Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 14:57   Link #9581
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What about the opposite, can the magnetic field be used to push away the projectile? Or does that only work with opposing magnets?
Due to the way magnets work, they will always attract. Now you might think "Fizz, try putting the S ends of two magnets together, they push each other away." I would say, "That's true, but, if you have magnets with a strong enough magnetic field compared to their mass, and you're only holding one, but not the other, the other magnet will rotate 180 degrees and then its N end will be close to the S end of the first magnet, and they will attract. On the other hand, if the projectile isn't magnetized, then the powerful magnet will magnetize the projectile, and attract it."

So no, you can't use magnets to repel something.
Old 2011-04-05, 16:19   Link #9582
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
You could use electromagenetic fields to cut air in this series however, but the Flags and Enacts are already doing that anyways.
Old 2011-04-13, 12:55   Link #9583
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Some information about GN Drive creation from the Senki Full Saber chapter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Revive the thread to add a little info about creation of GN-Drive from Full Saber Chapter.

-At Jupiter, 6 optically camouflaged factory ships/satellites are restarted.
-More topological defects can be collected in space.
-Particle accelerator attached to the ship is sped up, plunging it into the centre of Jupiter.
-Under high gravity and high energy environment, (problem translating this part, something about phase transition) the original particle “Cosmic Egg” is produced. It will release an unlimited amount of subspecies of photon, GN particles.
-By sealing these particles and adding particle control mechanism, the GN Drive is completed.

Since i translated the above info from a chinese site, not sure if it is 100% accurate.....
Old 2011-04-13, 12:56   Link #9584
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Some information about GN Drive creation from the Senki Full Saber chapter:
So basically... the topological defects are just releasing GN Particles constantly?
Old 2011-04-13, 13:00   Link #9585
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It sounds like it yes. Not surprising but it's good to hear something official about how the GN Drives work.

The part about the 6 camo ships are what interests me as well. I wonder if those are the five lights at the end of S2? The fact that they are already infrastructure there may also help to explain some aspects of the faster creation time.
Old 2011-04-13, 14:12   Link #9586
velocity7

That's rather interesting. So it's not about the gases in Jupiter's atmosphere, but the heavy gravity, pressure, and specific conditions to produce a GN drive that makes it very difficult to mass produce on any kind of scale.

I'm going to make the assumption here that, once this "Cosmic Egg" state is achieved (for lack of better term, or until an official Japanese translation comes around), the particle accelerator can be removed from Jupiter's atmosphere and then placed inside a chassis without any danger to the "Cosmic Egg" state. This would explain why Ian was able to put together smaller GN Drive chassis units for the S2 Gundams.

It's probable that in 2312 when Ian set out on building a pair of GN Drives for the Twin Drive, certain variables had to be controlled rather than free in order to make sure the topological defects were synchronized. Also, Trans-Am likely has nothing to do with the particle accelerator, instead being placed in line with the particle control system, and would explain why units with only GN condensers can still enter Trans-Am.
Old 2011-04-13, 15:34   Link #9587
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I went back and re-watched the 00 Raiser's Trans-Am test in episode 10, and found some interesting terminology thrown around by the Vashti's and Anew that might make a bit more sense now:

Quote:
Mileina: Topological defect shifting to higher level.
Linda: We're getting an increase in both particle generation and emission rate.
Anew: It's passing the normal 180% figure and the numbers are still climbing. 230... 240... 260... It just broke 290%.
Ian: It did what?!
Anew: About to exceed theoretical limit.
Keep in mind this is the English dub version though, so there might be some issues with accurateness.
Old 2011-04-13, 20:28   Link #9588
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I went back and re-watched the 00 Raiser's Trans-Am test in episode 10, and found some interesting terminology thrown around by the Vashti's and Anew that might make a bit more sense now:

Keep in mind this is the English dub version though, so there might be some issues with accurateness.
The subs pretty much say the same thing, at least of two groups. gSS and menclave had almost the same dialogue, IIRC.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 22:02   Link #9589
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

More technobabble, this time from the TDS test in the beginning of episode two (also from the Eng Dub):

