AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-11-27, 16:16   Link #661
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Koyuki at least though of souta in a romantic way once when she was with her friends in the bus talking about boyfriends, she didn't get to the conclusion of her feelings well because the guy died but I think she did really like him in a romantic way.
Yea I think she started crushing on him before his death after the whole white knight speech. They just never got a chance to really explore their feelings for each other.
Old 2016-11-27, 16:38   Link #662
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Speaking of awkward, I think the whole alliance felt really awkward to me.
Maybe it all started with how Magicalroid became acquainted with Sister Nana in the beginning.
And then Snow White joining Sister Nana after La Pucelle's death, i felt really strange how Sister Nana still treated Magicalroid as one of her comrades.
At that time Winterprison might have felt something was off, but did not say a thing to Sister Nana afterwards.
Many things between these four: Snow White, Sister Nana, Winterprison, and Hardgore Alice trusts unity at the end were not really clear.
Winterprison really was too silent and stoic at times. Possibly she didn't tell Sister Nana to not trust Magicaloid, because she couldn't bear to burst her girlfriend's naive bubble. And she didn't warn anyone about Cranberry so that they would get killed, and her love would be among the eight survivors. As for Alice and Snow White, they were rather thrown together by circumstances, and forced to trust each other to stay alive. Winterprison might not have minded if Alice had killed Snow White, again so Nana could survive. Nana really was far too clueless to trust everyone so much though.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 17:16   Link #663
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Winterprison really was too silent and stoic at times. Possibly she didn't tell Sister Nana to not trust Magicaloid, because she couldn't bear to burst her girlfriend's naive bubble. And she didn't warn anyone about Cranberry so that they would get killed, and her love would be among the eight survivors. As for Alice and Snow White, they were rather thrown together by circumstances, and forced to trust each other to stay alive. Winterprison might not have minded if Alice had killed Snow White, again so Nana could survive. Nana really was far too clueless to trust everyone so much though.
Yeah I think Winterprison is just as much to blame as Sister Nana. She knew that Swim Swim was planning a trap and she knew that Nana was too naive but she didn't have the confidence to say anything. Maybe if she had they would both be alive still?
Old 2016-11-27, 21:05   Link #664
rladls2121

So it wasn't just me that Winterprison didn't speak her mind when she could.
When I think about it, La Pucelle didn't know and informed anything about Cranberry.
If only he actually knew Cranberry is that dangerous.

Snow White also trust others more than usual, what might have happened to her if Alice didn't save her from the angel who can turn into an object?
That smile really fooled Snow White.
Then there's Tama, Snow White didn't really know what to think of her doesn't she?
Sister Nana wasn't there to help to the very end.
Right, Snow White's impression of Swim-swim's group might have been already decided if Sister Nana told Snow White what happened in the Shrine.

There are other things to say like Sister Nana's PTSD, and death of the people who are unrelated but I'll stop here for now.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2016-11-27 at 21:18.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 21:49   Link #665
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Sister Nana had generally good ideals, but she was overly trusting of other people and didn't really try to discern likely friends from likely enemies/exploiters.

Sister Nana and Winterprison could have forged a mutual protection group of sorts, including Snow White, Alice, Top Speed, and Ripple. They could have made a point to look after each other against the more violent Swim Swim team, and the violent Cranberry and Calamity Mary. It wouldn't have stopped the deaths, of course, but it might have kept them being based on candy collection, and it might have maintained some measure of peace between the magical girls, at least for a time (I suspect things would break down some once Fav came out with "Now only 4 survivors!")

Basically, Sister Nana refused to see the evil or violent tendencies of some of her fellow magical girls, undermining what positive impact she might have otherwise had. But yes, Winterprison does deserve some blame here, as she wasn't as naive as Sister Nana and was probably a better judge of character than Sister Nana was. So Winterprison could have told Sister Nana that her ultimate goal was truly pie in the sky idealism with no chance of being achieved, but something lesser and of some value could have been achieved if the pair focused on the more peaceful and/or conventional magical girls.
Old 2016-11-28, 00:15   Link #666
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sister Nana had generally good ideals, but she was overly trusting of other people and didn't really try to discern likely friends from likely enemies/exploiters.
I think it's also because she didn't have to. You can tell that the likes of Nana and Snow White didn't experience much conflict in their lives. For them to be able to keep holding that sort of naïvety to such an extent, someone had to work for it. It never occurred to either of those girls that Winter Prison and La Pucelle were just as much in danger as they were, if not more due to the refusal to get their hands dirty for their ideals.

An odd contrast to this is Ripple who has a strong sense of justice but also a short fuse, and Top Speed who has been through a lot and as a result of that cherishes people close to her. Bursting Snow White's bubble is going to end up pretty ugly I think.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 02:09   Link #667
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
By the way, would it be better if we speculate which four magical girls will remain until Fav decided to make it one?

