AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-06-20, 15:23   Link #1
Aiya Kasai

Can you help a name for my comic/manga?

Hey this site is really helpful so I think I should take a shot at asking you guys what name I should name my manga. It's kinda of a dumb story...so I don't want to sat too much...I want the name to be a cute catchy title that has to deal with food...or something having to deal with taste. Like there's a manga called lemonade....and one called strawberry eggs(even though I dunno if thats a actual food).

I came up with some names but my sister didn't think that sound like it popped out enough.

My ideas were:
Butter Scotch
BitterSweet
Spoiled
Lucky Dozen
Stir Up
Homemade-(er dunno the rest of the title...can't get the right word)

...*thinks* Nope...totally stuck for ideas. Well for more info on story...the characters go to highschool....and their class is the worst class in the whole school. One of the students doesn't like the class and does like a really weird revenge plan against them. This is ofcourse the summary without the really reatarded gimmick added in.

If you guys got ideas...please post.
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 15:54   Link #2
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Umami
sounds cute, japanese for taste (I think)

Well that's all I could find
maybe try thinking of all the foods that could be associated with cuteness like fairy cakes.
or since your mangas about revenge and they say "revenge is a dish best served cold" maybe think of all the cold foods, maybe flavours of ice cream.

well good luck with your manga ^^

(awesome artwork btw)
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 18:08   Link #3
Donovan
Struggling Artist

Send a message via MSN to Donovan
I like "Lucky Dozen."
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 04:29   Link #4
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
I second lucky dozen.

And uhm... I think strawberry eggs is already an anime? Unless you were making a fan manga/doujinshi??
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:25   Link #5
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Lightbulb ajiajiaji?

Aji is the japanese for "taste". Amami is more like "sweetness" I guess.
I like "Spoiled" but it's a bit short, imo. What about "Spoiledozen" ?

Good luck to you. ^^
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:28   Link #6
gin-san
Outcast Freelancer...

Butterscotch (spelled exactly like this) sounds pretty good for a light-hearted manga, but you'll have to put some significance to the title by incorporating it into the story. How you do that is of course up to you.

Keep us updated on that. We'll help as needed. Ganbatte!
gin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 14:04   Link #7
Aiya Kasai

hmm...well I like Lucky Doxen too...but it doesn't give the right ring. Like...this is one of those really wacky ranma 1/2 type of thing...and I liked Butterscotch but that seems too cute and less comedy.

Strawberry eggs was an example of a title(I acctually watched that anime)....another one that is close to how I want mine is Fruits Basket. It deals with animals but the name kind of tells you its not going to be a hard core shojo and may be cute or funny.

I acctually liked Umami or Amami for a title....but I have to make sure thats the correct meaning. I looked up Umami and it had some meaning close to taste...I dunno.
Old 2006-06-21, 15:55   Link #8
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Lucky Dozen is a cute name! I vote for it!
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 18:31   Link #9
Aiya Kasai

Thanks guys! Okay so alot of people like Lucky Dozen.

It's that or Baker's Dozen...what do you guys think?
Old 2006-06-21, 18:42   Link #10
Donovan
Struggling Artist

Send a message via MSN to Donovan
I'd say that Lucky Dozen sounds offhand more like something I'd want to read, but Baker's Dozen could work if bad luck somehow figured in, since a baker's dozen is 13. So, I'd say go with Lucky Dozen unless you have a really clever tie-in for Baker's Dozen.

Hmmm, hear or read a word too many times and it loses all meaning and starts sounding weird...
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 21:40   Link #11
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

How about Sugar.

Everyone likes sugar! :shifty eyes:
And by everyone, I mean myself. :shifty eyes some more:
Old 2006-06-22, 08:33   Link #12
katakami
another procrastinator

hhehe... uhm... if you're going with something like Butterscotch I think you gotta add one more word to it before or after.

Hmm... I think lucky dozen is still probably the best out of all those above but it would be meaningless if it had nothing to do with the story. A lot of anime series/manga series are titled after their main character, an ongoing theme or the essence of what the manga is about. Sometimes the title can mean all the difference between whether someone's going to pick it up and read it or just walk by it. Anyway, it is important, I could help you more if you did give a bit more info. ^^
Old 2006-06-22, 09:55   Link #13
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Actually, I've heard a title must always come last in the creation of a story. lol

Kiva, sorry, but I think "Sugar" is much too plain for a title. I can't think it's not been used yet. Aiya would get into trouble with copyrights.
And yeah, of course, I couldn't live without sugar either. ^^ so no shifty eyes.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 16:12   Link #14
Aiya Kasai

acctually to katakami....there are 12 people. O_o...*thinks*...wait thats confusing...okay let me just say the story....

The story line is that at the one of the richest and best highschools in japan there is one class that is the worst....the main character is a spoiled hot brat...there are 2 people who throw crap at each other....3 girls who combine a desk to make a small restraunt...a group of annoying fangirls...a guy who has a hot temper...a pretty boy who is too frightened...and a group of kids who throws crap at innocent girls. The main star(who isn't the main character...but the conflict comes from him) is a silent blank genius who has no emotion. He hates this class...and with his hidden hatred he makes up a revenge plan against his whole class. This is fine and interesting...but his plan is the weirdest plan ever. Instead of pulling a small prank he makes a candy that turns them into cute japanese food when they do their worst habbit.

Thats the summary for you...lol.

to continue what I said before...there are 12 people turned into food....so it makes since.
Old 2006-06-22, 19:23   Link #15
katakami
another procrastinator

hmmm... sounds chaoitic. ^^;;

In which case, I'm not sure if "Lucky Dozen" describes the story line.

I think it would be good if you could name it after whatever you name the magical candy. =)

Otherwise... some other suggestions:

Butterscotch chaos
Butterscotch revenge

~.~ hmm... I hope that helps! (even if I've created a new problem for you. ^^;; hahah... now you must name the candy!)
Old 2006-06-22, 19:39   Link #16
Aiya Kasai

I thought that too! But I had no idea what Shio(the genious guy) would name them. Ah....too confusing...he's not creative enough to come up with a name *scratchs head*.

I might keep Lucky Dozen cause its ironic....but I dunno. I'll get it right at some point...lol...thanks for helping out ^^
Old 2006-06-22, 23:00   Link #17
katakami
another procrastinator

kewlies... are you publishing this online? Tell us when you get some pages up! It might motivate my lazy butt do actually do something... ~_~ gyahh....
Old 2006-06-23, 00:21   Link #18
Aiya Kasai

Hmm yes I am planning on it....but after I have all of episode one done. That might take a bit cause I am always busy....and right now I am doing character sheets.

I can always make a thread about it and stuff....haha. Once I get my website up and some piccies of it.
Old 2006-06-23, 00:30   Link #19
Kiomi

Lucky Dozen

Hey people actually look interested in the manga ~_^

Im actually going to be the drawer for the manga because I have a Echi style. (girls and guys). I thought "people turning into fruit" would be a turn off, but it is so funny becuase its not slap stick its serious and the lil genious shio plays this prank on the class to proove a point.

hehe Im drawing a scene currently were shio is soppost to be trinking some tea...tho its obviously not complete.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Shio2copy.jpg
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 11:22   Link #20
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by katakami
hmmm... sounds chaoitic. ^^;;

In which case, I'm not sure if "Lucky Dozen" describes the story line.

I think it would be good if you could name it after whatever you name the magical candy. =)

Otherwise... some other suggestions:

Butterscotch chaos
Butterscotch revenge

~.~ hmm... I hope that helps! (even if I've created a new problem for you. ^^;; hahah... now you must name the candy!)
Oooooooh! I like "Butterscotch Chaos!" Sounds really anime-esque!
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote