AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 15:59   Link #121
Calca
Expressionless

I think my theory is that the entire village was "dead" which there were subtle hints given (perfume, weird old guy). They made the girl the gravekeeper so another one wouldn't come and truly bury them

...maybe? I think?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:05   Link #122
oompa loompa

I can't really see how anyone could see this as 'light and fluffy' , even if it's not going to be Texhnolyze dark. Still.. really interesting premise, I had no idea this show even existed but it seems like one of the most interesting ones in a while. Award winning novels, and 7 of them too, so lots of material.. This ones a keeper.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 18:14   Link #123
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Chalk me up as also curious to see where the story will go. Was not expecting zombies... But I can feel the series as potential.

Hopefully the series will be a promising one!
Old 2013-07-07, 22:26   Link #124
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So essentially the world could exist as a representation of eternal purgatory, with specific individuals given the power to allow others to escape it.
I agree with that! In fact, that's probably what happened when god forsaken humanity 15 years back, and everyone became dead! It still doesn't explain how the little girl was born considering the dead shouldn't be able to procreate any longer. It has an intriguing premise that's for certain.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:41   Link #125
Mubyoshi

So... this is like FFX then? I mean, they have those pyreflies like FFX. Jokes aside, this seems somewhat interesting, will give it a few more episodes.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 00:03   Link #126
Jerseykid

well this was the first anime of the season that was even tolerable to watch. No more girl fest please
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 00:25   Link #127
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I was thinking zombiessssss at first, but it must be a terrible place to live in, regardless of what's going.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 00:25   Link #128
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
well this was the first anime of the season that was even tolerable to watch. No more girl fest please

I don't see problem. Didn't "Free" had enough guys for you?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 00:42   Link #129
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree with that! In fact, that's probably what happened when god forsaken humanity 15 years back, and everyone became dead! It still doesn't explain how the little girl was born considering the dead shouldn't be able to procreate any longer. It has an intriguing premise that's for certain.
They said angels arbitrate the passage from purgatory to heaven. Angels are sometimes compared in holiness to children.

Take it what you will.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 02:51   Link #130
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That late 90's, early 2k's anime vibe. This really hit those notes, and that's a good thing. Definitely on my must watch list.
Old 2013-07-08, 03:01   Link #131
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
They said angels arbitrate the passage from purgatory to heaven. Angels are sometimes compared in holiness to children.

Take it what you will.
Interesting! It certainly fits the real Grave Keeper who makes her appearance near the end from the way Gunslinger was describing the attributes of a Grave Keeper. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the 2nd episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 03:17   Link #132
black_star
How should i say it?

From this anime, I'd conclude that Gravekeepers = SERIOUS BUSINESS.

And Ai is so cute!
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 03:29   Link #133
Tenzen12

Quote:

Take it what you will.
Though neither of these claims can be considered cannon (in case of christianity generaly bible = cannon). Though that doesn't mean this show isn't based on these traditions around cannon.
Old 2013-07-08, 08:06   Link #134
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
From this anime, I'd conclude that Gravekeepers = SERIOUS BUSINESS.

And Ai is so cute!
You may also add that this anime is better than High School of the Dead!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:16   Link #135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The title alone interests me, and after watching it, it has become a series that I need to follow. I mean, who knows, this can be the closest we get to a Shin Sekai Yori of this season (both is set in post-apocalyptic world). Also, please no romance between Ai & Humpnie. I want them to be more like daughter and father .
Old 2013-07-08, 09:46   Link #136
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Interesting! It certainly fits the real Grave Keeper who makes her appearance near the end from the way Gunslinger was describing the attributes of a Grave Keeper. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the 2nd episode.
So you're postulating that when God forsake the Earth (I really hate the English title, BTW) not only did people lose the ability to die, but that every living person effectively became undead at that moment? Interesting - I was thinking that everyone lived out their lives until whatever killed them killed them except it didn't.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:55   Link #137
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For all we know gravekeepers are considered as forms of higher beings. For one our little heroine looks to be (was?) highly respected in her town before the eventual shoot-em-up.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:57   Link #138
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Having just watch World War Z yesterday the experience with this ep was... interesting.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:37   Link #139
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
So... this is like FFX then? I mean, they have those pyreflies like FFX. Jokes aside, this seems somewhat interesting, will give it a few more episodes.
Lmao, I didn't even think of that until now! No wonder the show gives me an RPG vibe.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2013-07-08 at 14:26.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 16:59   Link #140
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So you're postulating that when God forsake the Earth (I really hate the English title, BTW) not only did people lose the ability to die, but that every living person effectively became undead at that moment? Interesting - I was thinking that everyone lived out their lives until whatever killed them killed them except it didn't.
I agree with your original line of thoughts. Ai is obviously alive and Silver wouldn't be capable of such precission if he weren't dead realy short time, not mentíon he has gravekeeper with him. So he is very likely also living living.

Tags
fantasy