AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 08:55   Link #42901
HasuMasu
*Artist

No, she's head of field, there is executive behind the scenes branch.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 08:59   Link #42902
Eratas123

Doesn't that make her co-head rather than underling?
Old 2013-05-07, 09:00   Link #42903
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Think more along the lines of president to army general Erachi
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 09:09   Link #42904
Eratas123

Given that she's the head of the assault faction, she IS the general. So the only person higher than her is the president.
Old 2013-05-07, 09:44   Link #42905
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Go Go TechDesc:

Spoiler for Orbital Guard Package (Athena):

Spoiler for Orbital Guard Package (Noa):

Based off the GN Arms, only without the feet claws. And since the Noa and Athena are meant to be identical in terms of frame design, only thing different between the two Packages are their weapons.

As it's still rough draft, I'm open to improvement advice
Old 2013-05-07, 10:08   Link #42906
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not entirely sure what type of asteroid you're up against but I can't help imagining that you're trying to hunt a giant space horseshoe crab. Generlly debris clearance is probably better with energy weapons.

I should probably stop listening to gundam unicorn music. That stuff just screws with me emotionally. I don't even know why. :/
Old 2013-05-07, 10:21   Link #42907
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I might throw that in if I could. :B

But no, as it is, the two units are out trying to wipe out a whole bunch of meteoroids on a collision course for Earth.

Particle-based weapons deal not only thermal but kinetic damage to an extent. The way they are equipped, Athena gets to chop things up to size and Noa goes around cleaning up the bits, occasionally supporting the Athena in breaking up bigger rocks with the Meteor Breaker which is basically a Beam Magnum. (Only more literal since it has revolving chambers, like a real magnum)
Old 2013-05-07, 10:29   Link #42908
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically, what you want is something that efficiently reduces meteors to pebbles. I suggest radomes or something too that can scan hundreds upon millions of targets and perform instaneous telemetry so they know if the rocks are small enough. Energy weapons are only good because they generally don't leave debris.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:47   Link #42909
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The radomes and scanners are already in a form of a satellite which already notified them of the impending shower. Thing is, said satellite is only accessible to a couple of individuals, one of them being one of Athena's OCs. (One of the main reasons why none of the CCs or anyone else would know of the incoming meteoroids.)

I'll look into the energy weapons part. Though the main reason I went with ion-particle weaponry is because the two units are built as such that in dense presence of ions, their power levels regenerate quickly. Taking into account the solar winds being expelled from the Sun, the two units are pretty much draining as much power using the Orbital Guard Packages as they would replenish it.
Old 2013-05-07, 11:12   Link #42910
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Again, just make it high output. And that data feed better be accurate. You don't want to smash a meteor the size of japan then end up with 3 taiwans. @_@
Old 2013-05-07, 19:01   Link #42911
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I take each of those Ion booster had output in hundred Kilo/ several megawatts?

Because... you know, 10 Kilowatt/Kilogram force of thrust....

Ion booster's true strength is endurance (they use seven or eight times less propellant compared to rocket during the same timeframe)

EDIT: If you strictly speaking maximum velocity and space maneuvering though, it's awesome, 100 km/s delta V and all, compared to 3-7 km/s on conventional rocket

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-05-07 at 19:37.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 20:05   Link #42912
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well it is a unit built for outer space use. It's GN Arms without the feet, basically. Is it good for interception maneuvers though?
Old 2013-05-07, 20:14   Link #42913
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Interception in space is defined by space maneuver, taking account of two factors: Acceleration and Delta V

Ion thruster, in practice, will have bad acceleration rate due to power requirement. But if you handwave it with sufficiently powerful energy source, it's usage as maneuvering thruster is wicked, thanks to it's high Delta V.

Do note though, in space, sufficiently powerful thruster is also sufficiently powerful weapon and vice versa. Megawatt ion thruster count as megawatt ion cannon at point blank, but megawatt ion cannon is also megawatt thruster by default.

Reference: Anti-micrometeorite ion thruster concept
Old 2013-05-07, 21:27   Link #42914
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Powerful energy source... Maybe a similar ion-absorption feature that's also built into Athena and Noa? That way, they're practically flying around in a pool of power source.
Old 2013-05-08, 03:13   Link #42915
DarkJak2050

Okay, I'm wondering something about Laura. How fast is her knife speed?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's faster than this Navy SEAL Vet.

And my guys had Navy SEAL Vets like him as their instructors during their "Basic" Training for Thunder Crash.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 04:41   Link #42916
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Doesn't that make her co-head rather than underling?
"Cut off one head---!!!"

...sorry. Had to sneak that in.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 08:17   Link #42917
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Powerful energy source... Maybe a similar ion-absorption feature that's also built into Athena and Noa? That way, they're practically flying around in a pool of power source.
May I propose my idea? It's a suggestion rather than something necessary.
Spoiler for Bussard Tech:

Just my 2 cent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Okay, I'm wondering something about Laura. How fast is her knife speed?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's faster than this Navy SEAL Vet.

And my guys had Navy SEAL Vets like him as their instructors during their "Basic" Training for Thunder Crash.
Faster, she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
"Cut off one head---!!!"

...sorry. Had to sneak that in.
Well, I am pretty sure while Squall had her own agenda, she answer to the executives
Old 2013-05-08, 09:01   Link #42918
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
May I propose my idea? It's a suggestion rather than something necessary.
Spoiler for Bussard Tech:

Just my 2 cent
It has to go down to numbers?

I would even have it such that the Orbital Packages already has maxed capacitors when the two units receive it. The Ion Cannons doesn't exactly shoot a huge beam stream, more like giant particle bolts that does this to whatever it hits.

Like the description mentioned, it's based off the Algolis Shroud's shoulder cannon, which also disintegrates target on hit.

Then again, the Orbital Packages do run out power at some point. (will be showed in-story as well)
Old 2013-05-08, 10:12   Link #42919
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, avoid hard number is possible, I'm just being stupid.

Anyway, just use your usual style. It worked so far without too much hiccup.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:15   Link #42920
agetreme
Just another Idiot

May be it is just me but I think an Anti-Meteorite weapon should be something closer to ketai Sousakan 7's Grinder

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest