Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-17, 22:52   Link #9541
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yes, and its not a one time God-given miraculous event either. According to a low plot importance Anti Federation pilot in 00F, a defence rod timed perfectly at a specific angle can deflect/block beam shots.
This makes me wonder: Is it possible the Federation, or even Katharon, could have developed an anti-GN Defense Rod based on those principles?
Old 2011-03-17, 23:34   Link #9542
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
This makes me wonder: Is it possible the Federation, or even Katharon, could have developed an anti-GN Defense Rod based on those principles?
Probably not, it seems to be just an ordinary rod used superbly well by a good pilot kind of thing. More about timing than anything else. Its probably better to rely on safer options like partial GN Fields. Of course, the GN-X's shields already have rods if I'm not mistaken, simply because the blocs pilots are used to it and can use if they want to.

Interesting I guess, its nice to know that Katharon has some decent anti-GN-X counter techniques like deflecting and head blowing. Its not going to win them the war but it shows some level of reaction competency tactics in the face of superior enemies.

Of course, I'm not sure who made this technique. It could be learned and developed by the blocs for all we know while dealing with the Gundams initially.
Old 2011-03-20, 21:16   Link #9543
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Dynames' large cannon:

http://min.us/llVpZw
http://min.us/llZCDK
http://min.us/llVwxK

Got this from one of my fellow Wikia admins (woohoo, we got promoted recently heh heh heh). Its nice to see we get a name for the gun. The model itself is quite cool though, kinda of increases my longing for an MG Dynames.
Old 2011-03-20, 22:06   Link #9544
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Didn't we already have the name for it? "Super Substratospheric..." sounds very familiar.
Old 2011-03-21, 03:11   Link #9545
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, those magazine scans were published around 2008, so we've known the name for at least three years now.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 17:18   Link #9546
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, I'm curious, the two Brave types were in competition with each other, as to which one will be mass produced. After the events of the movie, seeing the performance of both. Which one do you think the ESF would/went with?

AFAIK, there isn't anything in the side materials saying which one was chosen.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 07:38   Link #9547
velocity7

AFAIK, the Brave types were not in competition with one another, as they were Commander and Standard test types. The Brave line in general was in competition with the Gadelaza and GN-XIV.

That said, for the Brave to work as well as it did meant it had to have aces pilot it, or else it wouldn't perform all that great. But when it does perform, it has a much better kill/death ratio compared to all the other GN-XIV units out there that got blasted away. Never mind that the ESF continued to build Core Fighter options for the GN-XIV, so their priorities must be different.

There's been no word on whether the Brave was discontinued/shelved, etc. but there has been at least some word on modifications to existing GN-XIV units.
Old 2011-03-29, 12:35   Link #9548
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What Nos was referring to is that the major difference between the Standard and Commander type of the Braves--the GN-Drive amount--was in competition with one another to figure which one would be standard for the full mass production of the machine.
Old 2011-03-29, 12:44   Link #9549
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I don't think it was ever said that the two types where in competition with one another, just that they created two different standards for different mission parameters. It's like pitting the air superiority single-seat F-15C and the ground-attack two-seater F-15E against each other to see which one will come out on top despite both models being the same aircraft modified for their own particular roles. The commander type would be assigned for ace pilots who can push the machine's performance to their limits and act as the head of the particular squadron, while the standard version would be the cheaper variant for every other pilots.

There's a reason they're called "Commander" and "Standard" variants.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-03-29, 15:32   Link #9550
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, I'm curious, the two Brave types were in competition with each other, as to which one will be mass produced. After the events of the movie, seeing the performance of both. Which one do you think the ESF would/went with?

AFAIK, there isn't anything in the side materials saying which one was chosen.
The Braves are in competition with the Gadelaza to become the next mainstay ESF unit. For the record, we don't even know whether the Braves are being produced as planned. The ESF has had a big disarmament policy (which includes some halt on next gen MS production, at least one part of the Core Fighter Senki chapter says so) post the ELS conflict and a lot of stuff appears to be put on hold.

As for which one is better, its impossible to tell. I mean the Commander Type is likely stronger but you will have to rely on a lot of data statistics in order to judge with one is the overall better unit. You will have to measure a lot of stuff like how fast the Condensers are recharged, whether the rate of recharge is reasonable to the rate of Condenser depletion (you don't want it to be too low or too high) and whether the rate your getting is worth the extra cost of having an extra Drive based. Even if you measure the machine well, your going to compare it cost-kill/effective ratio with other rival units as well, something the Braves are before the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't think it was ever said that the two types where in competition with one another, just that they created two different standards for different mission parameters. It's like pitting the air superiority single-seat F-15C and the ground-attack two-seater F-15E against each other to see which one will come out on top despite both models being the same aircraft modified for their own particular roles. The commander type would be assigned for ace pilots who can push the machine's performance to their limits and act as the head of the particular squadron, while the standard version would be the cheaper variant for every other pilots.

