AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 05:19   Link #581
wolfboy
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
How many anime series, animated movies and live films (American, Japanese or other) did we see romance being solved (in terms of "cementing" couples, in wait for the next step) already before starting off with a sequel or another season? I would say A LOT, honestly. If Kawamori wants to focus on other untold aspects of the series, romance could have been solved by now; by that I meant that if Sheryl was confirmed as the chosen one for Alto to the eyes of everybody, all we'd wait for the romance department would be a wedding or something close to it while efforts would be deployed for other mysteries to be solved (Birla, Minmay, Megaroad-1, remains of Grace's private army, etc.).
So what? There's a lot of series where the romance isn't "cemented" before the sequel too. Besides, if you solve the love thing now, the movie would just be fanservice material for one side of the shippers. AxS Wedding? LULZ, that's so incredibly cheesy, that sounds like something from lame fan-fiction.

Quote:
You meant that wasn't a real love triangle before? Gotta be kidding me. If Ranka really matured and can let it go, what could have been better than materializing it on spot?
It's a retarded lopsided non triangle in Sheryl's favor and you know it. They barely developed anything romantic with Ranka, other than maybe Alto starting to fall for Ranka in the first 3 episodes before interacting with Sheryl. After that, they had ZERO romantic buildup. They had one kiss in the entire series...and it was a scripted movie scene! Why do you think everyone was ready for a SxA ending? Cause it would've been the predictable and default outcome. And if it ended with RankaXAlto, that would've been the real cop-out with almost nothing leading up to it. So what's the only other option? The ending we got.

Quote:
I really booed Ranka when I saw that. No, really! I booed her such a random and cheap shot on a dying person.
CRY MOAR The only cheap shot is giving her the win in a poorly developed non-triangle in a series emphasizing on a triangle.

Quote:
everyone (Japan and rest of the world included) expected a more explicit finish between Alto and Sheryl as well as for Ranka to call it quits, just like Minmay did before.
Minmay totally got shafted but she was already with him and lost him. They thought she was dead so what's he gonna do, go back to her and leave the other girl? That's why it had a fair but bittersweet/tragic ending.

Ranka, on the other hand, would totally get shafted with an unbalanced non-love triangle but it would not feel bittersweet nor tragic. She'd just end up losing prematurely prior to developing any relationship. But the other camp doesn't matter as long as you get your way? Get over it. I'd rather they start anew and build a real triangle. Only then will there truly be a satisfactory ending. The losing side can then feel sad but content for not getting their ending without it having to do with shitty writers that don't develop their characters fairly.
Old 2008-09-26, 05:22   Link #582
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
i'd just like to say how apt it is alto chose the sky over both, i mean it really was always the driving force behind his character
Old 2008-09-26, 05:23   Link #583
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
so is Ranka and Sheryl partially telephatic now?

they seem to be connected via Vajra-net
oh god, does this mean bedding one would be like bedding both, hell even doing the entire vajra community? all the stares of those vajra after alto does one of the girls should freak him out at the very least
Old 2008-09-26, 05:24   Link #584
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That being said, it was a forced negotiation of sorts. It appears that the crew wanted to appease Ranka fans at the very last moment, so they throw in the slap, and well... just the slap. On a person who was supposedly dying, good job.
So, wait, we already got some feedback from the Macross F staff regarding the ending?
Old 2008-09-26, 05:28   Link #585
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Thumbs up

Ep 25 : EPIC!!
Kawamori got us all macross fans!! hahaha
Fair ending for both girls...
and especially Alto who got his Real Sky fly now ...
Rated 10!
Old 2008-09-26, 05:31   Link #586
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

so tak...ive had the engines ready to go , when you hoppin on the b-52?

