AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 16:15   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Guilty Crown - Mecha, Weapons, and Technology

As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Guilty Crown Mecha, Weapons, and Technology

Please keep discussion about plot and storylines in the relevant Episode Discussion threads, not here. It's also a good idea that this thread discuss things that have shown up in the anime, manga or light novel - discussion of things that have only been announced should stay in the appropriate thread.

Note that because of the nature of this thread, there may be spoilers for non-anime Guilty Crown works. Please keep such spoilers to a minimum, and use well-titled spoiler tags whenever possible.

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title to let everyone know what you're spoiling![/spoiler]
Spoiler for title:

Be polite to your fellow forum members and try and keep the discussion on topic and above all, enjoy.
Old 2011-12-15, 20:24   Link #2
djmaca
My Girl ↓

So on void: We have seen almost every type imaginable: weapons, furniture and tools... But I would really like to see is a vehicle type....
Old 2011-12-16, 12:12   Link #3
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So on void: We have seen almost every type imaginable: weapons, furniture and tools... But I would really like to see is a vehicle type....
I'm sure that would be a bitch to pull out and a whole load of pain for the person it's being pulled out off
Old 2011-12-16, 17:35   Link #4
Tenza-Zangetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I'm sure that would be a bitch to pull out and a whole load of pain for the person it's being pulled out off
but doesn't it just crystallize on his hand, not coming out of them?
Old 2011-12-16, 20:23   Link #5
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Has there been any details about the Endlaves?

It's like a cross between Code Geass Knightmare frames with Avatar.

While it's impressive since the pilot is safe within friendly lines I do not get why they feedback everything that the machine feels. When Gai was shooting Daryl's head he actually felt it. When Ayase was being beaten she also felt all of the punches like it was her own body.

Doesn't seem to make sense to have a robot that fragile.
Old 2011-12-17, 14:43   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Has there been any details about the Endlaves?.
Not that I can recall, which kind of makes this thread something of an unfortunate farce. Then again there hasn't been much in the way of detail about anything in this show. Some of the old school Super Robot animes probably went into more detail about how their tech works even if it was mostly stuff like "Getter Rays power evolution and are harmful to dinosaurs".
Old 2011-12-18, 10:09   Link #7
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenza-Zangetsu View Post
but doesn't it just crystallize on his hand, not coming out of them?
Yeah, but Shu had to dip his hands onto the person first.

And I don't think it will cause any pain: remember the guy whose void is a fridge?
Old 2012-02-17, 09:27   Link #8
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Endlaves are ugly and they lack variety in weapons. They are also weak.
Old 2012-02-25, 09:32   Link #9
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Fancy that! I've found information about the Endraves when I was reading some info about the spinoff game!

エンドレイヴ

正式名称は“Endoskeleton remote slave armor”=「内骨格型遠隔遠隔操縦式装甲車両」。内骨格に複数のモーターや電動アクチュエータ、バッテ リーをマウントした、人が乗り込まず遠隔操作で操る人型のロボット兵器。アポカリプスウィルス研究の副産物 として生まれた「ゲノムレゾナンス伝送技術」によって、操縦者は感覚を完全に「メカ側」に移行するため、あ たかも自分がエンドレイヴになったかのような感覚で操縦することができる。

技術の発展に伴ってアニメ本編の2039年では小型化・人型化が進むエンドレイヴだが、ゲームの舞台となる 2029年は、まだエンドレイヴの運用が始まったばかりであり、かなり大型ユニットで重機の面影を色濃く残 している。

Translation is always welcome!

Also about the two types of them:
▼エンドレイヴ(デザインA)
ゲーム本編に登場予定のプロトタイプエンドレイヴ。
10年後のアニメ本編のエンドレイヴとは異なり、かなり大型のユニットで、重機の面影を色濃く残し ている。

▼エンドレイヴ(デザインB)
アニメ本編では旧型であるエンドレイヴ“ジュモウ”に似た形状のプロトタイプエンドレイヴ。
銃火器が装備されているが、軍用機体だろうか?
Old 2012-02-26, 19:41   Link #10
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is the Power of King seems weak to you? I mean, you can only draw someone who is below 17 year old. This alone makes this power restricted to many scenarios.

But then, if you make the power of king can be drawn from everyone, it would be too overpowered.

So I wonder, what is the best solution for this if you are the writer to make it flexible to use and at the same time, it doesn't give you the feeling of overpowered or instant win?
Old 2012-02-27, 07:20   Link #11
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Has there been any details about the Endlaves?

It's like a cross between Code Geass Knightmare frames with Avatar.

While it's impressive since the pilot is safe within friendly lines I do not get why they feedback everything that the machine feels. When Gai was shooting Daryl's head he actually felt it. When Ayase was being beaten she also felt all of the punches like it was her own body.

Doesn't seem to make sense to have a robot that fragile.
The way I see it, they are pretty much implanting the pilot's consciousness into the suit and controlling it by thought.

This would in a sense enable near endless array of movement with the pilot effectively moving the suit as if it was their own body.

They see through the senses of the suit and a price for that is that they share the frame's pain and are forcefully ejected when damage is too great to avoid excessive mental trauma.

By having the pilot safe behind the lines, you can simply put them into the next available unit. That way if a particular unit was given a special assignment and was taken out, they could simply swap the pilot out of the next immediately available frame and continue the mission.

It's very similar to how the Tau Crisis Suits are piloted in the WH40K universe. Except the pilot is really in the suit. And I can't remember the exact name for it but I recall reading some fluff stating that if a suit lost an arm in combat, the Shas would often feel as if they truly lost a limb and would often lead to excessive mental trauma. (PTSD)

Laugh now but I highly suspect this sort of Command and Control will be common place in the military of the future.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-02-27, 13:03   Link #12
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
If it was like Avatar then I have no issue with it.

These are mechanical beings that do not share the same skin as organics so how is it that they can feel pain on that level?

It's ridiculous as it means even a light infantryman can take one down by simply firing rounds at the head to cause trauma pain.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:49   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
The way I see it, they are pretty much implanting the pilot's consciousness into the suit and controlling it by thought.

This would in a sense enable near endless array of movement with the pilot effectively moving the suit as if it was their own body.

They see through the senses of the suit and a price for that is that they share the frame's pain and are forcefully ejected when damage is too great to avoid excessive mental trauma.

By having the pilot safe behind the lines, you can simply put them into the next available unit. That way if a particular unit was given a special assignment and was taken out, they could simply swap the pilot out of the next immediately available frame and continue the mission.

It's very similar to how the Tau Crisis Suits are piloted in the WH40K universe. Except the pilot is really in the suit. And I can't remember the exact name for it but I recall reading some fluff stating that if a suit lost an arm in combat, the Shas would often feel as if they truly lost a limb and would often lead to excessive mental trauma. (PTSD)

Laugh now but I highly suspect this sort of Command and Control will be common place in the military of the future.
It's actually a forseeable evolution in controlling stuff in the future but rather than feel pain, it could be designed such that it's a sensation of numbness. Unless the feedback overwhelms any in-built safeties