There's a reason they're called "Commander" and "Standard" variants.
The types are not in competition with each other, the Drive count was (which is almost the same thing save the color name designation for the SolBrave team position). The HG manual mentions that the final production series will have a standardized Drive number which will be based upon one of the two, so they are indeed in a competition of sorts. The decision will be made based on the battle data of the SolBrave Test Types.

If the two Drive config turns out to be the more effective than the single after the testing phase one for example, that will become the standard of the final production Braves or vice versa, is essentially what the HG is saying.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-03-29 at 15:49.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 16:17   Link #9551
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What Nos was referring to is that the major difference between the Standard and Commander type of the Braves--the GN-Drive amount--was in competition with one another to figure which one would be standard for the full mass production of the machine.
THIS. I was referring to what which number of GN Drives would be mass produced. That I know was a competition with the two Braves.
Old 2011-03-29, 21:56   Link #9552
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The types are not in competition with each other, the Drive count was (which is almost the same thing save the color name designation for the SolBrave team position). The HG manual mentions that the final production series will have a standardized Drive number which will be based upon one of the two, so they are indeed in a competition of sorts. The decision will be made based on the battle data of the SolBrave Test Types.

If the two Drive config turns out to be the more effective than the single after the testing phase one for example, that will become the standard of the final production Braves or vice versa, is essentially what the HG is saying.
I missed that bit of info then, link to original source please?

Old 2011-03-30, 01:33   Link #9553
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I missed that bit of info then, link to original source please?
I don't have any direct links at the moment but I'm pretty sure it appeared at our usual places, mainly Zook and Mechatalk. I think someone from MT did the original translation and it got cross posted by Homeless or me or one of the usual users.

[EDIT]
Kay, I found the link, looks to have been translated at /m/:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00...post&p=5021614
Old 2011-04-03, 16:56   Link #9554
Araxiel

Quick question; was there an official time limit given for Trans-Am on original drives?
Old 2011-04-03, 17:00   Link #9555
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Quick question; was there an official time limit given for Trans-Am on original drives?
Three minutes.
Old 2011-04-03, 18:24   Link #9556
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Tau Drives had a TA limit of one minute, right? Or was that just the Masurao?
Old 2011-04-03, 18:37   Link #9557
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
They were probably able to increase the time limit for Tau Drives as they went. The Braves were in Trans-Am for more than a minute.
Old 2011-04-04, 00:16   Link #9558
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
As mentioned, three minutes appear to be limit yes, even for 00. Do note that it appears to be a rough estimate or even an upper maximum limit (I'm guessing the latter), the time can be shorter depending on the usage as well. For example, Virtue used up more than two thirds of its total particle reserves in S123 all for one Burst Mode shot, so its total time would be shorter.

My personal speculative theory is that the system's upper limit is actually 3 minutes (regardless of whether they are particles left over although I find this an unlikely scenario) and ends earlier if the particles run out before time. The stated upper limit may be as a limitation of the system in keeping up the high energy state of the particles or that the state just cannot exist for more than that time (in other words exiting TA due to the system reaching its operational limits as opposed to running out of particles).

Quote:
The Masurao isn't a fair comparison, since its TA system was still imperfect at the time. We also never saw Masurao with the perfected TA, which Billy only later updates likely he got the full original data from the Innovators (which was the reason he volunteered for to work on the Gagas in the first place) though we did get to see it with the Susanowo. I also wouldn't judge video time directly with it since they like to extend and shorten the perceived time passed on their own convenience in scenes. Not to mention 00's TA lasted exactly as long as Masurao in that battle.

Theoretically speaking though, Taus in S2 should be shorter since their Drives are destroyed after usage and they rely on the remaining Condensers for retreating, so they cannot afford to stay on as long.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-04-04 at 00:28.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 02:40   Link #9559
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I think that trans am works the same way as hyper mode does in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It ends when the suit runs out of particles, when you manually tell it to, or at a certain time limit. If you hit that time limit, and the suit still has particles, or if you manually end it, it has to flush all of the particles from the condensers.

One of the proposed theories of what it meant that the S2 suits were designed with trans am in mind, was that trans am would activate the condensers sequentially rather than simultaneously. This would let the meisters use trans am for a short period of time, use up all of the particles in one or two condensers and turn it back off. This way, they could still fight at normal power after using one of these mini-trans-ams, rather than performing at low levels while the condensers recharge.
Old 2011-04-04, 02:46   Link #9560
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

That makes sense. Expanding on that, it might be that the Tau suits were eventually designed to actually send their condensers into Trans-Am while the Tau Drive itself was set on standby, and once Trans-Am ended the Drive begins normal operations again.