Cranberry will be given since she's working with Fav, but what about the likes of Snow White and Swim-Swim? I mean, it's a free-for-all!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 05:25   Link #668
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
I think it's also because she didn't have to. You can tell that the likes of Nana and Snow White didn't experience much conflict in their lives. For them to be able to keep holding that sort of naïvety to such an extent, someone had to work for it. It never occurred to either of those girls that Winter Prison and La Pucelle were just as much in danger as they were, if not more due to the refusal to get their hands dirty for their ideals.
I think the wiki quotes a fan book as rating Nana's mental strength at 1/5 and her faith as 1/5, ironically for a nun (though nuns shouldn't have slidelines as devotees of Sappho either...). It seems she can't deal with human darkness, so she denies it's existence. She could be a better satire on childish and rose-tinted magical girls as Nemurin with some development. Of course, lesbian magical girls are normally more mature and cynical than the mainstream. WW and Nana satirise that trope as well by being so unhelpfully codependent.

I'd be interested in how they got together. I think the light novel mentioned that WW was initially annoyed by Nana's fragility.
Old 2016-11-28, 08:57   Link #669
Sides

It was Ok, but highlight was Nana wetting herself, because
Spoiler for some people pay good money for this sort of thing:

I put a fiver that Fav either makes the remaining one his baby oven or something more awkward.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 09:29   Link #670
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
It was Ok, but highlight was Nana wetting herself, because
...it's a natural reaction to being hanged. Thinking that you should mark that spoiler as squicky content.

just thinking that if Snow White is going to grow from a naive, traditional magical girl who dies (A type we've seen already in WW, Nana and Nemurin), perhaps accepting reality to survive while retaining her ideals, she needs a lot of character development quickly.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2016-11-28 at 13:34.
Old 2016-11-28, 10:02   Link #671
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

About hanging the body loses control over muscles so pissing and shitting is a natural reaction.

In case of males it may cause erections.

What is sad about Nana is that people who try hanging themselves buy actually don't want to die will flail around but Nana didn't because she really give up on living.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 10:23   Link #672
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Bursting Snow White's bubble is going to end up pretty ugly I think.
I don't know about that. Na Na broke because she was indeed emotionally weak which was amplified after the of her lover. However Snow White has shown to nowhere near as weak.

Despite losing La Pucelle and being slightly traumatized by Alice she still decited to pull herself back together go out and continue to help people as a ture hero (magical girl) would do. Sure she might not be out there busting heads but that's obviously not the kind of magical girl she wants to be.

Now granted there will come a point when she's going to have to fight but that hasn't come yet. Actually it's just as likely that when Snow White finds out who was really responsible for La Pucelle's death along with Alice being killed as well it might push her into saying enough and avenging her fallen comrades but only time will tell.
Old 2016-11-28, 15:17   Link #673
rladls2121

Though now im really curious about the condition Snow White is in right now as she heard both Sister Nana and Winterprison are gone, and then reducing Magical Girls into four is going to make her really angry at Fav this time I guess.

It really makes me wonder about the term Magical Girl.
Letting Magical Girls Cranberry and Swim-swim's group to run wild is way too dangerous now.
There's really no one left to stop them in that area without Snow White, Alice, and Ripple.
As if Magical Girls from other territories will be involved in the future.

As someone said, there are many Magical Girls all over the world.
Something like this or way more horrible things than this are happening all over the world.
Reading this series's title again, what does it really mean?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 19:51   Link #674
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well, it says MG Raising Project.
Who is the one being raised?
Old 2016-11-29, 03:02   Link #675
Ghostfriendly

Title refers to the mobile phone game which starts the plot off, but isn't really relevant to it.
Old 2016-11-29, 06:13   Link #676
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

https://jlist.com/pre8125?___store=jlist&acc=1

Ripple figure
Old 2016-11-29, 06:51   Link #677
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Nendoroid when?
Old 2016-11-29, 09:26   Link #678
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Considering the nature of Winterprison and Nana's relationship, I think it's fairly easy to figure why she didn't talk Nana out of meeting with Swim Swim. She really likes the idealistic side of her. She knows she's naive and innocent but it's that innocence she wanted to protect. She was probably overconfident, thinking she could protect her from whatever anyone might throw at her.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 09:49   Link #679
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Considering the nature of Winterprison and Nana's relationship, I think it's fairly easy to figure why she didn't talk Nana out of meeting with Swim Swim. She really likes the idealistic side of her. She knows she's naive and innocent but it's that innocence she wanted to protect. She was probably overconfident, thinking she could protect her from whatever anyone might throw at her.
She probably didn't think other magical girls would form a different group dedicated to take down others.
Old 2016-11-29, 21:04   Link #680
Psyco Diver

I think Tama is going to leave Swim-swim and join White Snow and I predict Swim-swim will get betrayed by Mineal. I was surprised by Sister Nana, I figured she would last at least another episode and take someone out in a rage before getting killed herself
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle royale, magical girl, mahou shoujo, tragedy