AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-11-19, 14:18   Link #581
LostSome

Swim Swim just made an enemy of Cranberry. I don't think she'll last long now.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 14:38   Link #582
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

They were to careless, they got the hit but didn't make sure Winterprison was down for sure and that mistake costed them one teammate.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 15:17   Link #583
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also, might I just add how Top Speed is best girl? (and is very likely to die next episode as well)
Best girl and best wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Don't think she'll die before realizing the mistakes she made...at least that's what I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
They were to careless, they got the hit but didn't make sure Winterprison was down for sure and that mistake costed them one teammate.
The whole plan was careless. And it all stems from Swim Swim's twisted ideal of becoming like Ruler.

But man, each episode gets stronger, and each are edgy in their own way.

Also, doubt Calamity Mary will live past the next episode...she was wild from the start, but this time she crossed the line.
Old 2016-11-19, 15:49   Link #584
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The whole plan was careless. And it all stems from Swim Swim's twisted ideal of becoming like Ruler.
Nope, the angel revealed herself before making sure Winterprison was down while still confused, by revealing herself she screwed up and allowed Winterprison to take a swift action that costed her life.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 16:37   Link #585
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Its a full on murderfest now, and who knows who will fall next. It makes for exciting stuff, but damn if it isn't dark. Also, I find weird, its Mary, and not the actual fan of magical girls, the one who says something cute before transforming, even if its just out of a twisted sense of humour.

Damn it, Top is actually a waifu, and a very cute one at that. Looks like her motive to reach majority of age is nobler than expected. Unfortunately, that could make the next episode(s) quite tough to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
It's either her or Alice, since they're going to attack the girls going to help, that is, her and Snow. By the way, all things considering, Koyuki is holding on better than expected. For now.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 17:11   Link #586
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Damn it, Top is actually a waifu, and a very cute one at that. Looks like her motive to reach majority of age is nobler than expected. Unfortunately, that could make the next episode(s) quite tough to watch.
Don't know...considering how the scene with Top's real self was constatly focusing on her face. The one time it showed more of her, her back was turned towards us.

Basically, they're trying to hide that she's pregnant until a later episode, but the hints are there
If that's the case...then that leads to the question: how does the magical girl transformation work, considering her case situation?
Old 2016-11-19, 18:13   Link #587
Yamada II

Episode 8

This episode was something. Winterprison gets stabbed but she doesn't die just like that. She takes Yunael along with her. Swim Swim then finishes the job. This was all Nana's fault. She was blinded by her ideals that she went over to the group which just recently killed its own leader. She even went to nekoing Calamity Mary to tell her not to be a bad girl. If not for Winterprison, she would have been killed ages ago.

The newly formed team of good girls just lost there bodyguard. Now who will protect them from everyone? Nana is sure to be effected big time by this death. Will she turn towards the dark side or will her ideals prevail? Koyuki is also going to be effected since her new party doesn't have its fighter anymore. Who'll protect her now? She will now have to fight if it comes down to it.

Also, what is up with Fav's selection criteria? How on earth is an alcoholic woman who doesn't care about her own family and beats her little daughter, suitable to become a mahou shoujo? This only confirms the purpose behind making these girls magical.

As expected, Mary wants to kill Ripple. The two escape but Mary starts blowing up cars to lure them back. She ends up getting a lot of magical girls coming her way.

We get Winterprison's past right before she dies, we get Mary's background, and we get Top Speed's real world life. And she's married which means the six months thing has got to be pregnancy.

I didn't quite expect Winterprison to die. Although I did expect her to take out an angel at least. Now who'll die? Top Speed has a death flag. One of Swim's teammates can also die too here if she gets on Mary's radar.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 19:36   Link #588
Irenesharda

Well, Calamity has gone nuts and she's more than likely next on the chopping block.
At this point all the Magical Girls are going to go insane.

Top Speed is definitely pregnant. There's a reason they are specifically only showing the top of her. But I'm scared of this killing her off. Would they have the guts to kill a pregnant woman like that? I really hope not.