Quote:
Tieria: GN Drive... disengaging repause.
Feldt: Topological defect changing from ground state to high output. Twin Drive's particle synchronization rate is at 35%. 37. 40. 47. 49. 55. 58. We've just broken the 60% barrier.
Ian: If it makes it past 80% we'll be within stable operation range.
Mileina: We've developed an instability in the topological defect!
Feldt: Twin Drive synch rate decreasing. Fusion rate is also falling!
One thing I've noticed with the English dub version is that there's only one TD being mentioned in relation to the Twin Drive...
Old 2011-04-14, 00:09   Link #9590
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Either the instability is only in one of the topological defects, or instability is a relative thing. It's possible that for ease of understanding, one TD is set as the control and the other is stabilized to match the first one.
Old 2011-04-14, 00:28   Link #9591
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'm more interested in this "higher state" they keep mentioning.
Old 2011-04-14, 00:32   Link #9592
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

If the TD are indeed directly generating the GN Particles, then it makes sense for them to transition to a higher state as the Drives are synching.
Old 2011-04-14, 00:47   Link #9593
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If the TD are indeed directly generating the GN Particles, then it makes sense for them to transition to a higher state as the Drives are synching.
I was referring to the one mentioned in the Trans-Am test.
Old 2011-04-14, 01:30   Link #9594
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I was referring to the one mentioned in the Trans-Am test.
The same explanation may also apply, TA could do something to the TD to transform into a higher state of sorts that can generate an even higher output, likely one that cannot sustain itself long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
That's rather interesting. So it's not about the gases in Jupiter's atmosphere, but the heavy gravity, pressure, and specific conditions to produce a GN drive that makes it very difficult to mass produce on any kind of scale.

I'm going to make the assumption here that, once this "Cosmic Egg" state is achieved (for lack of better term, or until an official Japanese translation comes around), the particle accelerator can be removed from Jupiter's atmosphere and then placed inside a chassis without any danger to the "Cosmic Egg" state. This would explain why Ian was able to put together smaller GN Drive chassis units for the S2 Gundams.

It's probable that in 2312 when Ian set out on building a pair of GN Drives for the Twin Drive, certain variables had to be controlled rather than free in order to make sure the topological defects were synchronized. Also, Trans-Am likely has nothing to do with the particle accelerator, instead being placed in line with the particle control system, and would explain why units with only GN condensers can still enter Trans-Am.
It would not surprise me if said chassis your referring to would be the TD Blanket, the topological defect could beliterally sealed in there. In fact, that's very likely the case.

The Twin Drive pair created this time around is very effective unlike the last one. CB built a stabilization equipment from the get go being afraid that it's still needed but it is not required. I imagine an improved system design on the Qan(T) helps a lot but I am also of the opinion that 00's rather random and non-planned Drive pair not being created for said purpose may contributed to the difficulty in making them synch to the highest level as well.

Maybe even possible that the two TDs this time around were created from the get go as an entangled pair? As in being quantum entangled with each other. The Twin Drive is suspect of using quantum entanglement in some form afterall.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-04-14 at 01:46.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 01:46   Link #9595
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

My guess for the TD Blanket is that it's what "By sealing these particles and adding particle control mechanism, the GN Drive is completed" was referring to.
Old 2011-04-14, 14:48   Link #9596
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Just to make things clear, the particle accelerator is attached to the back of the ship. It is then sped up, plunging the whole ship into jupiter. (sorry for any confusions caused)

As for the ships, they may be very old ships....It also seems that the topological defects are collected by the ship.

For those who want to try their hand at translating the text, http://409399881.blog.163.com/blog/static/...01101505043914/
Yeah, the link is here.
Old 2011-04-19, 18:20   Link #9597
Scorpiopt

any news on the Chakram Grenade location and function? same for leg missiles on the Brave
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 19:27   Link #9598
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The Chakram Grenade is some sort of electronic warfare weapon according to J-Wiki, I recall.
Old 2011-04-19, 21:17   Link #9599
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

This is something I've been meaning to ask for a while.

GN Particles disrupt many kinds of communications, right? So how do GNMS and other facilities that are in league with GNMS, communicate? What's the work around?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:25   Link #9600
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
GN Particles disrupt many kinds of communications, right? So how do GNMS and other facilities that are in league with GNMS, communicate? What's the work around?
If I remember correctly it's based on light.