Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 00:31   Link #2881
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Avoiding all together is not a good solution or worth commending. Basically it shows that, that person means next to nothing to you and that emotion you supposedly had was weaker that a piece of pencil led. Throwing away or forgetting your friends and the history you have with them is not a commendable solution. The actions show this, their friendship is of little worth to her. I did not say romantic relationship, I said friendship. I believe many of us have done this, even I have. And not once have I found that solution to be in the right, that solution falls under pathetic or lame. Don't think I'm hating on Mao because I hate her, I liked and supported her and Kouichi since the very beginning, but lately that wench needs a good slap or talk. She is only self satisfying herself right now and hurting those dear to her.

Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 02:57   Link #2882
vio5555

Quote:
Avoiding all together is not a good solution or worth commending. Basically it shows that, that person means next to nothing to you and that emotion you supposedly had was weaker that a piece of pencil led. Throwing away or forgetting your friends and the history you have with them is not a commendable solution. The actions show this, their friendship is of little worth to her. I did not say romantic relationship, I said friendship. I believe many of us have done this, even I have. And not once have I found that solution to be in the right, that solution falls under pathetic or lame, it is a solution that I have regret doing and will never do it again. Don't think I'm hating on Mao because I hate her, I liked and supported her and Kouichi since the very beginning, but lately that wench needs a good slap or talk. She is only self satisfying herself right now and hurting those dear to her.
You make some good points, but I think you're being a bit too hard on Mao for this situation. She's running away from Kouichi's feelings for her which have been developing rapidly as their subconscious history instilled in Kouichi has been kicking into high gear after she confessed.

What exactly is she supposed to do? She realizes that Yuumi really loves Kouichi and thinks that they're still going to be together in a long distance relationship. How is she supposed to handle living under the same roof or even just handling a normal relationship with Kouichi, since she realizes that her very presence is pulling Kouichi towards her. As a character she's extremely expressive and bubbly; I have no idea how she's supposed to repress her feelings and somehow keep Kouichi's bottled up.

In a sense, the whole thing boils down to a Catch-22 on her side. Being close to Kouichi makes their "just friends" relationship excoriatingly impossible to maintain (as the whole book block scene attests to), AND pulling away is having the same effect. The only way out then is a total break off with the hope that she and Kouichi recover eventually and move on from these feelings with other people. Maybe at that point they could resume a friendship in increments...

That's why I think its over the top to say she's acting in a self-interested manner. She thinks this is best for Kouichi, Yuumi, and herself even though it causes Kouichi and herself the most pain.

Either way, the whole thing is a trainwreck waiting to happen as we've well known. There was no easy way to disentangle their "just friends" relationship as well as KouichixYuumi and the overall triangle dynamic between the three of them that's been built on her supporting them, so we've gotten to this point and something in the dynamic needs to give; most probably, Yuumi freeing Kouichi so the dynamic can be broken easily.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 04:33   Link #2883
golthin

Quote:
Avoiding all together is not a good solution or worth commending. Basically it shows that, that person means next to nothing to you and that emotion you supposedly had was weaker that a piece of pencil led. Throwing away or forgetting your friends and the history you have with them is not a commendable solution. The actions show this, their friendship is of little worth to her. I did not say romantic relationship, I said friendship. I believe many of us have done this, even I have. And not once have I found that solution to be in the right, that solution falls under pathetic or lame, it is a solution that I have regret doing and will never do it again. Don't think I'm hating on Mao because I hate her, I liked and supported her and Kouichi since the very beginning, but lately that wench needs a good slap or talk. She is only self satisfying herself right now and hurting those dear to her.
So what is she supposed to do? Try to seduce him?
Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 04:59   Link #2884
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

What is the point of confessing to him, and THEN try to forget him? It doesn't go that way

If she would really want to forget him she would move away without confessing to him... I just think she doesn't want to be the reason of Yuumi and Kouichi break up
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 05:22   Link #2885
Westlo
Lets be reality

You're forgetting why she confessed in the first place, she was sick and the person she loved was pestering her about Kai and talking about doing anything he can to get them back together. She just snapped and it came out...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 06:11   Link #2886
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
What is the point of confessing to him, and THEN try to forget him? It doesn't go that way

If she would really want to forget him she would move away without confessing to him... I just think she doesn't want to be the reason of Yuumi and Kouichi break up
she didn't plan to confess to him! It just came out in that situation. She will not be the first one that is cornered, angry , sad, that when confronted in the way kouichi did just explodes and let it all out. She throwing him out of the room after she told him who she liked was not the normal conclusion of a confession. honestly, sometime I think people watch shows and they forgot everything that has happened before. the short term memory syndrome, or maybe the selective memory syndrome.

Mao had been planning to confess to kouichi for 10+ episodes and then throw him out of her room, then move out of the house and ignore him, she is a very calculating woman![/sarcasm]
Old 2008-03-09, 06:19   Link #2887
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Sheesh...this is the classic case for why people are afraid to confess to the one they like. If it goes wrong, there is a chance that they can't go back to being "just friends" because of the embarrassment. It's not mao's fault for falling for kouichi nor is it kouichi's fault for pushing her to know the truth.

The problem with using the word "friendship" is because their relationship has gone past that ages ago. Mao isn't called mao-nee chan for nothing, so it just shows that they are a lot closer, and people that are closer hurt more.

