AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Akiyama Mio 83 38.43%
Hirasawa Yui 84 38.89%
Tainaka Ritsu 84 38.89%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 64 29.63%
Nakano Azusa 89 41.20%
Hirasawa Ui 41 18.98%
Suzuki Jun 26 12.04%
Manabe Nodoka 25 11.57%
Yamanaka Sawako 39 18.06%
Tachibana Himeko 30 13.89%
Ton-chan 22 10.19%
Other 9 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-05, 17:51   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yuu Asakawa (voice actress).. her appearance as Sawako's band buddy and having her sing with her on the character tunes was inspired if you know Yuu's singing background and former roles as a VA.
Old 2010-10-05, 22:21   Link #42
keroro gunsou

Now, Ritsu gets the top!!! (39 votes) Even Yui has votes of the same number,39 , I saw Ritsu got the top in the first time !!

Oh Ritsu gets 40 voters. Still Yui got 39 voters.

Last edited by keroro gunsou; 2010-10-06 at 10:13.
Old 2010-10-07, 06:47   Link #43
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
41 Votes for Ritsu right now... as many as Yui...

GO RICCHAN!!!
Old 2010-10-07, 14:31   Link #44
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post

Oh, and why is that people claim that K-On's story being boring (but cute) is okay because it's related to 'your daily life', but having Mio being boring but realistic is not? Sure, let's like Ritsu and Yui who are less similar to real people than Mio is.
Mio a realistic character? I didn't meet a single person who is like Mio and freaks out from everything.

But I met a bunch of people who are similar to Ritsu. Didn't meet Yui like but there are airheads out there, maybe not to such extend.

EDIT: Wow... Mio has only 35 votes while Yui and Ritsu are fighting for number one with 42 and 41 votes? Things sure had changed since season 1, in pleasing way for me. Finally Ritsu gets the deserved love.

Sad that Mugi and Sawako are still low in numbers, but I guess you can't have everything so I will be enjoying whatever I can get.

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-10-07 at 14:42.
Old 2010-10-07, 14:59   Link #45
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Ritsu would be the more realistic one than Mio. I would say that the latter is shortsighted when it comes to alot of things (as typical of most highschool students who think that the piece of paper is a guarantee to a safe future), but pragmatic.

Highschool is a one-time memory to make in life - there is no second chance to make them. There is a need to balance both school and play to have an enriching experience.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-10-07, 16:34   Link #46
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I'm pretty happy with Ritsu's place as second right now. I remember seeing popularity polls all the way from season one, some without Ritsu even placing (during overall top characters in Japan).

As for how realistic the characters are... Really, none of them are that realistic xD I haven't really seen a Ritsu-type person without having them be overly b*tchy... I've talked to a couple of people who remind me of Mio (although they have morals too strong to be as flexible as she is) and a couple people who've reminded me of Yui (but no where near as cute). None of Mugi... A lot of people in high school right now aren't as relaxed and go-with-the-flow as she is... Or maybe my type of personality has just prevented me from talking to anybody like that...

Anyways, back on topic, GO RITSU!
Old 2010-10-07, 19:04   Link #47
kitten320

Lol, Mugi is only 4 votes apart with Mio

Yeh, Mio period sure has passed...

She would be a much better character is she was given a time to grow as a character... or would act something similar to Yomi, her lost twin sister from Ga Rei series.
Old 2010-10-07, 19:55   Link #48
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

In my opinion, season 1 concentrate at Mio's moeness. However, Season 2 mostly concentrate at Azusa and the others rather than Mio. That's why Mio's period has passed, I think... XD

Last edited by Forte; 2010-10-07 at 20:54.
Old 2010-10-07, 21:52   Link #49
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
I can't believe what i'm seeing, ,Ritsu on the top? Holy yes!
Mio is dropping in her counts, not surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon

Oh, and why is that people claim that K-On's story being boring (but cute) is okay because it's related to 'your daily life', but having Mio being boring but realistic is not? Sure, let's like Ritsu and Yui who are less similar to real people than Mio is.
I won't say Mio is realistic either. Not that i met any~~...but that's what make her rather special in the anime at the first place. But if you kill off her 'super fear trait' , Mio can be really a normal person that you encounter anywhere.

Quote:
originally poster by bloppyblue
As for how realistic the characters are... Really, none of them are that realistic xD I haven't really seen a Ritsu-type person without having them be overly b*tchy... I've talked to a couple of people who remind me of Mio (although they have morals too strong to be as flexible as she is) and a couple people who've reminded me of Yui (but no where near as cute). None of Mugi... A lot of people in high school right now aren't as relaxed and go-with-the-flow as she is... Or maybe my type of personality has just prevented me from talking to anybody like that...
In fact I've seen quite a lot of Ritsu. And the fact I'm living with one- my sister really reminds me of her. LEO person- they does have strong characteristic, and loud in a way.

I think all characters deserves their own winning. They are all really special.
Old 2010-10-07, 22:59   Link #50
keroro gunsou

Ritsu is essentially realistic character as highschool girl, only exaggerated !
Exaggeration is needed for anime !

But I guess Mio is not realistic character.... Yui is more nonrealistic than Mio....
Anyway I want to make friends with Ritsu, if Ritsu is real person.
Old 2010-10-08, 00:13   Link #51
hahaudon_ts

I think all the girls are based on real

Out there, must be someone who always fear or shy something, or airhead , or strong character etc. . But "based on" is different than "the same". None of the real girls can be this cute )

Anyway, I like all character in K-ON, I want to make friend with all of them if ther are real(except Azunyan cause I love her . Azunyan is mine :">)
Old 2010-10-08, 00:28   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, they're all "real" to the extent that 20-some-odd episodes of 20 minutes each can create the illusion of depth. You can find any number of real world people that would fit the same 20-words-or-less description. Its just that you get enough exposure to a real person to learn a lot of nuance that the illusion of a series can't really match.
Old 2010-10-08, 02:58   Link #53
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaudon_ts View Post
I think all the girls are based on real

Out there, must be someone who always fear or shy something, or airhead , or strong character etc. . But "based on" is different than "the same". None of the real girls can be this cute )
Of course they are, with some 'others thingy' added...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaudon_ts View Post
Anyway, I like all character in K-ON, I want to make friend with all of them if ther are real(except Azunyan cause I love her . Azunyan is mine :">)
I really understand about that... XDD I just realized that I fell for 2D girl since I saw the headbandless Ritsu... Lol... *smacked*
Old 2010-10-08, 06:22   Link #54
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Just wondering, is it already to use this favourite character(s) thread as a general character discussion thread as well? Cause we can't discuss about every character in a character-specific thread, and the general series thread doesn't really fit.
Old 2010-10-08, 09:43   Link #55
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I'm pretty happy with Ritsu's place as second right now. I remember seeing popularity polls all the way from season one, some without Ritsu even placing (during overall top characters in Japan).

As for how realistic the characters are... Really, none of them are that realistic xD I haven't really seen a Ritsu-type person without having them be overly b*tchy...
Are you saying that Ritsu isn't a bit of a jerk? She ripped up Mio's literary club application form at the start of the series, generally drags her into things against her will, was notably jealous of Nodoka for being friends with Mio in their second year, perpetually neglects her responsibilities to the club, mocks Yui as often as she serves as Yui's comic foil in some practical joke, played a rather cruel joke on Azusa in Episode 26 (almost reducing her to tears,) and once pitched this huge whine-fest about how playing the drums keeps her out of the spotlight.

I'd say Ritsu is very realistic. She's just blessed with a group of friends who are remarkably tolerant of the shortcomings of her character.
Old 2010-10-08, 10:33   Link #56
kitten320

True, actually you just need to get used to such person. They might seem mean atfirst glance but eventually you start warm up to them.

Of course there are those who put all those traits to higher degree and then they do look very mean and probably are...
Old 2010-10-08, 11:00   Link #57
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

If I will choice by realistic. Maybe Jun and UI?

I Voted in Mio and Mugi because I have much more funny moments and nice surprises with this characters.

Sorry my English.
Old 2010-10-08, 11:48   Link #58
Micromonster
Tiny Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, they're all "real" to the extent that 20-some-odd episodes of 20 minutes each can create the illusion of depth. You can find any number of real world people that would fit the same 20-words-or-less description. Its just that you get enough exposure to a real person to learn a lot of nuance that the illusion of a series can't really match.
I agree completely with Vexx. I doubt it is possible to create someone absolutely realistic in a relatively short anime (Or a long one, for that matter - because there are plenty of opportunities to screw up in a longer story). A person is composed of not just one or two, but at least a dozen layers that help define their character.

To make someone realistic... you need a lifetime for that. Only in that much time can you introduce the many different things, small quirks and whatnot that makes a person who they are, or show the experiences that shaped them that way.

But I'd say that the second season of K-On managed quite well, given the limited time/episodes that they had. They made a relatively good illusion.

And I'd agree with GMT too. Ritsu's negative side is very realistic and adds more depth to her, compared to Mugi for example. We have never really seen Mugi snap or lose her pleasant, polite persona(triple alliteration!), but I also believe that's due to the nature of the K-On show. Heck, some people even raged at Ritsu's drama and irrational jealousy (but aren't we all irrational sometimes?), while I think that was a good touch and only made her more believable.

Back on topic - I voted for the aforementioned genki girl. And she's currently at the top!
Old 2010-10-08, 12:06   Link #59
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromonster View Post
Back on topic - I voted for the aforementioned genki girl. And she's currently at the top!
And with quite a lead too. That's impressive.

I guess her frequent exposure in season 2 made a world of difference compared to season 1, which was basically all about Mio (and Yui to some extent).
Old 2010-10-08, 12:20   Link #60
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I guess her frequent exposure in season 2 made a world of difference compared to season 1, which was basically all about Mio (and Yui to some extent).
I dont agree.
For me Ritsu was impressive in season 1 !!

At least,Ritsu's irrational jealousy to Nodoka is not negative for me.
Her feeling, Mio would go away,meant her strong friendship to Mio.
She expressed her jealousy so clearly.

And, She asked Mio to stay with me more until Im sleep, it is her honesty.
This scene is very sweet...