Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-12-28, 18:20   Link #1
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

Haliya's doodles...

Hey there. Some are doodles.. some aren't...

Just posting random stuff I made. Some were commissions, others were just for fun. Hope you like. :3

NOTE: Katsh and Haliya are both my pen names...

PS. No stealing of images... if you want to use any of them just PM me or post here. Thanks.

Spoiler for Bust commission:

Spoiler for Portrait Sketch:

Spoiler for Traditional:

Spoiler for WIP:

Spoiler for NSFW!:

EDIT: Other Fanart:

Spoiler for Sasuke and Naruto:

Spoiler for Sakura-chan?:

Spoiler for Sound Nin:

Spoiler for Bleached!:

Last edited by Haliya; 2007-12-29 at 09:39. Reason: added stuffs
Haliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 18:43   Link #2
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliya View Post
Hey there.

Just posting random stuff I made. Some were commissions, others were just for fun. Hope you like. :3

NOTE: Katsh and Haliya are both my pen names...

PS. No stealing of images... if you want to use any of them just PM me or post here. Thanks.

Spoiler for Bust commission:

Spoiler for Portrait Sketch:

Spoiler for Traditional:

Spoiler for WIP:

Spoiler for NSFW!:
Wow I don't get how you could call them doodles, all of your drawings are freaking amazing, actually that would be a understatement.
Old 2007-12-28, 19:03   Link #3
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Wonderful art!
Are/were you studying art somewhere? When yes, then how long?
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 19:05   Link #4
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

Thanks.. I like calling them doodles since that's how most of the started out. Cept for the commissions, I hardly think about what I draw. XD

I never really went to school for art. I did do a lot of practice, research and learned lessons/techniques from the people around me... and I still am. So I guess you can say it's a lifelong study. :3
Old 2007-12-28, 19:11   Link #5
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Nice, another Florida artist. Welcome to the boards, too.

And yep, as said, it's actually offensive to me that you're calling them doodles 'cause if your doodles prwn me hard, I just can't imagine what you'd do to the stability of the world once you got serious.

And jokes aside, that Kamina drawing is more GAR than Chuck Norris and Jet Li put together. As Kona-chan would say, gu'job.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~
I seriously admire your ability to make yourself learn then hehe. I like to draw stuff too but I can't make myself go to this point where I'd seriously try to improve my skills. I take that as too much of a hobby I guess too. And since I don't see myself succeeding with what I do, I spend my time on other things. Sometimes though, when looking stuff like yours it really inspires me to get better hehe. So it really makes me happy to see such great artists such as yourself ;3 Keep it up!
She pretty much nailed it. It's a mixed feeling of admiration and murderous intent. But yeah, seeing talented people like you really makes me wanna go ahead and improve.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 19:12   Link #6
geki~
noLife
*Artist

I seriously admire your ability to make yourself learn then hehe. I like to draw stuff too but I can't make myself go to this point where I'd seriously try to improve my skills. I take that as too much of a hobby I guess too. And since I don't see myself succeeding with what I do, I spend my time on other things. Sometimes though, when looking stuff like yours it really inspires me to get better hehe. So it really makes me happy to see such great artists such as yourself ;3 Keep it up!
Old 2007-12-28, 19:15   Link #7
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

@Zero: Yey for Floridians!

Sorry if I have offended you or anyone... I guess it's because I can see all my mistakes and I know where I went lazy on them (most of them took me less than 4 hours to finish) so I feel I can call them doodles.. XD Although my New Years Resolution is to really get back into practice and put down my procrastinator flag. D:

Kamina is smex. <3 Sankyu.

EDIT:

@geki: I know what you mean.. I put down my pencil and paper sometimes because I want to focus on my guitar/drums/martial arts training. It's hard when you have a lot of interests. I try to budget my time better though. And of course like you... when I see really great artists, I'm inspired to get back in the saddle... but that's the same with all my interests. XD
Old 2007-12-28, 19:21   Link #8
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Yey for Floridians!

Sorry if I have offended you or anyone... I guess it's because I can see all my mistakes and I know where I went lazy on them (most of them took me less than 4 hours to finish) so I feel I can call them doodles.. XD Although my New Years Resolution is to really get back into practice and put down my procrastinator flag. D:
You guys really need to start taking everything I say to heart, otherwise I'll eventually have to shut my mouth ( read: keyboard ) and become a hermit. "Offensive" is just a way of saying "DAYM how can you be so oblivious to your awesome talent?".