I agree that she isn't doing a good job by running away but at the same time, staying in the same house would only cause bigger misunderstandings and pain for both of them. If I were to blame someone, kouichi has to be the victim seen as he is taking years to sort out his own feelings...even Yumi realised before him sheesh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 06:25   Link #2888
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
honestly, sometime I think people watch shows and they forgot everything that has happened before. the short term memory syndrome, or maybe the selective memory syndrome.
This syndrome was clearly evident in the True Tears Episode 10 thread, by the way golthin which pairing do you want more?
Old 2008-03-09, 06:29   Link #2889
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I agree that she isn't doing a good job by running away but at the same time, staying in the same house would only cause bigger misunderstandings and pain for both of them. If I were to blame someone, kouichi has to be the victim seen as he is taking years to sort out his own feelings...even Yumi realised before him sheesh
Spoiler for episode 22:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This syndrome was clearly evident in the True Tears Episode 10 thread, by the way golthin which pairing do you want more?
Tell me about it! It is fun watching people just discuss thing about an episode without using the previous episode as background material. It is like they watch each episode as a stand alone thing instead of using all the information from previous episodes.

Eh! Isn't it obvious? MaoxKouichi! But if it happens to be the writers were just messing with my mind and ends YuumixKouichi I won't lose sleep about it.
Old 2008-03-09, 06:42   Link #2890
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ops! I mean which pairing out of Mao X Kouichi and the True Tears one!
Old 2008-03-09, 07:32   Link #2891
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ops! I mean which pairing out of Mao X Kouichi and the True Tears one!
I wanted AikoxShin. My prediction about Aiko all came true! So I am going to step down from the prediction stage now and leave with a 100% prediction rate . I never had high hopes for Aiko anyway, it was just the pairing I liked the most. I don't care which of the other two girls wins.
Old 2008-03-09, 08:26   Link #2892
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

the raw version is already out? how is that possible... it was added yesterday... isn't air date today...?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 08:41   Link #2893
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
how is that possible... it was added yesterday... isn't air date today...?
it airs sunday 1:30 am, Japan is ahead of the USA east coast by 13 hours. IT was available about 4:30 pm saturday!
Old 2008-03-09, 08:53   Link #2894
Lego

I think the general frustration golthin is that we've been teased the entire series with Mao's feelings for Kouichi and now when they're using some time to develop Kouichi's feelings for her many(including myself) are going "Wait, why is she just blowing him off". What needs to be said is that Mao loves him VERY much. Even in this episode even though I had my doubts she instantly thought of Kouichi's smiling face when she took a little break from studying, when walking festival stuff down with Kai she specifically mentioned to him that shes working on her feelings for Kouichi and that she has something to drive her(college) so she can try to get over those feelings, and if you notice she kept telling Eriko "things don't work out".

Besides the book I think the real killer for Kouichi was when Mao didn't say goodbye to him, or he didn't say goodbye to Mao. EVERYONE else said bye to Mao, and Mao likewise except Kouichi. Kouichi looks sad and who notices? Yuumi. Look at the look on Yuumi's face at that time and she can feel the pain that Kouichi is living with for Mao. Even when she tries to talk to him when they walk home, telling him that she wants to create a good memory(I still think she was inviting him in if this was another series) Kouichi just goes "seeya tomorrow". Then the book hit him and hit him hard.

His mom chews him out and he checks Mao's old room, still not believing the fact that shes gone and what does he find? Dog of Flanders. What happens? A flashback and then an INSTANT, and I repeat INSTANT breakdown. This is rare for Kouichi since during the whole series we haven't seen him cry once and it shows how hard that hit him that Mao is gone. Kouichi finally realized his real feelings for Mao, he loves her. Early on in the series of course he went after Yuumi because Mao showed no interest in him and he hadn't remembered them as kids. Then the whole Kai and Dog of Flanders thing happened, and boom.

Obviously Mao still loves Kouichi because of the 24 spoiler where
Spoiler:

I think the frustration comes from getting to that point since all of us are really waiting for that ending to see who finally breaks down, Mao or Kouichi. Since golthin is lurking you do think that Kouichi loves Mao like he loves Yuumi right? You don't sulk that much, cry over a book, and take a confession like that and not have romantic feelings aside from brother/sister. The guy is infatuated with Mao right now.

Yuumi has to do something since her relationship is drifting further and further away. Shes picking up on Kouichi's love for Mao left and right but isn't doing anything about it. I just can't see them going into a long distance relationship with Kouichi only visiting her every so often while Yuumi knows that Mao is just a few blocks away and how much he loves her. Then again they could make an ending where Mao is alone, Kouichi is alone(oh wouldn't that be interesting), or a Mao x Kouichi.

For Mao x Kouichi to happen Yuumi needs to step up and do something. We have two more episodes left with 24 having
Spoiler:
so something has to give.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-03-09 at 09:09.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 08:55   Link #2895
Blaat

Quote:
it airs sunday 1:30 am, Japan is ahead of the USA east coast by 13 hours. IT was available about 4:30 pm saturday!
12 hours, USA went into DST, the rest of the world didn't
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 09:25   Link #2896
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
12 hours, USA went into DST, the rest of the world didn't
DST was not in effect when episode 22 of kimikiss broadcast! IT is now 12 hours as you said but when episode 22 broadcast it was 13.
Old 2008-03-09, 09:29   Link #2897
Lego

I'm going to need to find something else to do to stop hyping myself up over this . Time to go on a spending spree at Rightstuf
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 09:42   Link #2898
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post

I think the frustration comes from getting to that point since all of us are really waiting for that ending to see who finally breaks down, Mao or Kouichi. Since golthin is lurking you do think that Kouichi loves Mao like he loves Yuumi right? You don't sulk that much, cry over a book, and take a confession like that and not have romantic feelings aside from brother/sister. The guy is infatuated with Mao right now.
There are different levels of love.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-09, 09:42   Link #2899
Blaat

Quote:
DST was not in effect when episode 22 of kimikiss broadcast! IT is now 12 hours as you said but when episode 22 broadcast it was 13.
I did mean at the moment ;p
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 09:59   Link #2900
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep22:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen