AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 22.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-20, 00:24   Link #61
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
From the looks of this episode, it seems like Suzaku and Lelouch will end up fighting together in the end against the emperor.
I'm not so sure about that. Something tells me why they both dislike what is going on, Lelouch's methods will be the deciding factor for which way Suzaku ends up going. I think Lelouch is going to get so deep into his desire for revenge that he's going to get to a point where he crosses a line he knows he shouldn't cross and that is what is going to break that friendship up.

That or the death of Nanly as a result of Lelouch's actions. Whatever comes first.

Thought the episode was pretty good. No one commented that the Lancelot crew were stationed outside of the school. I wonder though if they expect something to happen or if they have more interest in Suzaku other then just him being the pilot they need.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 01:51   Link #62
evil-samurai

I wasn't sure about the cat scene at first... but after it kept going on I loved! it especially when we were hearing Lelouch talk "This isn't funny" or the.. "By a car.. a mere Cat!" I was a kinda surpized that the comedy was so over the top but I dont mind since it was put together so well =)

Cant wait till next episode, one thing I almost sure it will have is more Pizza hut!
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 05:28   Link #63
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

My prediction is that they'll fight over a few small matters and then suddenly realise the emperor is a much bigger threat than thought, so instead of clinging to their own ideals, they decide to compromise and get rid of the bigger threat as the climax to the story.

I mean, the emperor just reeks of 'Big Boss Villain'

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 06:05   Link #64
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I don't know... Isn't all this revenge stuff began with the death of Lulu's mother?

If CLAMP was the script writers (and I know they are not; this is a "what if" scenario), Lulu would eventually find out that no one plotted to kill his mother in the royal family, and that for once the media told the truth. That perhaps the Japanese Terrorists did kill his mother.

Naturally, this then mean Lulu would turn on his followers and slaughter them all.

Don't forget, Lulu isn't actually sympathetic towards the Japanese cause; he is only interested in the well-being of his sister, as well as revenge for the pain the two of them had suffered.

And if the Japanese Resistance were fundamentally responsible for his pain and the disabilities of his sister?

Things would get nasty indeed... Very nasty.
Old 2006-11-21, 12:24   Link #65
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:

The Emperor is pretty good at making himself a hatable guy. Putting out that inequality is absolutely right and equality is an evil thing. Thankfully the show is making it an easy task to want this empire taken down. For Suzaku I don't think it'll be easy to convince that guy to change things. Really the best shot he has at getting into the system and changing it is if Lelouch starts taking out the higher ups in the Empire. Then Suzaku gets together with Euphemia and gets a really good position to make changes from.
Interesting. Though I can't exactly find myself hating the Emperor. Especially when what he did say in a sense is actually true. The part about birth and other facts that do differ from person to person. Where not everyone is born healthy, nor into a good environment, etc. I wouldn't go as far as to say that equality is evil but it's definently another thing when it comes to trying to reach its absolute, in terms of how it effects competition and life purpose. The world wouldn't be much in the form of "active" if everyone was strictly peaceful within a truly equal world.

And really, with the way he framed with the speech where he even is somewhat ok with Clovis getting killed and that it occuring is actually is a "positive" kind of seems to also say that his position is up for grabs as long as you actually can successfully do it. Almost like he's calling Lelouch out to come for his head.

Oh yeah, the comedy segment was pretty amusing. The part about "coming out" was priceless.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 18:06   Link #66
katsumi
ghostly member

It was a solid episode, although the cat chase initially made me go like , but somehow it got funny. To have some comedic elements to enlighten the serious mood of the overall story was nice.

The sequences, where the Empereror says, he has just talked to Clovis was intriguing. It makes me wonder if Clovis is really dead (or has kind of gone into another state of being). Ah, well, I guess I'm just being paranoid about supposedly dead characters coming back miracously in anime
As a side note: That "All hail Britannia" plus the view over the anonymous crowd at the end of the empereror's speech gave me the creeps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38 View Post
Interesting. Though I can't exactly find myself hating the Emperor. Especially when what he did say in a sense is actually true. The part about birth and other facts that do differ from person to person. Where not everyone is born healthy, nor into a good environment, etc. I wouldn't go as far as to say that equality is evil but it's definently another thing when it comes to trying to reach its absolute, in terms of how it effects competition and life purpose. The world wouldn't be much in the form of "active" if everyone was strictly peaceful within a truly equal world.
The Empereror's speech migth be true in parts regarding differences in people (like appearances, height, origin, etc...), but for me it felt like he was implying that no effort whatsoever should be made concerning equal rights or even changing one's circumstances. And that's a huge difference. People vary from each other in looks, abilities etc, but even so they all should be treated equal IMHO. It was like he was saying "You are poor/stupid/ insert random trait or difference, so you don't deserve better" or the like.
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 05:52   Link #67
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
As a side note: That "All hail Britannia" plus the view over the anonymous crowd at the end of the empereror's speech gave me the creeps...
That television isn't probably used to watch football game either...

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?im...efunerauv2.jpg
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 06:12   Link #68
katsumi
ghostly member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
That television isn't probably used to watch football game either...

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?im...efunerauv2.jpg
Yeah, but that would be more fun
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 12:31   Link #69
Bloodseeker

"Aren't you getting chubby?"

Not good advertising.

So the geass doesn't work on cats, I take it?

Lelouche is out of shape... too much pizza.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 01:53   Link #70
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Highlight of the episode, blind and wheelchair bound loli purring into a schoolwide loudspeaker broadcast.

Lulu is probably going to lose a large number of his geass killing off the wolves that start showing up at his door.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 01:40   Link #71
Pakxenon
popcorn

I must tell myself: Code Geass =! Death Note....................

Overall a fun episode, but all it denotes are these things: accept Suzaku into the school, show the irony of Lelouch's powers, showcase some relationships, and show some backplot. Really average, in my opinion, though I still enjoyed the episode: 6/10.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:16   Link #72
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Catching up to this series and just got to this point. The cat chase was kinda fun eventhough it was ridicilous, and it did help alleviate the tension towards Suzuka. But anyway, I just had to comment on Nina; I totally hate her already. If her shy introduction to Karen wasn't enough (and ridicilous tbh) her Eleven-fear/bias is even worse. She could get hit by a stray bullet for all I care.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:32   Link #73
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Catching up to this series and just got to this point. The cat chase was kinda fun eventhough it was ridicilous, and it did help alleviate the tension towards Suzuka. But anyway, I just had to comment on Nina; I totally hate her already. If her shy introduction to Karen wasn't enough (and ridicilous tbh) her Eleven-fear/bias is even worse. She could get hit by a stray bullet for all I care.
shes more scary that actualy hateable, youll find out why she's scary as you catch on tot he current episode o.o;
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:37   Link #74
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Sounds like she might turn into a bit of a psycho because of her abnormal fear? Can't say I'm too surprised if that's true, in which case I'll cheer even harder if she gets hit by a stray bullet.
Old 2007-01-05, 14:35   Link #75
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Sounds like she might turn into a bit of a psycho because of her abnormal fear? Can't say I'm too surprised if that's true, in which case I'll cheer even harder if she gets hit by a stray bullet.
ooh then ill cheer allong side of you but it isnt psycho she'll turn into i think would be even beter if she did cosidering hr currnt actions
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 21:51   Link #76
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well, after seeing #8 it seems Nina had some sort of traumatic experience involving Japanese/Elevens. Still don't like her too much but I'll be content if she doesn't take up too much screentime.