AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-14, 19:50   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It never occurred to me for a moment either in the manga or the anime that Touma's stepmom meant any harm, or that he was remotely bothered. By contrast, she seems to go out of her way to be affectionate towards him so he knows there's no difference in her mind between he and her bio kids.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 02:02   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I know she doesn't mean harm, but she said right in this episode she keeps him "separate". And the way she calls him is different.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 05:17   Link #43
Ulin

I didn't know that Minami was the narrator (I've only watched Touch dubbed, I should rewatch it with the original voices...)
Classic gold Adachi here, Punch's name, the mother clarifying anyone about the "twins" and their family situation... but knowing Adachi she would probably be an important pillar for Touma in the future
And Sou is a womanizer... I guess it will change when the other girl in the opening appears
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 12:59   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I didn't know that Minami was the narrator (I've only watched Touch dubbed, I should rewatch it with the original voices...)
I watched it in Japanese and I didn't know that either. That's a really nice touch.
Old 2019-04-15, 15:37   Link #45
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's a really nice touch.
Pun(ch) intended?
Old 2019-04-15, 18:35   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Pun(ch) intended?
I'm ashamed to say it was
Old 2019-04-15, 20:11   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
I've never watched Touch, but can I just say how well Noriko Hidaka's voice has aged ?
Old 2019-04-20, 10:55   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Come to think of it, you have the right to compete too"

Yep, people will be fine with Touma getting with his stepsister. There were also clear signs in this episode that he likes her but is in denial.

Touma doesn't even get to be a relief pitcher. I guess the coach is worried that people from the outside will also start to question things seeing how Touma is so much better than the ace. His reputation would take a hit, assuming he's got any.
There's something off with the ace, incidentally. He's apparently really determined to win, yet skips on practice.

Souichirou wanted to be a pitcher too. Touma talked about changing schools but obviously one of them will remain there, however the other could become a pitcher at another school. It could be an interesting development.
Old 2019-04-20, 11:30   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Yep, people will be fine with Touma getting with his stepsister. There were also clear signs in this episode that he likes her but is in denial.

Touma doesn't even get to be a relief pitcher. I guess the coach is worried that people from the outside will also start to question things seeing how Touma is so much better than the ace. His reputation would take a hit, assuming he's got any.
There's something off with the ace, incidentally. He's apparently really determined to win, yet skips on practice.
Dying, maybe?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-20, 14:28   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Dying, maybe?
That...would be quite the twist.

I do wonder what's going to happen to him and the coach though because they seem to be the main ones standing in the way of progress. If this show follows the same structure as Cross Game, first the home team will need to be "purged" of its corruption before it can get serious in competitions, so they're going to have to be dealt with someway. That little hint might suggest that there is yet hope for the lazy ace though.

The coach is even more of a curiosity. If he's playing the long game just like the captain then he sure is doing a good job of hiding it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-20, 20:19   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What struck me about this sequence when I read it, actually, is little Natsuno showed serious cojones by going to the coach to complain on Touma's behalf. Good on him.
Old 2019-04-21, 03:14   Link #52
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Generally when most anime has the MC... "chancing" upon some girl's freshly washed undies, blood related or not, it's usually played on for some ecchi laughs. For shows like this it's really used as a chance for the MC and the viewer to recognize that the girl is becoming a lady, puberty and all.

I agree that the coach has some agenda or backup given his talk with Mr. No. 1. He likely understands that their team won't really make it into the big leagues with a pitcher that has poor stamina.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 03:16   Link #53
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:

Souichirou wanted to be a pitcher too. Touma talked about changing schools but obviously one of them will remain there, however the other could become a pitcher at another school. It could be an interesting development.
The "ace" probably knows that even if he works hard he will still be inferior to Touma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What struck me about this sequence when I read it, actually, is little Natsuno showed serious cojones by going to the coach to complain on Touma's behalf. Good on him.
... I'm pretty sure he was complaining for his own sake. Even with Touma there, he would be a relief pitcher at least.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 03:36   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It was more clear in the manga, but the main reason he was there was because of Touma.
Old 2019-04-21, 23:11   Link #55
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Is the song the band plays in episode two from another Adaichi adaptation?

I'm waiting for the "draw Punchi" song.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nomo's face is rather more complex though.

I wish the father were a bit less of a doofus.

I have a suspicion that Nikaidou, Jr, will prove a more sympathetic character as the story unfolds. I just wish he didn't look 43.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 16:53   Link #56
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is the song the band plays in episode two from another Adaichi adaptation?
Yep, it's the first
Touch Opening

Any deaths wouldn't be a twist... just classic Adachi at work

I smell that they are going to different high schools to face each other as pitchers, but since they wouldn't be facing each other as Hiro and Hideo in H2 did I'm not so sure...

What I'm more interested in now is why the father seems to be so misterious about Sou's dad
Old 2019-04-23, 06:08   Link #57
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Yep, it's the first
Touch Opening

Any deaths wouldn't be a twist... just classic Adachi at work

I smell that they are going to different high schools to face each other as pitchers, but since they wouldn't be facing each other as Hiro and Hideo in H2 did I'm not so sure...

What I'm more interested in now is why the father seems to be so misterious about Sou's dad
I think it would be stupid for them to join different schools as pitchers. What's that's the point in all the catcher/pitcher dynamic then?

I imagine that the dead father was actually a really talented pitcher. Since he didn't tell his son, the stepfather wants to respect his wishes.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-27, 10:39   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"Hey, it's Frieza's son!" is what I told myself, and then they actually made a joke about it during the preview. I wonder if his father will show up. It would be nice to know what happened to him after he fucked up his shoulder (IIRC).

Touma sure doesn't half-ass things when it comes to preventing Otomi from going on a date with another guy. He ranked in the top 5.

Nikaidou still acts like a total dick. There's definitely something up with him, but I'm not sure that excuses his behavior.
Old 2019-04-29, 06:03   Link #59
Ulin

Quote:
"Hey, it's Frieza's son!" is what I told myself, and then they actually made a joke about it during the preview. I wonder if his father will show up.
In fact, I think he appears in the preview, he's probably the adult with a beard in a baseball uniform.

Quote:
Nikaidou still acts like a total dick. There's definitely something up with him, but I'm not sure that excuses his behavior.
I don't get his role in the story once he is "defeated". I guess he will be the "first arc villian" but nothing else because he doesn't seem to have any reedeming qualities
Old 2019-05-04, 10:56   Link #60
Uribatake

Quote:
"Hey, it's Frieza's son!" is what I told myself, and then they actually made a joke about it during the preview. I wonder if his father will show up. It would be nice to know what happened to him after he fucked up his shoulder (IIRC).
Not only he showed up this week, but they brought Ryusei Nakao back to voice him. He said he's got both talent and accomplishments, so he must have won a tournament or two.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball, sports