AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-05-30, 15:07   Link #1
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

FreeLanceFansubs reopening for requests

FLF has reopened it's services to all fansub groups. We are once again offering help with suppling staff to groups lacking needed staff on a project. As of right now our staff for support isn't as large as before due to the length of time we were idle, but we are rebuilding. We are only offering help to SERIOUS fansub groups who are not subbing licensed anime series. Here is our current staff list...

getfresh
trankten
uLTraCarL
kYuBi_FoX

At the moment we are only offering assitance with timing, typesetting, karaoke, textsub/ASS based FX, and QCing. You can contact us on IRC - #FLF@irc.chatspike.com or by posting in our forums http://flf.hopto.org

Peace
getfresh
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 05:08   Link #2
ichido reichan

useless, anybody can do that.
ichido reichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 05:16   Link #3
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Anybody can make useless comments too. All he's doing is trying to help. No need to bash his services.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 05:50   Link #4
ichido reichan

what about more important issues like encoding, sound improving or raw access.
I just gave my oppinion, sure you can save a lot of time doing timing and stuff, but I find it kinda weird just providing "temp assistance" on that sort of thing

why dont you just gather newbies and teach them how to release subs and stuff?

Im not bashing them, it gave me the feel that is like they are saying

"ok boys, today we are learning to ride the bike"

you can do that yourself with little help.

"group offered to do anything else...we just lack the translator...and the encoder...and the project"

sounds funny

Last edited by ichido reichan; 2004-05-31 at 06:01.
Old 2004-05-31, 06:08   Link #5
lamer_de

QCing is way more demanding (and important) than encoding usually. With 80-90% of nowadays raws, you can use untrained monkeys as encoders and you'll still get a result that doesn't looks too bad (my opinion). For QC, you need at least a very good knowledge of english

And raw access never has been so easy since there are groups like l33t-raws, wgr or Sayaman who provide raw acess over BT. Well, that obviously doesn't replaces a good raw getter, but you can easily use them as a starting point.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-05-31, 06:25   Link #6
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichido reichan
what about more important issues like encoding, sound improving or raw access.
I just gave my oppinion, sure you can save a lot of time doing timing and stuff, but I find it kinda weird just providing "temp assistance" on that sort of thing

why dont you just gather newbies and teach them how to release subs and stuff?

Im not bashing them, it gave me the feel that is like they are saying

"ok boys, today we are learning to ride the bike"

you can do that yourself with little help.

"group offered to do anything else...we just lack the translator..."

sounds funny

Maybe you should have read deeper before commenting. The purpose behind the temporary assistance is cause sometimes shit happens, someone quits, joint breaks up, or whatever the case maybe, that is the purpose of FLF. In addition, I see nowhere in my post that suggests that I am going to hold someone’s hand and teach them how to fansub. Also encoding is NOT an important part because encoders are easy to find. Next, "sound improving" as you call it or audio restoration is not something groups do very much. I myself am an audio engineer in real life, and can tell you now that unless the audio is seriously messed up it is a waste of time to do error correct. Last, this raw access BS... any idiot can get raws on winny, winmx, newsgroups, or from raw suppliers like Randall’s channel #leet-raws.

If all you want to do it make snide comments then please do not reply here any further. Instead, go here - http://www.evabeast.com/flf/wbboard/...dedaf3f53df2cf and post your little bitter heart out. Oh and I think it is more strange that when a person offers help to their peers out and someone comes along and has to try to find something wrong with it. That is way more shady to me...

Hey Enragin_Angel, thanks for defending me! By the way how have you been? Sorry I disappeared before but I had a lot of things going on with school and other things. I saw TW released a naruto special, so I guess you got a timer ^^. If you need me you know how to find me I'm sure.

Peace
getfresh
Old 2004-05-31, 09:43   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
oh so you guys are subbing naruto? nahh
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 09:56   Link #8
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

No way in hell will I lend out staff for any groups doing naruto! Thats a waste of time. I'd rather get groups doing all unknown animes, but the chances of that happening are next to impossible -_-
Old 2004-05-31, 12:27   Link #9
ichido reichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh
No way in hell will I lend out staff for any groups doing naruto! Thats a waste of time. I'd rather get groups doing all unknown animes, but the chances of that happening are next to impossible -_-
lending staff? for how long? and how we know that you wont quit in one or two days?

Your name is quite unknown to me, any project or fansub you released in the past?

Also, I see you are not even plan to help release any title you would not like, you are being even selective, you should put " we help with the condition that we must like the anime title" you are being selective on what you gonna do, that's why you are asking for "submiting or requesting" titles, I find your offering for help cynical.

and even if Im wrong, you should post this thread on the classified "help wanted" thread instead of here, but I still find "too easy" the tasks of your offering.
Old 2004-05-31, 13:00   Link #10
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Then here's a thought: feel free to not use his services. The fact that you have never heard of him means slightly less than nothing, as does your opinion on what is "too easy." I'd make a your-mom joke at this point, but somehow I feel that would be too easy (as well as uncivil and uncalled for, so I'll just leave it as strongly implied).
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 13:10   Link #11
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

You know what? Say what you want because all you are doing is making yourself into more and more of a jackass. You do not think that I really fansub... hum... I really don't care. I don't think you are a fansubber at all. There maybe the smallest chance you worked on some over subbed anime for 1 epi, but I doubt even that. You think typesetting and timing are easy... Prove it. Show me something you typeset. Show me something you timed. If you are really soooo knowledgeable and are not just selling wolf tickets, then tell me in detail what timers and typesetters do. I'll be waiting for your next enlightening speech on who I seem to be...
Old 2004-05-31, 13:40   Link #12
Shinonome
Typesetter

I'll tell you what...if you don't know him ...well is you who is loosing something.
I know i'm not the best (far by that) but i'm getting a lot of help from him.I'm learning new ways of doing things better and faster than i do usally in a more verbose manner.In fact i think if there was more ppl like him helping ppl ...we would get better releases.

P.S. if you don't know me well...Look at some releases of Seichi with my name in it (like Sensei no Ojikan,PMK)or Miyuki no Tamari (Magical Emi and Daphne)or Lunar with MMPPP and Hanada (tho i don't work anymore for Lunar right now)or even A-M with CC (before getting licensed)and Gungrave.

Next time think more at what you are writing.
bye bye.
Shinonome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 13:54   Link #13
ichido reichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh
You know what? Say what you want because all you are doing is making yourself into more and more of a jackass. You do not think that I really fansub... hum... I really don't care. I don't think you are a fansubber at all. There maybe the smallest chance you worked on some over subbed anime for 1 epi, but I doubt even that. You think typesetting and timing are easy... Prove it. Show me something you typeset. Show me something you timed. If you are really soooo knowledgeable and are not just selling wolf tickets, then tell me in detail what timers and typesetters do. I'll be waiting for your next enlightening speech on who I seem to be...

Ohhh!!! I just love this....

I have'nt seen a fansub of yours (or in this case "a cooperation") but in your case, you not only are ignorant of the current fansub state, as you see, I suppose you dont know who am I and what I do, ok ya want some proof, here is it:

This is my homepage:

www.geocities.com/kusanagikun

and this is my whole array of "oversubbed anime episodes"

http://ritenkyodigital.s0nicfreak.com/

Believe it or not, that is the work of just 2 people. (not counting translators, I nailed two more for my group baby!!!)

-yve chan does encoding (less than 2 hours)
-I do all the rest in just 3 hours (timing, edition,quality check)

and just because Im lazy, Im not taking my time to release the 11th episode of my "exclusive" series (this is that nobody else is doing)

You are just "reopening" (sad excuse maybe because your group disbanded or your translator just said "bye bye") and you are offering the "oh so useful services" that I take 3 hours of my time to finish alone.

Again, not bashing you or saying your services are bad, but I find kinda "misleading" the way you are approaching, why dont you go and look at the tons of guys that are looking for members for their fansubs, or better yet, go personally to groups and ask them to join, for me your "reopen freelance fansub" is no more than a cheap way to find a stable group to join (important...with it's own translator and encoder) otherwise you would'nt even bother to post.

When I read your post I though "oh, they are a group with a fine encoder and translator and they are looking for something new to offer the fansub community"

but no, they are just timers and typesetters that everybody has (or can be, reading the easy to use FAQ posted here and everywhere)

Ofcourse I dont expect anything but a good laugh, but your post look too "ambitious" and even you cant guarantee that you can complete a project, since you are opening and closing your group, let me guess...

you (or your buddies) gonna help somebody for 2 or 3 episodes and then they will quit because (I suppose) you have your own projects at hand and when you find a translator or an encoder (that you dont have it right now, obvious) you/or buddies gonna quit because of your interests .

Call me any names you want, I dont mind, but I call you "useless" and here is nothing you cant do, you guys are a no name group that I havent heard on my life and you came here and call yourself "big shot" when there is no single release with your name on it, by the way, why your group were "closed" before?