As ive said since about midway, i always thought the ova would be the true ending/series capper, there just wasnt enough time to cap everything in the series, shoudlve been 26 or 27 eps.
Old 2008-09-26, 05:33   Link #587
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Guessing they want everything to be 25...
Date of finishing 25 and last ep 25.. >_<
so there should really be an OVA then movie..
then if possible Season 2..
Old 2008-09-26, 05:57   Link #588
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, wait, we already got some feedback from the Macross F staff regarding the ending?
speculation! All speculation! they will never admit it even if it was true! Joking aside, that i have also been guilty of it, I don't really think it is all about money! I do believe that Kawamori likes both Ranka and sheryl and thus why we got that ending.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:00   Link #589
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
The way Frontier ended is very similar to SDF. Kawamori's troll plan was to end the series at the most ambiguous point in order to have the last part presented in the movie. Perfect move to get more money by rising the volume around Frontier. Instead of making the last few episodes like in SDF and then maybe a remake movie for the series similar to DYRL he went with the sure fire option of making money. Thats all to it. I certainly believe the movie will have the final conclusion.
Unless he makes two movies, first, a nice "reimagining the series" thing a'la "Macross DYRL", and later (maybe much later, should he wish to troll his fans harder than usual), the "Final Conclusion of the Frontier Arc Movie". And the harder we'll rage, the later the second one shall arrive.

Kawamori, I salute you. As a troll, you have achieved immortality.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:01   Link #590
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

macross frontier s2: fumoffu

10 clams
Old 2008-09-26, 06:03   Link #591
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
macross frontier s2: fumoffu

10 clams
Sweet merciful Lord... I can almost see the Academy in flames. Still, Herr Saotome isn't as good at comedy scenes as his "Full Metal Panic" counterpart. Blanc and Angelloni, the latter especially, on the other hand...
Old 2008-09-26, 06:10   Link #592
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Sweet merciful Lord... I can almost see the Academy in flames. Still, Herr Saotome isn't as good at comedy scenes as his "Full Metal Panic" counterpart. Blanc and Angelloni, the latter especially, on the other hand...
now that is something i can get behind

although sagara and alto are both numbnuts
Old 2008-09-26, 06:13   Link #593
ipernorris

I voted this episode with a nice ONE.
It's not because of the episode in itself, which was very well done, but for the "open ended" choice. I hate inconclusive things (and persons...) so it's only natural for me to not like an open ended choice. To this if you sum up there will be a movie in the future to close the open ties then I feel deceived with the purpose of making a cash cow out of me. I know that this is very primary purpose for making a product, but there should be some respect for the viewers imho. They could have resolved the oldest issues, starting from the love triangle thing, and if they wanted to make cash with a movie as well they could have introduced some new questions, linked to the old ones which could have been cleared. An example over evreything: Grace.
We know NOTHING about her, a part from the fact she wanted to transform the entire humanity into borgs. But was she human when the Research Fleet was annihilated? Where did she take that cyborg body? WHO ARE THE OTHER VOICES WE HEAR? There isn't only Grace around, of course, so I really don't understand who are those persons. Survivors from the Protoculture who used Grace as a pawn to create a world dominated by them again?
Old 2008-09-26, 06:18   Link #594
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Unless he makes two movies, first, a nice "reimagining the series" thing a'la "Macross DYRL", and later (maybe much later, should he wish to troll his fans harder than usual), the "Final Conclusion of the Frontier Arc Movie". And the harder we'll rage, the later the second one shall arrive.

Kawamori, I salute you. As a troll, you have achieved immortality.
The competition in anime industry is huge. Seiyu also known as Voice Actors know it best. If the series does not provide the needed factors it won't be popular. It's purely a consumption entertainment market. Fans get to have the last word with any series and they decide it's popularity. It's harsh but I've seen animes that ended suffering because of that.

I'm sure that Kawamori won't receive any proper reviews if he decides to create a recap movie. The frustration will rise as the popularity will decline. There is a line to everything and I'm sure the producers know about it as they live in that world based on ratings.

Besides, I can only say one thing. Popularity is the main factor. Will a recap movie be popular? Will a remake without an ending be popular? Will fans in Japan see it? Heck, will they see it more then once? I'm more then positive they will not. A recap is nowadays a money loss.

What is the best way to make fans gather in the cinema and make then re-watch the work multiple times? The promise of a proper ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post

Ozma said it best.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 06:36   Link #595
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
In all honesty, I never felt ranka had a chance from the very beginning & her being moe, sheryl being 'not moe' has nothing to do with it. Ranka/Alto relationship was never strongly developed; it wasnt given as much care as the Sheryl/Alto relationship was given. Thats why I feel the triangle wasnt much of a triangle at all.

If the Ranka shippers set aside their shipping goggles like wolfboy for a bit, they'd see it. The triangle is actually pretty much resolved, it was just very subtly done, too subtle for our tastes. Alto's almost confession in ep 24, the mutual salute b/w alto & sheryl & alto still wearing sheryl's earing pretty much sealed the deal for me. ( He looked so pretty wearing it; it pretty much guarantees a private moment b/w them, there's so much unfinished business b/w them that the movie better be a sequel or if it is a repeat, the ending better be different. If not..* Wrath of sheryl shippers on him*

I agree & that's the part that pisses me off. But I understand they did that to promote the MF movie, build more anticipation, more money..etc,etc. It makes sense to leave it open-ended or kawamori will lose a quarter of his fanbase.(I say 1/4 cause I'm that sure of a S/A end)

Doesnt make me any less pissed, but I'm already looking ahead. I'm fully expecting a definite resolution to the LT in the movie. I dont see how he can troll us again without having a death wish. He better deliver or else..*shakes fist*
it would be nice to live in your world. Kawamori reset every thing that happened after episode 21 by curing Sheryl. the "Wait...Sheryl...I..."from episode 24 can go either way. I wish Sheryl had let Alto say what he was going to say there. Ranka telling Sheryl that she won't lose and Sheryl accepting just mean that it is not resolved. Remember that Ranka was linked to Sheryl and probably know how she feels (that is how she found out she was dying).

Anyway, Now many people are in denial. they just can't accept that Alto didn't make his choice and that he needs both girls as his wings. You ask sheryl's fans to take their goggles off, but you are still wearing yours. I Know it is unfair for Kawamori to basically reset everything. Bringing back Ranka into the LT after sheryl had open reign of Alto affections. Can't you be happy that she had him for herself for a while? now she has to Share him with Ranka again.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:40   Link #596
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it would be nice to live in your world. Kawamori reset every thing that happened after episode 21 by curing Sheryl. the "Wait...Sheryl...I..."from episode 24 can go either way. I wish Sheryl had let Alto say what he was going to say there. Ranka telling Sheryl that she won't lose and Sheryl accepting just mean that it is not resolved. Remember that Ranka was linked to Sheryl and probably know how she feels (that is how she found out she was dying).

Anyway, Now many people are in denial. they just can't accept that Alto didn't make his choice and that he needs both girls as his wings. You ask sheryl's fans to take their goggles off, but you are still wearing yours. I Know it is unfair for Kawamori to basically reset everything. Bringing back Ranka into the LT after sheryl had open reign of Alto affections. Can't you be happy that she had him for herself for a while? now she has to Share him with Ranka again.
If there's one thing I've learned from Macross F is that fans will never take their goggles off.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:42   Link #597
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I Know it is unfair for Kawamori to basically reset everything. Bringing back Ranka into the LT after sheryl had open reign of Alto affections. Can't you be happy that she had him for herself for a while? now she has to Share him with Ranka again.
Human beings are selfish. Sharing isn't in our nature.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:45   Link #598
Zekori

Great ending, better than what most series fumble on a decent end. Action scenes were pretty amazing and by far better than most what I have seen within the past year or before in terms of realistic combat (mechanics).

Don't see the reason for so much complaints on the relationship triangle, that was an aspect of the show but not the grand focus. Noticed some comments on the similarity of SDF Macross's end to MF's End. SDF Macross ended the way it was because it was original, and the interactions between the characters; which was nearly polar opposite to the ones in Frontier. It's sorta reasonable that there is no resolution to the story, although events in the story push very heavily to one of the characters.

On a side note, Mr. Biler(?) had a picture of Lynn Minmei. Someone pointed out it was Ranshe, but looking back that definitely looked like Minmei. I guess a diehard fan to what she accomplished in the first war and was hoping to see similarity feats of strength to future generations? Dunno, he's kinda unexplained but it isn't much.

Edit: Now that I remember, Minmei did charity events for refugee's both human and Zentradi a bit past the halfway point of SDF-Macross. I suppose you could assume Biler was one of these Zentradi.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:50   Link #599
golthin

I gave the episode a 9/10. took a point away because of the unresolved love triangle. it was one of the main reasons for me wanting to watch the episode. Everything was great for such a rushed episode. they packed so much material in a single episode. animation quality was also very good.
Old 2008-09-26, 06:50   Link #600
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Wasn't the point of minmay was to see them after they had become lost, but because the entire galaxy was open throuh grace to meet the lost megaroad?
Closed Thread