And boldfaced word holds a lot of meaning. I have been trying to cut down my habit of being a slacker, but it really doesn't help much. I'm getting some powerful pushes from a few friends, though, so you might see my plan to conquer the world through blockades in the exporting of toilet paper come to fruition very soon.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-12-28, 19:26   Link #9
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

Added Fanart for various anime to the list. :3

Ah... sorry about that... It takes me a while to register some words sometimes. XD

My husband pushes me to strive harder too. Although when he sees me get really into a piece he gets worried I'll overwork myself and tells me to take a break... -_-;

I look forward to a world dominated by you.
Old 2007-12-28, 19:28   Link #10
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post
That actually had opposite affect on me, when I see a person better then me I lose interest in drawing, I use to love to draw but when I saw people better then me I was discouraged. I wasn't bad but still and after while I lost interest in drawing all together. But now after all those time stop drawing other people's drawing doesn't inspire me or discourage me.
Old 2007-12-28, 19:29   Link #11
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

@ Terrestrial: My brother and some of my friends are the same way... you have no idea how hard I push them to stay in the practice... sometimes it makes me want to strangle them because they're really good and it's going to waste. :/
Old 2007-12-28, 19:38   Link #12
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Well, the truth is that: I'm also fairly discouraged. Enough that when I'm really struck by that "god damn" mentality, I'll give up on drawing for quite some time before picking it back up again. However, I love drawing. It's one of the only things I really like doing and, unlike Gaming, I'm not just throwing my life away, I'm creating something. And thus I can't abandon it completely for long periods of time.

Then I start preparing to take vengeance on Society by improving and drawing better than them.

Thus far, it hasn't worked. But hey, if Canada can spent 200 years trying to learn to play football, I can spend just as much trying to learn to draw. ( Again, joke, joke... )

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2007-12-28 at 19:39. Reason: Typo
Old 2007-12-28, 19:42   Link #13
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

There are moments where I do get discouraged... (usually around that time of month XD). But I'm pretty quick to recover my spirits. I know what you mean... even if I have a love-hate relationship with it, I can't leave it for good... gaming I can actually abstain from for longer than art, music or training. XD

You draw better than most people. :3 Crips lines too.
Old 2007-12-28, 21:47   Link #14
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Oh! Oh! I love the fanarts as well ^-^

Well I'm inspired maybe because I'm a very tolerant person. I don't get jealous because he or she can do something better than me. I'm kinda more relieved. Think about it a little. If you could do all that magnificent stuff you envy others for, you'd have a LOT to do all the time because people would need you for your talents. So it's kinda better just to look at pretty stuff and have more time for the stuff YOU are better at than being able to do just about anything. Also the world's more fun that way. Every person has something they're better at than others and it doesn't have to be some beautiful arts skill like drawing or singing or playing some cool instrument. The ability to make friend, being sociable or even having a creative fantasy can be amazingly powerful skills when known how to use. So no point in being discouraged when someone's better at something than you.
Old 2007-12-28, 22:10   Link #15
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

Very well said, geki. :3
Old 2007-12-29, 00:18   Link #16
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Oh, those just look professional. O-o. I don't feel like speaking much, though, due to a throbbing headache, but I can say, welcome to the fancreations section =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Then I start preparing to take vengeance on Society by improving and drawing better than them.
Let me despair first, then afterwards I shall tag alongside you and take vengeance as well, mii... ^^
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 01:37   Link #17
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I feel bad for myself when you say these are just doodles >.<

lol ^_^. I like your work.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 03:18   Link #18
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Really Nice Work ...I like Sasuke And Naruto Fan Art ..
Good Work..Keep Up The Good Work..
Old 2007-12-29, 09:42   Link #19
Haliya
Undesperate Housewife
*Artist

@ innominate: Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope your head feels better. :O

@ Aoe_Emesai: You shouldn't feel bad... you should feel inspired! I'm also a little older than most people here as I've noticed so... I've had more time to practice.

@ The Chaos: Thanks and I will. :3

Question: How does one get one of those light blue "*Artist" thingies. :?
Old 2007-12-29, 09:52   Link #20
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliya View Post
@ innominate: Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope your head feels better. :O

@ Aoe_Emesai: You shouldn't feel bad... you should feel inspired! I'm also a little older than most people here as I've noticed so... I've had more time to practice.

@ The Chaos: Thanks and I will. :3

Question: How does one get one of those light blue "*Artist" thingies. :?
Go to User Control Panel, and on the left side under Miscellaneous it say group membership.