Ok, my turn, show me your proof of your "awesome work"
Old 2004-05-31, 14:17   Link #14
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Quote:
Ohhh!!! I just love this....

I have'nt seen a fansub of yours (or in this case "a cooperation") but in your case, you not only are ignorant of the current fansub state, as you see, I suppose you dont know who am I and what I do, ok ya want some proof, here is it:

This is my homepage:

www.geocities.com/kusanagikun

Believe it or not, that is the work of just 2 people. (not counting translators, I nailed two more for my group baby!!!)

-yve chan does encoding (less than 2 hours)
-I do all the rest in just 3 hours (timing, edition,quality check)

and just because Im lazy, Im not taking my time to release the 11th episode of my "exclusive" series (this is that nobody else is doing)

You are just "reopening" (sad excuse maybe because your group disbanded or your translator just said "bye bye") and you are offering the "oh so useful services" that I take 3 hours of my time to finish alone.

Again, not bashing you or saying your services are bad, but I find kinda "misleading" the way you are approaching, why dont you go and look at the tons of guys that are looking for members for their fansubs, or better yet, go personally to groups and ask them to join, for me your "reopen freelance fansub" is no more than a cheap way to find a stable group to join (important...with it's own translator and encoder) otherwise you would'nt even bother to post.

When I read your post I though "oh, they are a group with a fine encoder and translator and they are looking for something new to offer the fansub community"

but no, they are just timers and typesetters that everybody has (or can be, reading the easy to use FAQ posted here and everywhere)

Ofcourse I dont expect anything but a good laugh, but your post look too "ambitious" and even you cant guarantee that you can complete a project, since you are opening and closing your group, let me guess...

you (or your buddies) gonna help somebody for 2 or 3 episodes and then they will quit because (I suppose) you have your own projects at hand and when you find a translator or an encoder (that you dont have it right now, obvious) you/or buddies gonna quit because of your interests .

Call me any names you want, I dont mind, but I call you "useless" and here is nothing you cant do, you guys are a no name group that I havent heard on my life and you came here and call yourself "big shot" when there is no single release with your name on it, by the way, why your group were "closed" before?

Ok, my turn, show me your proof of your "awesome work"
I find your two man group unimpressive (not counting translators) because I used to be a one man group (not counting translators) until I asked getfresh to help me while I find some more permanent staff. And though you may find those jobs "easy" I find them annoying. You've heard of things like timing insanity, and you know how boring and tedious it is to time things. Although I CAN time things myself, I would prefer not to because it's boring. You say typesetting is easy, well...it is, but only when it just involves copying your styles from one episode to another, but when it comes to styling a new OP/ED or something, some people have no style and even less creative talent (such as myself). And you say encoding is hard? Its hard for you maybe just because you don't know how to encode. For an experienced encoder, it may just involve setting and forgetting it. I noticed that you QC your own work. In my experience, it is better for a second person to look over your work because you tend to skip over things that you believe is right but without really checking it. It seems to me that the only jobs you think are hard are the ones you can't do yourself.

Also, getfresh's group wasn't intended for a recruiting ground for prospecting established groups. He makes this clear in his channel. Oh, and his group is on a few of my group's fansubs FYI.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 14:19   Link #15
Shinonome
Typesetter

You are right...we (i think i can speak for many ppl here)are making a good laugh.
Your whole work is something i did in just a week.You think just because you don't know the group name that the ppl working there are noobs or what?Nothing could be more wrong.Read the credits and you'll find out how many ep's those "so called unknown ppl" did.You think typesetting is easy?ok ..show me what you can do (and not just picking a font and changing the color).you do a release in 3 hours?I wonder how good can be.
But..enough..i think i've wasted enough time.
Shinonome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 14:40   Link #16
ichido reichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinonome
You are right...we (i think i can speak for many ppl here)are making a good laugh.
Your whole work is something i did in just a week.You think just because you don't know the group name that the ppl working there are noobs or what?Nothing could be more wrong.Read the credits and you'll find out how many ep's those "so called unknown ppl" did.You think typesetting is easy?ok ..show me what you can do (and not just picking a font and changing the color).you do a release in 3 hours?I wonder how good can be.
But..enough..i think i've wasted enough time.
yup, agree on that, my final post:

wait on KIMENGUMI 11 when is availiable today at night.
Old 2004-05-31, 14:48   Link #17
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Ok, I guess its only fair that I give a few of my credits...

Initial D 4th stage - 1-2 - MnT/Eny
AM Driver - 1 - MnT/Eny
Guardian Hearts 01-06 - MnT
Triangle Heart OVA - 01-04 - MnT
F-Zero Falcon Densetsu - 1-2 - MnT/A-M
Comic Party Revolution - 1-2 - MnT
Miyuki - 01-07 - MnT
Saint Beast - 1-3 - MnT/S-ai
HxH OVA 02 EP01-04 - MnT
Dokkida - 4 - IY-A
Pia Carrot Movie - MnT
Macross Production Movie - AA-F
Chrno Crusade 1-5 - A-M
TEXHNOLYZE - 13 - Wizzu
Gilganesh - 4 - Wizzu
Naruto 48-49 - TW
Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu - 6-7 -MnT

I figure that’s enough to please you.

FLF never was a group that released anime, it has always been a support group. I started it for that purpose and that purpose alone. It shut down before because I was busy with my real life. Moreover, I'm already the member of a stable group and am working on 5 projects, so there goes your whole looking for a trans idea. It's people like you that ruin things for everyone else. Oh you really care so damn much about what I might be doing that you feel you need to inform ppl of your opinion on this matter. Well you've stated your opinion and it’s been noted. Wonderful for you! However, keep this in mind, so far everyone who has posted besides you has a diff view on this, and they are ALL fansubbers. Nevertheless, I guess that since your right that all of them must be n00bs who know nothing of fansubbing. I do however admit my wrong in not being aware that you fansub... Oh and you doing something fast means nothing to me. Many groups are fast and there is also a large amount of anime out there that sucks. Not saying the anime your group has released sucks since I haven't seen it, but most the time that’s the case. I hope we've ended this convo finally because it you aren't going to ask my group for help obviously.
Old 2004-05-31, 14:59   Link #18
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Umm, if those websites are supposed to be evidence of how you see the "current fansub state," and if your posts are any indication of the editing level of your fansubs (which I have to assume they are, because out of your two-man group, you only credit yourself with "edition"), I would hazard a guess and say that it's not getfresh who is sadly out of touch with reality.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 16:54   Link #19
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:

They aren't digisubs. They are VHS fansubs, made 500 years ago, and hastily thrown onto very, very bad DVD rips.

Encoding from YOUR sources, should take probaby twice as long as "2 hours", but oh, you've probably never heard of AVI Synth, have you?
Do you even shifttimes your SSA scripts before you throw them on your episode? If your spending 3 hours on timing now, I might suggest you try upping that time to 48 hours.

Getfresh is proving a usefull service. Look at it from YOUR soiled perspective: Say YOU can't TIME TODAY (due to over work let's say), but you'd like to RELEASE TOMOROW - you ask GETFRESH to lend his TEMP-SERVICES to you, for this episode that you can't time for the next few day due to NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN.
If Getfresh was lending himself out for a service to subtitle a whole project for someone he'd have said so. No - contracts will be worked out on a contexted basis. If you need his help with 2 episodes, then if he agrees to help you, I really doubt he's just going to quit on you - that really wouldn't be very nice. I'm sure he'd at least tell you if he has any problems helping you - unlike some people
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-31, 17:55   Link #20
ichido reichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
They aren't digisubs. They are VHS fansubs, made 500 years ago, and hastily thrown onto very, very bad DVD rips.

Encoding from YOUR sources, should take probaby twice as long as "2 hours", but oh, you've probably never heard of AVI Synth, have you?
Do you even shifttimes your SSA scripts before you throw them on your episode? If your spending 3 hours on timing now, I might suggest you try upping that time to 48 hours.

Getfresh is proving a usefull service. Look at it from YOUR soiled perspective: Say YOU can't TIME TODAY (due to over work let's say), but you'd like to RELEASE TOMOROW - you ask GETFRESH to lend his TEMP-SERVICES to you, for this episode that you can't time for the next few day due to NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN.
If Getfresh was lending himself out for a service to subtitle a whole project for someone he'd have said so. No - contracts will be worked out on a contexted basis. If you need his help with 2 episodes, then if he agrees to help you, I really doubt he's just going to quit on you - that really wouldn't be very nice. I'm sure he'd at least tell you if he has any problems helping you - unlike some people
Hey canealot, be honest man, you are praising him because we know that later on you will ask him help to do some work that your slow-a$$ group cannot, I know speed doesnt matter, but your group is taking the cake on procrastination.

at least my projects are original and my scripts are build by myself, ofcourse those are QC by another person.

actually I was waiting for your arrival, they miss you over there in "we suck"
they said they have more scripts to help the MKV, OGM movement