Winterprison and one of the angels have been killed off, and Cranberry is going to be gunning for Swim Swim. Though, will Nana get her first? Or will she kill the other angel?
So much death, this series.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 19:45   Link #589
Dark Wing

Well to start off it really was hard to watch as Winterprison died and Na Na was powerless to stop it. At least she took one of her killer down with her. Now that has lost the love of her life who knows what she'll do now?

Snow White and Alice have teamed up to save the innocent people who are now at the mercy of Calamity Mary. Little do theu know of the true danger that lay ahead with team Swim Swim sti out for blood.

Speaking of Calamity Mary as iy turns out she was a bitter drunk long before becoming a magical girl. It's really interesting how her and Top Speed both having similar occupations but be on totally different ends of the psychological scrotum. One being bitter and unhinged while the other happy and well adjusted.

As for Ripple and Top Speed I will brace myself because I don't see both coming out of this unscratch.
Old 2016-11-19, 20:47   Link #590
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Saori Hayami is such an amazing actor. Just rewatched this episode for a second time and man that scream she gives after Winterprison gets stabbed was so heartwrenching. She really was the lynchpin for that entire incredible scene:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-11-19, 21:08   Link #591
rladls2121

Seeing most of Magical Girls are now both physically and mentally unstable, at this rate there are more chances of Magical Girls will be less than 8.
Really, what is happening right now is what Fav really wanted?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 21:55   Link #592
VDZ

One thing I'm not seeing anyone here mention was the information on the second eyecatch this episode. They always show information on a magical girl in the top half and her real-life counterpart on the bottom half. But for Cranberry, the 'real-life counterpart' is Fav. What does this mean? Is Cranberry just part of the system rather than a normal human? Is Cranberry the mahou shoujo form of one of the admins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Quote:
Well, I remember wishing that someone would happen to one of them, to break their creepy symmetry.
The plan itself was great. Even the execution was initially great - Winterprison was incapacitated and Nana didn't resist. But as always, the Peaky Angels didn't take it seriously enough and half-assed the job, stopping the attack before they were certain their victim was dead. (It might even have been intentional to rub it in before killing her, considering their personalities.) At that point Swim Swim should've finished Winterprison herself, but either she underestimated Winterprison or she overestimated the Peaky Angels.

Swim Swim did eventually finish her properly, but it was too late. In the end, losing one of the angels was not worth it to defeat Winterprison considering the chances of them getting into a fight wasn't all that high. I hope at least the surviving Peaky Angel learned from this and starts to take things seriously.

Quote:
Also, might I just add how Top Speed is best girl?
That's not Swim Swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
Also, what is up with Fav's selection criteria? How on earth is an alcoholic woman who doesn't care about her own family and beats her little daughter, suitable to become a mahou shoujo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Seeing most of Magical Girls are now both physically and mentally unstable, at this rate there are more chances of Magical Girls will be less than 8.
Really, what is happening right now is what Fav really wanted?
It seems all pretty intentional. Fav even remarks that Mary was selected to increase the friction between the magical girls.

Also, the name of the next episode was something like 'New Rules'. I very much doubt the limit will stay at 8.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 22:43   Link #593
Wandering Soul

So Top Speed is actually a wife and a sweet one too. By now it's pretty clear that she's pregnant. I honestly want both Ripple and her to make it out of this, but I doubt that will happen.

Swim Swim doesn't realize it, but Cranberry has now set her sights on it.

Calamity Mary has definitely lost it and it looks like a couple of the magical girls will have to take her down.
Old 2016-11-19, 23:47   Link #594
Peanutbutter

Wow, the plan to take out Winterprison and Nana was actually simple, quick and direct, and almost succeeded. At least Winterprison took out of one as well. Hadn't felt anything from the deaths so far, but her death was heart-wrenching. Nana's reactions and the flashbacks played a part. (Though I'm surprised Nana just walked away like that, and Team SS didn't pursue her.)

And Calamity Mary being like that, and chosen to be a mahou shoujo. Wow, that's twisted. Maybe this whole "Raising Project" is a trap by itself. I really hope there'll be some explanation of what's actually going on. If it's just something set up by Fav and Cranberry, it sounds too simple.

And the real battle royale begins. Who'll get the next kill? Who will be left standing in the end? Now, this is intriguing. I see so many death flags, I dun even think the 8 who gets to remain matters at this point.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 01:13   Link #595
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Wow, the plan to take out Winterprison and Nana was actually simple, quick and direct, and almost succeeded. At least Winterprison took out of one as well. Hadn't felt anything from the deaths so far, but her death was heart-wrenching. Nana's reactions and the flashbacks played a part. (Though I'm surprised Nana just walked away like that, and Team SS didn't pursue her.)

And Calamity Mary being like that, and chosen to be a mahou shoujo. Wow, that's twisted. Maybe this whole "Raising Project" is a trap by itself. I really hope there'll be some explanation of what's actually going on. If it's just something set up by Fav and Cranberry, it sounds too simple.

And the real battle royale begins. Who'll get the next kill? Who will be left standing in the end? Now, this is intriguing. I see so many death flags, I dun even think the 8 who gets to remain matters at this point.

They only need 1 more to die and they're "done". Swim-Swim just made an enemy of Cranberry so she's going to be killed even when they get down to 8.

Calamity Mary needs to go. However, I bet it's going to be Top Speed.
Old 2016-11-20, 04:02   Link #596
Yamada II

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They only need 1 more to die and they're "done". Swim-Swim just made an enemy of Cranberry so she's going to be killed even when they get down to 8.

Calamity Mary needs to go. However, I bet it's going to be Top Speed.
They need two more and then they're "done." So far six have died. And this is the first time two girls have died in one week. And now, collecting candies doesn't even matter anymore. Girls are dropping out by being killed. The last one to die because of number of candies was Ruler and even she was set up by her own underlings.

I was hoping Nana died because of how blinded she was by her ideals but guess this will serve as a wakeup call for her. And Top Speed has the biggest death flag on her head, though it wouldn't be surprising if Calamity Mary starts killing the other girls reaching the scene.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 04:06   Link #597
Sides

Nice episode. I like how winterprison smash one of the twin's skull into pulp. Not sure if it was self censoring, but they never showed yuna's head...
Hopefully get get more kills next week.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 04:27   Link #598
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yep everyone's completely bonkers in each of their own ways. Swim Swim clearly lacks empathy with her own inferiority complex.

I fully expect Sister Nana mindbreak within the near future. Hopefully she realizes that her own ignorant naivete is the reason Winterprison got killed in the first place. As for Top Speed, well, death flags aside she also should have known she shouldn't have engaged in potentially hazardous activities if she was pregnant.

The next episode will likely be the climax of the series. Calamity Mary vs. Top/Ripple, Cranberry vs. The Swim Team, with everybody else caught in the crossfire.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-11-20 at 04:41.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 08:38   Link #599
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well I got my wish alright. And I'd sort of wondered how one's death would affect the other. I figured they'd shut down or turn either suicidal or homicidal, or some combination of these. Looks like the third is the strongest. Sadly, the survivor is the one whose power is the ability to turn into inanimate objects. While this CAN be used very effectively in battle with a little care, it's still not as useful as her little sister's. Big sis can't actually fight while she uses her power; all she can do is hide or let someone use her to fight. Also, that was a rather brutal way to go, getting slammed into a wall hard enough to crush the back of her head.

As for Nana, I don't think we need to wonder whether this'll effect her in a particular way, they already showed us that she's suffering a very serious breakdown.

Finally, the "group" may have lost its number one fighter but they don't have to worry THAT much, since they have another fighter who literally won't stay down. Alice came close to destroying Mary, I think she'd be rather effective in battle.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 09:11   Link #600
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Also, that was a rather brutal way to go, getting slammed into a wall hard enough to crush the back of her head.
She got Oberyn Martell'd

But in seriousness, I consider this to be mercifully kind compared to the way they killed Winterprison. The back of the head contains the brain stem. She was probably killed almost instantaneously.

However, for Minael having to watch that, helplessly. I can't help but pity her.

Tags
battle royale, magical girl, mahou shoujo, tragedy