felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Reduced CO2 Emission:
46834.420 mg

And than the total CPU Energy saving:
76.153529 (left the formula out, but see screenshot)
mg or if you want it expanded Milligram (metric system), sorry I don't know what that is in emperial, is (proably) the quantity of CO2.
A random car* would do something like 210 g/km. (that's 210,000 mg/km)

Honestly that program makes me laugh.

* see: http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/
Old 2008-09-02, 12:46   Link #1942
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
What college's offer
Post moved to a more appropriate thread, School / College / Uni / Exams / Finals. Or there is also the So what career are you aiming for?

The Silly Question thread, is after all for silly questions.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 13:53   Link #1943
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Hmmm, this a very silly question indeed. I was searching through some old threads for fun and noticed something. A lot of the 2003 members don't have avatars. At first I dismissed this as a new forum adapting, but then saw this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=3170&page=3

Further down the page NSW says:

Quote:
I'm glad that ato hasn't changed his avatar for some time.
Yet ato has no avatar. I heard that a couple years ago the forum suffered from a data reset. Could this have something to do with it?
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 14:02   Link #1944
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes avatars were lost once.

What you are refering to is the complete data loss of dec2005, which is unrelated.
Note my join date; I had to re-register at that time, among accounts post and otherwise were lost as well.
You'll find a few other memebers suffered the same fate.
Old 2008-09-02, 14:07   Link #1945
xris
Just call me Ojisan

It most likely is to do with the forum reset we had back in 2005.
Quote:
Forum Reset 2005
If you have trouble logging in, even though you registered a while ago, please read this before contacting us.
Quote:
Forum - December 2005
What does this mean for me?
Avatars and profile pictures are missing.
The images were corrupted due to a vBulletin bug that can only be fixed before doing the backup, which means... no way to fix it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
What you are refering to is the complete data loss of dec2005, which is unrelated.
Well done Cats, you are doing well being wrong recently
Old 2008-09-02, 14:10   Link #1946
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Strange I remember them being a miss even before that incident.
Heh, I don't mind being wrong.
Old 2008-09-02, 14:15   Link #1947
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

I have a question about AnimeSuki, itself. What's the difference between a moderator with the "AnimeSuki Site Staff" title, and a moderator without that title? Also moderators do/don't like giving infractions/warnings/suspensions/bans to users? Another somewhat unrelated question, do we have a forum where users may discuss fanfiction in general, if so could you provide a link?

Thanks, I hope this is the right forum to discuss such matters.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 14:23   Link #1948
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
I have a question about AnimeSuki, itself. What's the difference between a moderator with the "AnimeSuki Site Staff" title, and a moderator without that title?
Been asked before, New "Public Groups" on AnimeSuki?
Old 2008-09-02, 16:20   Link #1949
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I have a question about AnimeSuki, itself. What's the difference between a moderator with the "AnimeSuki Site Staff" title, and a moderator without that title?
Moderator, someone who moderates discussion on the forum; you're proably used to this concept already. Site Staff are the members who manage and maintain the main site. The majority share both roles, anime_layer to my knowledge is the only one who doesn't have the Moderator responsibility.

Quote:
Also moderators do/don't like giving infractions/warnings/suspensions/bans to users?
They will give it out easily if you easily break the rules. I'm more then certain they are given based on certain preset criteria; like in most Vb forums nowadays.

Quote:
Another somewhat unrelated question, do we have a forum where users may discuss fanfiction in general, if so could you provide a link?
Yes, the Fan Creation forum has been used in the past for this purpose. xris's silence on the matter leaves me in doubt however.
If you want to discuss Nanoha related fanfics I think there is at least one very popular thread already.

*waits for xris to come in and tell me how wrong I am*
Old 2008-09-02, 16:35   Link #1950
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Q: Why does Cats want to flirt with Ojisan only?

I don't require an answer. *hi Cats.. waves*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 16:42   Link #1951
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Is that jealousy I sensed in monir's post ..

Oh hii monir *waves*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 21:27   Link #1952
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
That is something I can expect Cats to say.

^^

hello, Kina *wave*

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 02:40   Link #1953
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
mg or if you want it expanded Milligram (metric system), sorry I don't know what that is in emperial, is (proably) the quantity of CO2.
A random car* would do something like 210 g/km. (that's 210,000 mg/km)

Honestly that program makes me laugh.

* see: http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/
So according to that program i reduce the same amount a car would create in 20km... Granted it's correct. Doesn't sound to bad. And at the same time, it sounds useless.

I don't know if that laugh is a bad thing or good thing. But i'll laugh along because i don't know what is going on

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 03:19   Link #1954
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
So according to that program i reduce the same amount a car would create in 20km... Granted it's correct. Doesn't sound to bad. And at the same time, it sounds useless.
I think you have the decimal point in the wrong place. Assuming the figures supplied by Cats are correct (and there is no reason to think otherwise) then...

Car uses 210,000 mg/km
m/b saved 46,834 mg (over 2 weeks)

So that means it is equivalent to a car travelling about 220 metres, which takes about 9 seconds (at 60mph). Compare this to the 2 weeks it took your m/b to achieve this (1,209,600 seconds), it means something like a factor of 134,400.

Your m/b is saving 1/134,400th (or 0.000744%) of a car.

BTW, the m/b itself doesn't cause any CO2 emission as far as I'm aware so the figures must be that of the average power station generating the electricity would save due to the reduced power intake of the m/b.

There, a silly answer to a silly question
Old 2008-09-03, 03:30   Link #1955
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Yea i know it would be C02 emission reduced from power station with the power i save.

But uuh... 9 seconds.... I'll start uninstalling when i get home

Thanks for the answer.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders

Last edited by Sephi; 2008-09-03 at 06:10. Reason: fixed mistake!
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 06:08   Link #1956
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
This is very silly, I heard the name of the program yesterday but forgot about it, I was hoping anyone knew it (since it is used by most DJ's en VJ's)
Its a program for music making, DJing and VJing and it was something with apple, I first thought Appleton but all I end up with is a music group or a town. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 09:41   Link #1957
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
This is very silly, I heard the name of the program yesterday but forgot about it, I was hoping anyone knew it (since it is used by most DJ's en VJ's)
Its a program for music making, DJing and VJing and it was something with apple, I first thought Appleton but all I end up with is a music group or a town. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
You're probably thinking of Ableton Live. While Ableton is pretty popular, I really doubt that "most DJs and VJs" would an accurate description of its userbase. There are a lot of competing products out there these days.

Just in case that wasn't what you were thinking of, other possibilities include...
- Apple Logic (the lowest price professional audio/synth editor)
- Apple Loops (a loop utility from Apple that plugs into several professional audio editors)
- Apple Garageband (a popular budget audio/synth editor)
Of course, these all run on a Mac.

Or on the outside, attempting to think of things that might be remembered as "Apple"something... Maybe you're thinking of sequencer application FruityLoops? Or the Sony audio editor ACID?

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 10:32   Link #1958
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
You're probably thinking of Ableton Live. While Ableton is pretty popular, I really doubt that "most DJs and VJs" would an accurate description of its userbase. There are a lot of competing products out there these days.

Just in case that wasn't what you were thinking of, other possibilities include...
- Apple Logic (the lowest price professional audio/synth editor)
- Apple Loops (a loop utility from Apple that plugs into several professional audio editors)
- Apple Garageband (a popular budget audio/synth editor)
Of course, these all run on a Mac.

Or on the outside, attempting to think of things that might be remembered as "Apple"something... Maybe you're thinking of sequencer application FruityLoops? Or the Sony audio editor ACID?

I think that was the one, but in any case what would be good software for DJ/VJing ? I'm still a beginner at this so I got no clue on these things yet
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 11:49   Link #1959
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
I think that was the one, but in any case what would be good software for DJ/VJing ? I'm still a beginner at this so I got no clue on these things yet
I have a friends who is into amateur DJing and the whole rave scene . The software he uses is

* Fruity Loops Mixing Tracks only for Windows I guess

* Traktor DJ Studio For Mac/Win
Old 2008-09-03, 12:28   Link #1960
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
In addition to Geta Boshi's recommendations (and taken with a grain of salt, because I don't actually do this stuff)...

Ableton Live is considered the top-end, but like any powerful software, can be hard to use. Many use or get started on on lower-end software that makes producing things a bit easier.

Mixxx, KraMixer, and Zulu are free. PCDJ (which a friend of mine swears by) and VirtualDJ also have good reputations and have demos available. There are more out there you can find with clever searching.

Try any of them, or try all of them. Different people have different wants or needs, so each piece of software fills a niche. Don't hesitate to try working with programs that aren't made for live mixing, either. Some people start better by "building" mixes, and others start better by learning to do it "real-time". Just see what works for you.

Once you have the audio down, then you can worry about the cash-consuming technical elements in being a "VJ".

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious