AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-05-17, 22:04   Link #401
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Just watched episode 07:
Spoiler:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 07:12   Link #402
Anthias

Episode 7: verry funny. Poor Ayase! she tries so hard ....
Spoiler:

I think episode 8 will be good to see
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 16:58   Link #403
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

ep 7 was good..added stuff "anime only" and it looks like ep 8 is not in the manga(anime only once again)..im happy for that..now its interestin more
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 21:31   Link #404
Itlandm
Porcupine

OK, as of Ep 7, I officially declare this anime funny.

I totally was about to explode with laughter each time I saw Ayase's daydreams. That's the first time I've seen daydreams with scrolling credits at the end! That was hilarious. The girl truly has a teenager's imagination. I hope we'll see a lot more of her. Uh, I mean, I hope we will see her a lot more often...
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 00:20   Link #405
Sledeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sledeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 01:30   Link #406
alnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledeau
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
alnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 02:13   Link #407
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-19, 22:40   Link #408
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I can't possibly pass this one up. I'm quoting you below... and I'm not using spoiler tags because you didn't say a spoler... you should learn from my example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
might as well do side-stories...the manga isnt done..and if the anime follows the manga...well the ending is gonna suck so i bet they gonna side story a bunch of stuff and prolly side story the ending...basicly compression....and mabye these side stories will pop out in the manga?(its not done right?))
That was awesome. You get 10 points.

The fact that you somehow infer that, first, the manga is incomplete and thus has no ending yet, then in the same sentence state that the ending sucks, then ask if the manga is still going blows my mind. Are you sure you wouldn't rather be in the Naruto board?
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:13   Link #409
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Just watched episode 8

Spoiler:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:32   Link #410
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
ep 7 was good..added stuff "anime only" and it looks like ep 8 is not in the manga(anime only once again)..im happy for that..now its interestin more
Ummm... I can't remember the manga fully... but I am sure the Ayase date happend in the manga... as for the Midori-Seiji switch who knows if it did happen in the manga... We got 4-5 of 8 volumes scanlated so far thanks to the great editors and scanners of SnoopyCool...

What they need to add to the anime, at least maybe on the DVDs, is the mangaka chillin' with the God of Manga... Osamu Tezuka pwns!
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:40   Link #411
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Forgot to add something:

Spoiler:
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:48   Link #412
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yeah, but there's some scenes in the anime date that weren't in the manga. Such as, Ayase's imagination.

Heh heh, snoopy's so mean . Anyways, episode 08 was:
Spoiler for episode 08:

$9 for two cups of tea? Maybe tip was included...I don't know what's the tip % in Japan. %100? LOL.
Old 2004-05-24, 17:51   Link #413
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Ummm... I can't remember the manga fully... but I am sure the Ayase date happend in the manga... as for the Midori-Seiji switch who knows if it did happen in the manga... We got 4-5 of 8 volumes scanlated so far thanks to the great editors and scanners of SnoopyCool...

What they need to add to the anime, at least maybe on the DVDs, is the mangaka chillin' with the God of Manga... Osamu Tezuka pwns!
Spoiler:

snoopy: heh sorry bout no spoiler tag...im not really used to doin spoiler tags, reason why i didnt:

1:i forgot to

2:i was in the hurry when i did that comment and so i tottaly forgot about the spoiler tag.

so very sorry if i ruin something for n e one

as for my defence on one of your comments snoopy:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-24, 17:52   Link #414
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

This comment's to Root: Honestly, I haven't seen ep 8 (or 5-7) yet, but assuming he was at one of those cafes where you sit there at the window watching the world go by, then it's actually a fairly normal price. What you're paying for there isn't really a drink, it's the time you spend sitting in the seat. You see, if a college student came in to do their homework for perhaps 4 hours and just got refills on his coffee, he'd be taking up a booth and making the cafe absolutely no money while keeping them from seating someone else in his place. So in exchange for leaving him alone and letting him stay as long as he likes (or until they close) without buying anything substantial, they have an extremely high surcharge on all drinks (and you have to buy at least a drink). Or at least I'm pretty sure that's the system.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 17:58   Link #415
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

ep 8

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-24, 18:13   Link #416
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

I thought it went like this:

Spoiler:

That right?
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 18:56   Link #417
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Heh,
Spoiler:
Anyways I can't wait to see ep9, from the preview for it Midori is sooo cute with her hair like that. I almost died in my seat.

Anyone know where I can find Midori no Hibi wallpaper or some nice high quality pics. Thanks in advance.
Old 2004-05-24, 19:34   Link #418
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Or,
Spoiler:
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 19:35   Link #419
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Heh,
Spoiler:
Anyways I can't wait to see ep9, from the preview for it Midori is sooo cute with her hair like that. I almost died in my seat.

Anyone know where I can find Midori no Hibi wallpaper or some nice high quality pics. Thanks in advance.
I found a few in Minitokyo. Or you can hang around in Animelayer and check if wallers post up Midori no Hibi walls. There are some really pro wallers there. Since this is a popular series...hopefully more wallpapers for it will spring up...I'd like some Midori walls/scans too...
Old 2004-05-24, 20:33   Link #420
alnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
I thought it went like this:

Spoiler:

That right?
I disagree, I think the sequence of events was:

Spoiler:

All in all, this episode was obviously filler, maybe a "stall for time" while they wait for the Manga to finish up, but not a bad episode. If you think about it, this filler episode really kinda had to be done right now if not even earlier, it wouldnt work closer to the end when Seiji and Midori supposedly would already know each other extremely well compared to early on in Day 8.
alnorth is offline   Reply With Quote