even in the Steam files at all, so the veracity of the claims is already in question in that case...)

In the light novel examples discussed, though, certainly there are cases where it's not ambiguous and they state outright that the characters are kids (e.g. Shiro in NGNL). Maybe they could artificially age the characters up by some narrative device or statement, but if the standard is based on someone's judgement of appearance it probably wouldn't matter. (It seems clear in the LN cases that the issue is the illustrations rather than anything in the text anyway.)
I can totally see the people responsible for checking these stuff (or AI) to just look at the images instead of reading through the book.
It is unfortunate that even in 2020, there still are people that see these things so shallowly, the whole "Oh, anime fanservice. This is hentai!" mindset.

Reminds me of my friend telling me that Sony is trying to strengthen their censoring of Eastern/anime games and only those games (and not Western ones).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 03:11   Link #22
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
People don't like having to install multiple different apps/programs that each have their own fragmented selection of purchases.
Obviously. That's why I stated competition in the sense of being able to get all the content from more than one source. It's not really competition when your customers have to go to both you and your competition to get what they want. Maybe in some strange sense of the word.

As far as I am concerned, Steam has no competition. Netflix has no competition and Playstation has no competition. Each of them has exclusives that force me to go to them, should I want those exclusives. That's the antithesis to competition. I want a real competitor, that has all the content, so the platforms have to compete over how good the platform is.

We're at the same point movie studios and cinemas were in the past, were studios would own cinemas, so they wouldn't show movies from other studios and instead fill the time with B-movies. That was stupid and it took a law to force them to behave themselves. I think we need a law now too, to sort this out. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a law prohibiting platform holders from having exclusives? So all the movies in existence could be watched through Netflix. And Amazon. And all the other streaming services. And all the PC games could be bought through Steam. And Epic. And whoever else wants to give this a shot. Then the platforms finally would have to compete on being a platform.
Old 2020-08-01, 11:49   Link #23
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
Obviously. That's why I stated competition in the sense of being able to get all the content from more than one source. It's not really competition when your customers have to go to both you and your competition to get what they want. Maybe in some strange sense of the word.

As far as I am concerned, Steam has no competition. Netflix has no competition and Playstation has no competition. Each of them has exclusives that force me to go to them, should I want those exclusives. That's the antithesis to competition. I want a real competitor, that has all the content, so the platforms have to compete over how good the platform is.

We're at the same point movie studios and cinemas were in the past, were studios would own cinemas, so they wouldn't show movies from other studios and instead fill the time with B-movies. That was stupid and it took a law to force them to behave themselves. I think we need a law now too, to sort this out. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a law prohibiting platform holders from having exclusives? So all the movies in existence could be watched through Netflix. And Amazon. And all the other streaming services. And all the PC games could be bought through Steam. And Epic. And whoever else wants to give this a shot. Then the platforms finally would have to compete on being a platform.
about "steam" to be fair, the issue about "not competition" is not because they "have exclusive stuffs" is more because they "are old" enough and have "less restrictions" than news ones, for exemple we have epic trying to compete with steam, giving free games each week and buying "exclusives" like crazy but they still far behind steam because they have a "very exclusive/selective, system to "accept new games" for exemple they don't allow any "sexual content"(ofcourse only for small indies and companies) in they plataform, then any game like that which is not a big one like let's say cyber punk or the witcher or big companies like cd project and others will be not allowed because of they "rules", even with the "less" fee to apply your game in epic still make steam more "used for developers" another problem which some of my friends told about epic (which are developers) which they selection of games is really much strong not only for "sexual content" but in general, many peoples try to apply they games in epic but most of then are not accepted because epic have tha "only what they seems as good games" will be allowed in the plataform.

this is one of the reasons whi steam still ruling, because with all that crap steam still being the "most developer friendly" out of there, followed by the cd red project plataform (forget the name) and by friendly i means which they have more "tolerance toward the content of your game than epic, they will accept almost any game as long you pick up with the "rules" which are much less limited than epic.
Old 2020-08-01, 20:49   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post

What does the Playstation have exclusively?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 21:27   Link #25
LKK

That's enough off-topic, everyone. Back to the thread's topic. Thank you.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote