AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 16:31   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I'm expecting a Sekai ending; any chance Summer Days gets animated if this show does well?
At the moment i'd say there's a 50/50 chance. You also have to keep in the mind the amount of hype surrounding School Days becoming an anime has been pretty hectic (we all know why) for a good length of time now. So there's a good chance that could be passed to Summer Days.
Old 2007-03-22, 16:34   Link #22
mone-chan

Genre: School Life, Horror
tells me that it has to be one of the bad endings (or multiple ones where they take the story and tell it 2 or 3 times with different storylines. This would keep the story as a 6 episode OVA like in the game and still have a 12 to 24 episode series. I also think it will be rated R-15.
mone-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:39   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That listing under genre was created by me, so it doesn't prove that any of the bad endings will be animated. I have no advance knowlege to back up that claim. I'd just be surprised if they ignored the reason that this game got so much attention. Without that, it is just another bishoujo game.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:41   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Without that, it is just another bishoujo game.
I'd just like to point out that there's nothing wrong with that. Its a great cast of character (together with a wonderful musical score), but yes, and the end of the day the game is most known for those scenes --- and i agree it won't be a good idea to leave such scenes out, even if they're located within the number of endings.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-22, 16:51   Link #25
mone-chan

ANN lists it as Drama, Romance and as having 6 episodes so if they are correct it will only have 1 storyline
Old 2007-03-22, 16:53   Link #26
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ It is still unique in the aspect that in normal H games you "score" in the end with one character, while here Makoto is screwing all over the place... even though you are supposed to have control over him

Assuming we get a "normal" ending - my money is on Sekai. For the sole reason that i prefer Kotonoha by a mile, but it is a long known fact that "my girl" never wins ... and the chances of him ending up with another girl are pretty minuscule (could you even achieve that in the game ?)
Old 2007-03-22, 17:16   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mone-chan View Post
Genre: School Life, Horror
tells me that it has to be one of the bad endings (or multiple ones where they take the story and tell it 2 or 3 times with different storylines. This would keep the story as a 6 episode OVA like in the game and still have a 12 to 24 episode series. I also think it will be rated R-15.
Only 6 eps

I was hoping for a tv series.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:17   Link #28
DanielSong39

School Days is unique in that it has several types of endings, as opposed to games where you score with various girls. If I had to handicap the possible endings, it would look something like this:

How will School Days end?
Sekai EVEN
Kotonoha 3-2
Field (any other girl) 15-1
No-girl ending 20-1
Bloody ending 50-1
Threesomes ending 100-1

If it weren't for the poster, I'd take a stab on the Field and see if Setsuna could pull off the upset. The "Wife" ending would be a very interesting one to see... maybe they'll save that one for Summer Days?

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-05-30 at 00:38.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:19   Link #29
Question
Crossdresser

Its only going to be horror if the series heads towards one of the infamosu gory endings.

Bridge scence is my favourite personally. Also i think schooldays started the whole "killer lolis WITH A SAW" meme.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:22   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just to clear up --- it has not been confirmed how many episodes this series shall be. The six episode fact that some has brought up is linked to the animated video that is related to the game. Nothing to do with the TV series.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:26   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thank you for that. Because of the long expectation about this show there is already a lot of misinformation floating around. I created a new thread with the announcement and closed the old one specifically to keep too many people from reading those old errors and thinking that they have any basis in fact.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:32   Link #32
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Produce by TNK of Kyoshiro To Eien No Sora fame.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 17:34   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just to clear up --- it has not been confirmed how many episodes this series shall be. The six episode fact that some has brought up is linked to the animated video that is related to the game. Nothing to do with the TV series.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Thank you for that. Because of the long expectation about this show there is already a lot of misinformation floating around. I created a new thread with the announcement and closed the old one specifically to keep too many people from reading those old errors and thinking that they have any basis in fact.
I like rumors and misformation. Sometimes i will make thing s up and add to the rumor mill just for the heck of it.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:38   Link #34
mone-chan

The Game itself was broken up into 4-6 "episode" type blocks with an opening and ending to each '"episode". Depending on which path you took the length of the story was different. Most of the endings were the 6 episode storylines not the 4 or 5 ones. ANN does list it as being 6 episodes and moonphase has it listed as a TV series.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:41   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mone-chan View Post
ANN does list it as being 6 episodes and moonphase has it listed as a TV series.
I have already explained the misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Old 2007-03-22, 18:20   Link #36
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Produce by TNK of Kyoshiro To Eien No Sora fame.
Any idea who the director is? I am hoping the guy who directed KGNE will direct this.
Old 2007-03-22, 19:47   Link #37
shadowplay
passive observer

Wow, if you're looking for next KGNE get ready for big disappointment then, SD is nowhere near that when it comes to story or (emotional) depth.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 20:22   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A romance series with a bloody ending!!!!!??? I am all in!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 21:10   Link #39
wontaek

Although R-15 is most likely, they may make this one of the R-18 TV broadcast. They have to show some explicit scenes, or has to introduce extra dialogues to let the viewers know they really did it. The producers would already know where the fame of this anime comes from, so although they would likely go with more romantic endings, they will probably pay tribute to the violent scenes by showing them almost in its entirety only be foiled at the last possible moment by heroic superhuman deeds by other characters. Unless they will alter the sequence of events a bit, this would make a certain character ending more likely, since it will be easier to incorporate more of the violent scenes. If the violent scenes will be in the series, it is also likely the main male character will have physical relation with more than one girl, possibly as many as four if the whole story gets changed a little; this would likely make the main male character the most hated main character ever. I have to say, some of the other non-violent scenes and endings are very controversial as well, so I wonder how much shock they will try to pack into this anime series.
Old 2007-03-22, 21:34   Link #40
-Breakthrough-

Oh man. This is going to be great!
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere